Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    6SbnPE4.png

:|

BLUE MILK!! That’s the gameplay I’ve wanted my whole life!! I’ll spend my life’s saving for this pack now!!!

*Sarcasm* :D:D

.../sarcasm/ at least it wasn't Rian Johnson's "green milk". /end sarcasm/
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Cemirror wrote: »
    Is anyone else just getting like massive second-hand embarrassment? Like I knew this was a bad idea back a few weeks ago when I realized the speculation was right, and I was really angry myself. But now that a HUGE swath of other people are angry and seeing the Sim gurus try to defend themselves, my face is just constantly poised in an expression of "YIKES!" while reading the news about this. Even when it's news outlets being like "Everyone is so happy about this and my wife didn't at all leave me yesterday!" I'm just like "AAAAAIIIIISH." I think it would be very smart for the gurus to tease a new expansion pack for November based around a theme they know people have been explicitly asking for a while. VERY smart... Think we need something shiny to pacify the community after this...

How can they offer what they may not have? :'(

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I think the issue is the game developers are out of touch.They make packs base on trends, or what they want in the game.

This is so true, the devs are all thirty something men who hardcore game with first person shooters. They wouldn’t play the sims on their own time. They have NO idea what we’d like to play.

And they don’t care. They’re earning a paycheck. They aren’t passionate about the game.

I can’t WAIT for Paralives— a game that is being developed with PASSION, not a paycheck.

Didnt sims start like that and for all we know paralives could go the same way or even worse ea buys it of them because they are to scared to lose their precious money

I know! I’m so worried about that! 😭😭😭

I need to apologize to all the men out there that I smeared.

It’s a woman dev who’s the culprit. I stand corrected. Just shows how badly out of touch all the devs are. It’s like this game is their personal playground.

Here’s her admission:

This is depressing.

So depressing :'(
    Edit: That was her response to someone pointing out that Sims is a life simulation game

We would need family gameplay in order to do that don't ya think? sigh lol
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    @Omri147 The Sims 4 are masters of recycling!

I think everything from this whole pack was recycled. Some recycled features/ objects I noticed:

-Reputation feature from Get Famous
    -Sparring Animation from Get Famous/ Vampires/ Strangerville
    -Changing World feature from Eco Lifestyle
    -Quests from Jungle Adventure/ Strangeville
    -Triangular door from Jungle Adventure
    -Opening Chest Animation from Jungle Adventure
    -Chest object from Jungle Adventure
    -Robotics Skill from Discover University
    -Rocket ship from base game

I'm sure there are plenty more too...

That big budget they got focused more on the detail & making it look all pretty rather then giving it actual gameplay elements . I was expecting a force power system but I don’t even think we get access to that. What’s the point if I can’t toss a sim in mid air or choke someone who but in my romantic conversation ? & those “aliens” are just costumes. Sad
    And for a GAMEPLAY PACK :(
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    At this point I’m just ready for this pack to come out so all the people excited for it will go play it stop crying over people not liking Star Wars and go enjoy their pack, I’m also excited to see if I’m right and it’ll be a huge disappointment. The fact so many people think it’s going to be some open world, new aliens, new occult’s, amazing masterpiece makes me wonder if they know what game they’re playing.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Out of respect to the OP's wishes I won't be responding to answers to this question...as I'm asking purely out of curiosity.

Is there a reason this is more polarizing than if they had announced an "unbranded" Supernatural pack?
    In other words what's the issue? The branding or the actual content?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2020
    This video explains it perfectly.

https://youtu.be/iDRcDXI-aNA
    5JZ57S6.png
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    Komura wrote: »
    At this point I’m just ready for this pack to come out so all the people excited for it will go play it stop crying over people not liking Star Wars and go enjoy their pack, I’m also excited to see if I’m right and it’ll be a huge disappointment. The fact so many people think it’s going to be some open world, new aliens, new occult’s, amazing masterpiece makes me wonder if they know what game they’re playing.

