Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Letter From The Sims Team

Comments

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Komura wrote: »
    I can’t help but wonder what the next expansion pack is. I’m trying to think of everything that’s trendy right now since they seem to follow trends with their packs this year, but I’m drawing a complete blank on anything that I would find fun, or that would appeal to the Sims teams version of fun. I am glad that they prepared people for this next pack that it won’t be something that includes what majority is asking for though, it will probably soften the blow of whatever this pack is.

I'm also drawing a blank.

And that SP placeholder is still on Origin so wonder where that fits in.

It could still be the winter theme that seems to be hinted at.

for a whole EP? No thanks...GP sure.

If it adds a world, lots of activities, careers, skills I think it could work. It would also need to offer a new game mechanic but I'm not sure what it could be.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    It pretty much just confirms what we all know already...

They aren't listening and they don't care what we want in the game. No surprises really. :/

I think they are listening (how else would they know about cars, babies, bunk beds), but there are just some things they can't or simply won't add into the game. And they can't or don't want to say what those things may or may not be. Sorry if this sounds vague.

Okay my bad I'll rephrase. They are listening but they still don't care what we want in the game. The only reason the skin tones are getting special priority treatment right now is because the community kicked up enough fuss and it doesn't look good for them to not seem inclusive when they go to so much effort to promote that they are inclusive. I'm also a bit salty right now.

This...this came off as "oh yeah we hear you...you just aren't gonna get it."
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    all i can say is that that expansion, despite not having farms or bunkbeds, better deliver on some aspect of a fan request.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Komura wrote: »
    I can’t help but wonder what the next expansion pack is. I’m trying to think of everything that’s trendy right now since they seem to follow trends with their packs this year, but I’m drawing a complete blank on anything that I would find fun, or that would appeal to the Sims teams version of fun. I am glad that they prepared people for this next pack that it won’t be something that includes what majority is asking for though, it will probably soften the blow of whatever this pack is.

I'm also drawing a blank.

And that SP placeholder is still on Origin so wonder where that fits in.

I don't have that placeholder on mine? I'm in Canada if that makes a difference? Don't think it ever was.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    It pretty much just confirms what we all know already...

They aren't listening and they don't care what we want in the game. No surprises really. :/

I think they are listening (how else would they know about cars, babies, bunk beds), but there are just some things they can't or simply won't add into the game. And they can't or don't want to say what those things may or may not be. Sorry if this sounds vague.

Okay my bad I'll rephrase. They are listening but they still don't care what we want in the game. The only reason the skin tones are getting special priority treatment right now is because the community kicked up enough fuss and it doesn't look good for them to not seem inclusive when they go to so much effort to promote that they are inclusive. I'm also a bit salty right now.

Oh okay, I understand.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    edited September 2020
    I only have negative comments that include a lot of curse words. SIX YEARS... They clearly DO care about their fan base 🙄. Of course it's Lindsay who addressed the community after the tweet fiasco. The irony here is a bit much.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Considering we can now elope in vacation worlds (which is odd because I thought we could already), I bet the next EP will be another vacation world. But maybe actually fleshed out. Or a world adventure pack.

I was honestly hoping they wouldn’t do another EP this year. Take some more time to develop the next EP and improve the base game.

This next EP has only been in development since last year, assuming after Discover University was released. That’s not a lot of time and that doesn’t fill me with hope that this EP will meet expectations.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    As a team, we are going to make more of an effort to communicate what’s coming with more regularity and transparency so that you continue to feel in the loop about new features, experiences, packs, and general information.

I hope this is true, sorry for being doubtful but...you know...experience...but I feel this is exactly what is missing so much, silence is the worst thing one can do and I for one feel alot of the frustration of many simmers comes from the feeling of not being heard/communicated with, so this in my eyes is a very important step.

Also, glad to hear the EP wont be about cars or babies >:)

I am too, could you imagine the uproar if the babies update was locked behind a paywall? Good grief I could see it now...
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited September 2020
    I want to set expectations now, though, that cars, babies, farms and bunk beds are not part of this EP.

