Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey to Baatu : new pack! Your thoughts?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I am SUPER into the Star Wars theme and cant wait!
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Haflinger wrote: »
    For me, the whole year has been a bust game playing-wise. I bought EL for the new world (polluted though it maybe) and it's build/buy stuff. I bought Knitting for the rocking chairs and to have something for my elders to do. I'll buy this pack because I have thought of ways to play around the heavy handed SW theme but there is still little that will be useful in other worlds.

It will be interesting to see what the Black Friday EP will be. If it's not something players really want then, the entire year that was supposed to be their best yet, will be a joke.

You sound like me. I got TL because oh .. small houses, I want one in RL (on a lot of land so I can have more room for my horses :lol:) EL because I thought maybe a dystpoian polluted world might be interesting, but I didn't really do much, and NK because ok, might as well. Pretty excited for this pack though because I'm just a Star Wars geek who'd probably want to live there in the GFFA.

If there is a way for my sim to stay in Batuu for as long as I want so the other sim worlds can drop away and immerse my sim in the story and location, them I think I'll really enjoy playing sims in Star Wars. But if my sim has to return home on a timer, that will turn off the fun for me,.

Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.

Just gonna have to wait and see. But I'm willing to give it a shot.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    For me, the whole year has been a bust game playing-wise. I bought EL for the new world (polluted though it maybe) and it's build/buy stuff. I bought Knitting for the rocking chairs and to have something for my elders to do. I'll buy this pack because I have thought of ways to play around the heavy handed SW theme but there is still little that will be useful in other worlds.

It will be interesting to see what the Black Friday EP will be. If it's not something players really want then, the entire year that was supposed to be their best yet, will be a joke.

You sound like me. I got TL because oh .. small houses, I want one in RL (on a lot of land so I can have more room for my horses :lol:) EL because I thought maybe a dystpoian polluted world might be interesting, but I didn't really do much, and NK because ok, might as well. Pretty excited for this pack though because I'm just a Star Wars geek who'd probably want to live there in the GFFA.

If there is a way for my sim to stay in Batuu for as long as I want so the other sim worlds can drop away and immerse my sim in the story and location, them I think I'll really enjoy playing sims in Star Wars. But if my sim has to return home on a timer, that will turn off the fun for me,.

I doubt there will be a timer that we can't extend. Even vacations have that. I'm hoping it's like in the Magic Realm where you can hang out as long as you want, you just have to take care of needs. And there are potions, rewards, and cheats for that. ;)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I am not excited or interested. That reveal did nothing for me . I will most likely skip.
    I have no love or hate for the pack. My honest thoughts of this pack and Sims 4 as a whole can be summed up as old animations pretending to be different/new functions. People will be fine with old animations as long as it seems like a new function. For example, people will be okay with the re-used sword fighting animations from Get Famous because it is preformed with light sabers. It feels like a new function because the swapped swords with light sabers. If you understand that then there's nothing wrong with buying these packs. But don't try to convince people that this is something new or innovated.

I think what annoys me the most about this game is. The amount of money they saved re-using animations that probably goes into cosmetic things and no actual gameplay. The Sims 4 worlds are beautiful but then you realize there are hardly any lots to build on and not that many interactive places in the world. I'm no expert but explain to me why there are less lots in Glimmerbrook but a lot of set dressing like trees? Was it really much harder to give us more empty lots than to place all those trees?
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I do not have an opinion on this pack since my questions of it has not been answered yet. But I do know a lot of people who don't play sims will now be playing sims due this game pack.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I am not excited or interested. That reveal did nothing for me . I will most likely skip.
    I was almost positive that I was not going to get this pack, but the game play trailer cemented that. It's just not what I play the Sims for. I'm not too fussed about it -- I hope people who are excited for this remain so after it's released.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited September 2020
    I have no love or hate for the pack. My honest thoughts of this pack and Sims 4 as a whole can be summed up as old animations pretending to be different/new functions. People will be fine with old animations as long as it seems like a new function. For example, people will be okay with the re-used sword fighting animations from Get Famous because it is preformed with light sabers. It feels like a new function because the swapped swords with light sabers. If you understand that then there's nothing wrong with buying these packs. But don't try to convince people that this is something new or innovated.

I think what annoys me the most about this game is. The amount of money they saved re-using animations that probably goes into cosmetic things and no actual gameplay. The Sims 4 worlds are beautiful but then you realize there are hardly any lots to build on and not that many interactive places in the world. I'm no expert but explain to me why there are less lots in Glimmerbrook but a lot of set dressing like trees? Was it really much harder to give us more empty lots than to place all those trees?

I think it's probably just like what a Guru stated about San Myshuno, that it wouldn't fit the "vision" they had of the world. So, I guess to them this world is set in a forest and they didn't want to forfeit that by adding more lots people could build on and essentially mess up what they had in mind for it.
    If we had allowed the creation of apartment buildings from Build/Buy, we would not have been able to achieve the look we were going for.
    https://simsvip.com/2016/09/21/sims-4-city-living-simgurueugi-explains-apartment-limitations/
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    I AM a huge Star Wars fan, but I'm not buying it for the Sims 4. There are far better Star Wars game that I could play when I want to.

Seeing how little you can interact with in the world is honestly pretty pathetic.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I did not vote because my choice wasn't there. I used to be excited about this pack, even went so far as to make my chosen sims the ones to go to Batuu and join a group, but since the patch, my game is extremely buggy. It makes me sad that I can't buy a pack because of resident bugs that EA won't or can't fix. This will only make the bugs worse and I can't handle that. :(
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I did not vote because my choice wasn't there. I used to be excited about this pack, even went so far as to make my chosen sims the ones to go to Batuu and join a group, but since the patch, my game is extremely buggy. It makes me sad that I can't buy a pack because of resident bugs that EA won't or can't fix. This will only make the bugs worse and I can't handle that. :(

I'm sorry that's happening. :( I'm kind of afraid to open my game, but I think I need to see how it will perform. I'm going to leave my mods folder out of it for now, just in case, and try a game repair first.

Usually when players start having major issues shortly after a patch, they do a hotfix fairly quickly. With the extended weekend coming, I hope they find time to slip one in so people can have a stable game.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    I dont care for the Star Wars theme much, but im buying this for Build/Buy/CAS , etc.
    Fourth option. With the statement, if I buy it. It will simply be to have all the packs. My OCD will not just let me skip one because I am not interested. I learned several packs ago, from where it has the owned and no owned icon it annoys me for it to be different.

Another pack I bough purely for this reason was bowling, and a couple stuff packs that I just didn't feel like I need.