Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    It's a HARD pass for me on this pack. & I am a huge Star Wars fan. But being a fan of the series doesn't mean I want it in my game. If I wanted to play Star Wars, I'd play it on my PS4, which I don't play that game very much. So, if I don't enjoy it on PS4, I know hands down I won't enjoy this pack with my Sims. I can't even think of how this fits in with how I play the game. & when I think of how hideous the NPCs are currently dressed in my game and even the possibility that NPCs could be walking around in SW outfits in all my worlds...umm no.

Out of all the themes that could have been chosen they go with this one. 2020 has been a yeah of 'meh' as it relates to content. & the bugs.....OMG. Currently, my game is a complete and buggy mess after Eco Living. I'm not adding any new packs on top of the mess that they've created with these bugs until they fix them. I usually buy every game at launch....but I won't be buying anything until my game gets until some state that is playable.
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    kenyamarie wrote: »
    I was excited to see a new game pack come out! Until I saw that it can only be downloaded from Steam!! And you have to buy all the packs etc... again! I guess Maxis sold us long time players out for new people and are making us pay for it! It is all about the money!! I cant and wont down load Star Wars!!

You do know you can download this GP from Origin don't you?

I have not logged into the forums or Origin for a long time, and but when I looked "more info" about the pack announcement earlier, this does not state that it will be on Origin:
    The Sims 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack arrives on September 8, 2020, at midnight in your region for Mac and PC and at 10 a.m. PT for Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation®
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Saw Plumbella's review...Aliens are masks...No new traits.Half unlocking clothes AGAIN?.No! Horrible Kylo Ren textured mask. Can't make those aliens. Flying is a rabbit hole, most places in Batuu are a semi-rabbit hole OH and the world is half set dressing .....

FAIL!

LOL I laughed so hard when I saw the aliens were hats LMAO
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Just sharing this here. I thought Carl did a fair article about it:
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/starwars/opinion.php
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    edited September 2020
    I watched a 20 minutes German Let's Play by my favourite Youtuber Daniel from SimFans.de. First the Sims ran large distances to rabit holes to get food and clothes, and the city center was as empty as the ROM downtown. Then there was a quest to play the new cards game in the cantina, but the game stuck and he had to cancel it after several minutes. Then the video was over and I was glad.

On a positive note, the BB is great if you like industrial steampunk buildings. Also the fear that we could only take one Sim to Batuu didn't prove right - we can travel with the family.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I was excited to see a new game pack come out! Until I saw that it can only be downloaded from Steam!! And you have to buy all the packs etc... again! I guess Maxis sold us long time players out for new people and are making us pay for it! It is all about the money!! I cant and wont down load Star Wars!!

I have not logged into the forums or Origin for a long time, and but when I looked "more info" about the pack announcement earlier, this does not state that it will be on Origin:
    The Sims 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack arrives on September 8, 2020, at midnight in your region for Mac and PC and at 10 a.m. PT for Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation®

That means that it is available at midnight except for those buying on Steam, which will be ten hours later. You can get it at midnight on Origin. Hope that helps.
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

That means that it is available at midnight except for those buying on Steam, which will be ten hours later. You can get it at midnight on Origin. Hope that helps.

I really am not interested in buying it, but I just thought it was odd that it did not list Origin as a platform. But thanks for the response.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aymhhBRbFQ
    TL;DR version:

Don't expect any of this stuff, we've been asking to see for years, anytime soon. But, you know....enjoy your shallow Disney World park.

Though I guess I should be thankful that they went ahead and told everyone what not to expect. The transparency is appreciated, at least.

It's been like four years and their goal is still to improve transparency. At least they are... consistent.

And I don't get why bunk beds need to be implemented in a meaningful way. It's a bed. We don't need a lot of quirky and weird interactions for it that take 50% of the pack's resources. They also had more than enough opportunities to add it to a fitting pack - University, Tiny Living, Parenthood, Eco Lifestyle, Kids Room Stuff etc.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Why so negative?
    I watched a gfameplay and after all, it is ok
    No occults, those are masks (than also add other effects) but after see it is a vacation world, I see it ok, just sims pretending to be aliens, and sort of role play

Also, as is vacation world, if you have Eco Lyfstile, no eco-footprint at Batuu
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited September 2020
    What a fail, so instead using g this opportunity to expand on aliens by giving them their own language, set powers, technology, traditions etc. They just made them a costume?! People were already saying how the aliens in game were nuked and kinda bland. So theres going to be no difference between them or your sim, everyone will act the same cause everyone is just a sim walking around with a mask on. This pack is already disappointing and they made even more so by not even trying to make the planet stand out. The spaceship is also a rabbit hole.. :s this would of been a perfect pack for aliens instead. And their already coming out with another stuff pack!
    giphy.gif

• BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    The Sims 4 had the worst birthday.
    First, the gurus did nothing to celebrate it. And now, they have this disaster of a pack :D:D

Its outbeaten the laundry stuff, knitting, eco lifestyle. Strangerville, island living, and that disgraceful 20 year gift.
    giphy.gif

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Exactly what I was thinking. This"team", regardless of their race/colour/ what have you.....just continues to put out a very poor product. I don't think 4 will ever be "fixed" bc they don't see the problem with it. Their parameters were set when they came up with the fake emotions schtick and they are sticking to it.

