Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

September Patch Speculation 2020 (Out Now)

Comments

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I feel like I can't really get excited about the landspeeder thing tbh. If they are usable then surely they'd want to show that in the trailer, no?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I feel like I can't really get excited about the landspeeder thing tbh. If they are usable then surely they'd want to show that in the trailer, no?

They barely showed it in the first trailer and in the new trailer it is visible in at least 3-4 scenes. They are probably going to reveal more about it in the live stream if there is one.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    GracieO312 wrote: »

They barely showed it in the first trailer and in the new trailer it is visible in at least 3-4 scenes. They are probably going to reveal more about it in the live stream if there is one.

Hm maybe. Let's hope I am wrong then! I think we could all really do with a livestream. Hope they announce one tomorrow!
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    [quote="Peral;c-17637606"]I guess that skin tones and bunk beds is likely. Since we have ladders it would be logical to implement bunk beds. Cars?! I can not see them work very well, in the different worlds. Bicycles work because they do not depend on roads to get by...but cars, my Sim get into it and then a loading screen?! [/quote]

Not to be obvious but ts2 was completely closed and we had cars there. A helicopter too if I remember correctly. I remember in ts3 my sim going to work and only arriving at the end of her shift. In all fairness, this instance, she was a mermaid in Isla Paradiso where she swam half the map, taxi, swam a bit more, taxi then hey paycheck! She was half dead by the time she got back home. Lol. Cars would be a nice feature but if I personally had to choose I'd beg for freed babies. Bunk beds would be cool I guess. I think we can forget about the colour wheel in ts4. On a side note, I feel like the update would bring CAS update on human side like the skin tones and maybe, and this is a big maybe, body hair. If my suspicion is correct the aliens in SW pack are not masks but alien CAS update, judging by their moving lips and a few differences in appearance. So I'm guessing just alien customisation without gameplay differences. If I'm correct this would be reason enough to add human CAS update in the patch. But that's just my opinion.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    coupledancing in patch so we can couple dance to this new star wars dj so its like actually fun to dance?

i wish.

alien genetics and facemelting things fixed since this pack is filled with alien? I also wish.

update for aliens to be able to abduct sims on their rocketship and those new aircraft? wish very much.

bug fixes? always in big need.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    So at 1:14 in the new Game Pack trailer, you can see a landspeeder parked next to the Batuu Milk Stand. This is a vehicle from the Star Wars universe that moves like a flying car (without wheels of course). We don't know if these will be usable as of now, but I wonder if this could be a sign that cars might be added to the game? I don't know enough about animating to know if the landspeeder animations or routing would be comparable to those for cars, but I thought it'd be worth mentioning.

At 2:33 in the new Gameplay trailer you can spot a landspeeder again, parked inside one of the buildings. I’m starting to think they’ll be usable because it looks like the speeder has it’s own parking spot with animation and all..

In an interview with an EA producer at starwars.com they say we'll be able to pilot some kind of aircraft...
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Looks like there's an update today, my game is updating, looking forward to the patch notes.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    Looks like there's an update today, my game is updating, looking forward to the patch notes.

Are you on console? I don't have any update on PC at the moment.
  • BlandLasagnaBlandLasagna Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="bizuktag;c-17641407"][quote="filipomel;c-17641372"]Looks like there's an update today, my game is updating, looking forward to the patch notes.[/quote]

Are you on console? I don't have any update on PC at the moment.[/quote]

I’m on console and don’t have an update
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    So has the patch been released yet?
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    filipomel wrote: »

Are you on console? I don't have any update on PC at the moment.

My game actually may have malfunctioned, after this “update” the game wouldn’t launch, so now I’m repairing my game.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Hoping for curved walls, split level rooms, and diagonal stairs to keep ahead of the game with Paralives’ growing list of build mode features. 🤞

I'd love split level rooms but I wonder if the TS4 engine can pull it out.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    So has the patch been released yet?

No patch. Says my game is up to date
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    looks like they're not even gonna do a post on twitter for their 6th anniversary. hmm
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    looks like they're not even gonna do a post on twitter for their 6th anniversary. hmm

As long as there's no post, we can still hope something bigger is coming our way. But I wouldn't expect it to be too big. I think it's the windows update and probably a tshirt or something ^^
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    I doubt they care. I remember a few years ago, when it was the 3 or 4th anniversary someone reminded a guru it was the anniversary and they were just Replied with a “oh yeah, it is” type of attitude. Even they forgot
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    It's officially Patch Day atleast in my lo cal. It just crossed the midnight hour on the East Coast.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I’m more excited for the patch than the pack. Can’t wait to see what it brings.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    It feels so weird that we're probably getting the patch today without having any idea about what's in it. If it's something big, they'd release a youtube video or something about it instead of showing it off in the livestream like they normally do, right?
    It feels so weird that we're probably getting the patch today without having any idea about what's in it. If it's something big, they'd release a youtube video or something about it instead of showing it off in the livestream like they normally do, right?

No we always get patches without knowing what they are. The exceptions were the stairs update, iirc when they tweeted a pic and said we get them.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member

No we always get patches without knowing what they are. The exceptions were the stairs update, iirc when they tweeted a pic and said we get them.

They showed the stairs in a stream beforehand as well. They also showed stuff from the Eco patch (like the improved inventory and bills, plus teasing firefighters) in the Eco Lifestyle gameplay stream.

I feel like a vaguely remember a stream for the terrain tools update as well?

But I don’t think the Star Wars pack is getting a livestream, and that’s where they’d talk about patch stuff if it was coming. So who knows.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
    Ivyeyed wrote: »

They showed the stairs in a stream beforehand as well. They also showed stuff from the Eco patch (like the improved inventory and bills, plus teasing firefighters) in the Eco Lifestyle gameplay stream.

I feel like a vaguely remember a stream for the terrain tools update as well?

But I don’t think the Star Wars pack is getting a livestream, and that’s where they’d talk about patch stuff if it was coming. So who knows.
    Yeah when it something big, they don’t always bring anything big

• AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    The only patch I can think of were they didn’t show it off beforehand is toddlers... so who knows.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    The only patch I can think of were they didn’t show it off beforehand is toddlers... so who knows.

Yes, this is why I am so excited and hope so much it's babies FINALLY!
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Yes, this is why I am so excited and hope so much it's babies FINALLY!

I hope you're right, but my bet is on cars... Not long before we find out, let's hope it's somewhat exciting at least.