Welp.... that'll help to narrow down the next EP speculation thread a wee bit. :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    On upcoming content - when we consider something for addition to the game we consider what it will take to update it meaningfully. This is just as true for babies as it would be for cars, bunk beds or any other number of feature requests.

So they’re saying it takes time for things like this, could this be why the person claimed their coming by the fiscal year? There’s still not a definite date for that🧐 and between now and March 31,2021 is still a long time
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    I only have negative comments that include a lot of curse words. They clearly DO care about their fan base 🙄. Of course it's Lindsay who addressed the community after the tweet fiasco. The irony here is a bit much.

I feel you..I could go off right now. But I'll be a good girl.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    all i can say is that that expansion, despite not having farms or bunkbeds, better deliver on some aspect of a fan request.

Surely they can only go up from here when it comes to pack themes. I doubt anything could be worse than the Star Wars pack. :D
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Actually, I'm quite ok with the letter. I actually posted on her twitter yesterday asking for more transparency. So, even tho it's not the things that we've been wanting/asking for, they at least didn't let us keep wondering if it was.
    Could you guys start being more transparent and open with what exactly you're working on? In past games when you bought a game disc inside was an advertisement for the next pack. This was great and we got to look forward to something. You don't have to give dates, just info!
    11:41 PM · Sep 2, 2020·Twitter Web App
    Actually, I'm quite ok with the letter. I actually posted on her twitter yesterday asking for more transparency. So, even tho it's not the things that we've been wanting/asking for, they at least didn't let us keep wondering if it was.
    Could you guys start being more transparent and open with what exactly you're working on? In past games when you bought a game disc inside was an advertisement for the next pack. This was great and we got to look forward to something. You don't have to give dates, just info!
    11:41 PM · Sep 2, 2020·Twitter Web App

I still will believe when I actually see it though.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2020
    On upcoming content - when we consider something for addition to the game we consider what it will take to update it meaningfully. This is just as true for babies as it would be for cars, bunk beds or any other number of feature requests. Sometimes there is foundational technology we need to work through and sometimes we need to dig into designs more deeply to make sure we understand your expectations.

So that's why you made a Star Wars pack which uses rabbit holes from the base game from 2014, that you can't live in, literally everyone says will not fit into any of the base game content and not a lot of other packs at all and I can't see how this is going to add to future packs either...

what?
    logion wrote: »
    On upcoming content - when we consider something for addition to the game we consider what it will take to update it meaningfully. This is just as true for babies as it would be for cars, bunk beds or any other number of feature requests. Sometimes there is foundational technology we need to work through and sometimes we need to dig into designs more deeply to make sure we understand your expectations.

So that's why you made a Star Wars pack which literally everyone says will not fit into the base game at all and I can't see how this is going to add to future packs either...

what?

I read this as, the game's core is horrible and we can't put it in there because of the horrible mess we made it.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Is this what she meant though by an update on how the skin tones are coming along? I hope not, I’d like to see some visuals
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited September 2020
    I read this as, the game's core is horrible and we can't put it in there because of the horrible mess we made it.

I sorta interpreted it the exact same way.
    Sometimes there is foundational technology we need to work through

That statement right there is why.

• charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    This is all I wanted, I'd much rather know that what I want isn't coming to the game then for them to get us all excited just to learn they are adding more soulless trash instead.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »

Surely they can only go up from here when it comes to pack themes. I doubt anything could be worse than the Star Wars pack. :D

Don't be so sure. You may have just jinxed it. :D
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    Is this what she meant though by an update on how the skin tones are coming along? I hope not, I’d like to see some visuals

They said those would be coming ‘in the weeks ahead’ or something. I believe they put out this letter because the Sims community is in an uproar, to the point it’s bleeding out of our community and into mainstream. The Sims and EA don’t look very good right now. I have a lot of friends who have reached out to me asking me what the heck is going on with the Sims, even my overwatch group had an entire thread about it.