According to SimGuruNinja, "When asked about why Sims 3 and 4 haven't exactly had the same fleshed out story lines as we had in Sims 2, Dave told Heart: "We tried to give a bit more of a minimalistic approach here, more of an empty palette for players to do what they want."

https://www.heart.co.uk/lifestyle/ea-dave-miotke-the-sims-5-rumours-open-worlds/

That's the excuse they're using *rolls eyes*
    I think the questions and surveys they put out regarding the sims themselves and relationships, wants, desires, like/dislikes....attractions etc was all for S5...not for 4.

I think the exact same thing, I've said that on a few other threads, I think they're data mining.

lol, at least SimGuruSarah was honest and said they just couldn't remember all the back stories. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aymhhBRbFQ
    TL;DR version:

Don't expect any of this stuff, we've been asking to see for years, anytime soon. But, you know....enjoy your shallow Disney World park.

Though I guess I should be thankful that they went ahead and told everyone what not to expect. The transparency is appreciated, at least.

It's been like four years and their goal is still to improve transparency. At least they are... consistent.

And I don't get why bunk beds need to be implemented in a meaningful way. It's a bed. We don't need a lot of quirky and weird interactions for it that take 50% of the pack's resources. They also had more than enough opportunities to add it to a fitting pack - University, Tiny Living, Parenthood, Eco Lifestyle, Kids Room Stuff etc.

They need many more years to figure out how to stop these Sims from trying to sit on the top bunk and eat a plate of food instead of at the dinner table. Seven isn't enough.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Komura wrote: »

This is the thing that is worse than I assumed and is really sub par to me. The alien costumes should change ALL of the sims skin so it's usable in all outfit categories. Merely changing the extremities severely limits game play. If it changed the entire skin players could pretend they really are aliens.
    I'd expect each alien type to fully cover the entire skin and come in every skin tone available.

Would it not be possible for a modder to paint that costume to make it a full body mask? I don't really mind the aliens as I rarely play them, but the rabbitholes are a major let down. Without open lots, there's not much to explore.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

This is the thing that is worse than I assumed and is really sub par to me. The alien costumes should change ALL of the sims skin so it's usable in all outfit categories. Merely changing the extremities severely limits game play. If it changed the entire skin players could pretend they really are aliens.
    I'd expect each alien type to fully cover the entire skin and come in every skin tone available.

Would it not be possible for a modder to paint that costume to make it a full body mask? I don't really mind the aliens as I rarely play them, but the rabbitholes are a major let down. Without open lots, there's not much to explore.

I think it would be possible... but am I the only one tired of depending on modders to fix the game, or to make certain features better? :/ at this point I feel like we should be paying them, not EA.
  • Not to happy. I watched Plumbella's review, not good.
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I think it would be possible... but am I the only one tired of depending on modders to fix the game, or to make certain features better? :/ at this point I feel like we should be paying them, not EA.
    I've also had this thought recently. It's a shame that modders are commonly tasked with filling in the blanks of features the folks making the game couldn't do (for whatever reason; I understand they are probably restricted in a lot of ways beyond their control). And yet...modders can't accept money for the work they put in. Yes you can support them on Patreon, and that's great! But the fact remains that they're picking up the slack and can't/won't be paid for their time.

I too am tired of having to depend on mods to do what the game should already be able to do... Good example being controllable pets (I know, I know, 'ugh when is she gonna shut up about those pets already!' ...Never! *shakes fist*) -- it should have been included in the game. If people didn't want to control their pets, they don't have to. But those of us who do, well... Eh! There's a mod for that!

but i don't like usin' mods... i like my sims like i like my ice cream... vanilla

(cookie dough ice cream is pretty great too, tho)
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • maybe they should hire some of the modders to work for their team. but then again I wouldn't wanna work for EA.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited September 2020
    maybe they should hire some of the modders to work for their team. but then again I wouldn't wanna work for EA.

And mabey they could hire james Turner or and lilsimsie to build the maxis houses (as the maxis houses are 🌺🌺🌺🌺)
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    maybe they should hire some of the modders to work for their team. but then again I wouldn't wanna work for EA.

And mabey they could hire james Turner or lilsimsie to build the maxis houses (as the maxis houses are 🌺🌺🌺🌺)

Both. Both. Both is good.
  • > @Cavapoo_King said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > And mabey they could hire james Turner or lilsimsie to build the maxis houses (as the maxis houses are 🌺🌺🌺🌺)

yeah hire them both.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I prefer James for building. Not a fan of the other one at all
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I prefer James for building. Not a fan of the other one at all

But can we agree that lilsimsie's builds are at least twice as good as EA's?