They’re setting themselves up for disappointment lol. The selling point was actually the blue milk that isn’t even blue lmao
  • PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    I find it amusing how there're at least two big studios (Bioware and Maxis) that made questionable and completely out-of-style decisions while being associated with EA but when the devs get confronted about it they claim that it is all on them and EA decides nothing. Makes me scratch my tinfoil hat :D
    On a more serious note, I'm too speechless to complain. I don't check sims daily, so I've just found out about this sw stuff. I'm glad that there're so many complainers. Not sure if EAMaxis cares, but at least it's not lonely :D . Well, I'm back ro Pleasentview now.
    But, really, wut?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think a space pack would have been met with some negativity. Because at the end of the day, people would still feel ignored.
    However some would like it, if it improved Sixam. Some may not have liked it if it improved aliens as twenty bucks to improve aliens is a slap in the face.

But if it was a generic space pack it would have left more space for your own creativity and stamp on it. Star Wars is extremely niche. I know nothing about SW, I have never saw the movies. This has zero interest to me. I’m more interested in Lego Star Wars games with my Husband as the lego games are funny and have game play that will last several hours.
    This looks like Star Wars for pre schoolers which is somewhat ironic as the lego games are aimed at children but many adults still get some enjoyment out of them.

I want to tell my own stories in the Sims, I don’t want a linear story that is a one and done experience in three hours. I don’t want my sims to bump into Storm Troopers in Windenburg and even as someone who enjoys building I don’t see me getting any use out of the items.

Star Wars shouldn’t be in the sims. We are getting more alien types before we get better skin tones, we are getting space ships before we get cars, we are probably going to get better Star Wars lore than what we have Sims lore.

But it’s okay, as the gurus are excited. Except... the gurus don’t play the game.
    If they do, they do a great impression of not knowing a thing about their own game on live streams.

I agree with this video.

https://youtu.be/tJdYULR9eAw
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I think a space pack would have been met with some negativity. Because at the end of the day, people would still feel ignored.
    However some would like it, if it improved Sixam. Some may not have liked it if it improved aliens as twenty bucks to improve aliens is a slap in the face.

But if it was a generic space pack it would have left more space for your own creativity and stamp on it. Star Wars is extremely niche. I know nothing about SW, I have never saw the movies. This has zero interest to me. I’m more interested in Lego Star Wars games with my Husband as the lego games are funny and have game play that will last several hours.
    This looks like Star Wars for pre schoolers which is somewhat ironic as the lego games are aimed at children but many adults still get some enjoyment out of them.

I want to tell my own stories in the Sims, I don’t want a linear story that is a one and done experience in three hours. I don’t want my sims to bump into Storm Troopers in Windenburg and even as someone who enjoys building I don’t see me getting any use out of the items.

Star Wars shouldn’t be in the sims. We are getting more alien types before we get better skin tones, we are getting space ships before we get cars, we are probably going to get better Star Wars lore than what we have Sims lore.

But it’s okay, as the gurus are excited. Except... the gurus don’t play the game.
    If they do, they do a great impression of not knowing a thing about their own game on live streams.

I agree with this video.

https://youtu.be/tJdYULR9eAw

Pleasant Sims I wanted to hug her...she was about the cry the entire video.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member

Could've claimed she held the dev team hostage, but no, you had to implicate yourself. :(

Could've claimed she held the dev team hostage, but no, you had to implicate yourself. :(

IKR? Wanna see people defend them now.
    edited September 2020

They’re setting themselves up for disappointment lol. The selling point was actually the blue milk that isn’t even blue lmao

“WHY ARE MY ALIENS COSTUMES?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN’T BE A JEDI?! YOU’RE TELLING ME I CAN’T LIVE ON BATUU? MY BABY WITH KYLO REN IS UGLY! WHAT IS THIS A WORLD FOR ANTS!?” These and other smash hits coming soon to a forum near you.

xD OMG You're Psychic.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member

“WHY ARE MY ALIENS COSTUMES?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN’T BE A JEDI?! YOU’RE TELLING ME I CAN’T LIVE ON BATUU? MY BABY WITH KYLO REN IS UGLY! WHAT IS THIS A WORLD FOR ANTS!?” These and other smash hits coming soon to a forum near you.

xD OMG You're physic.

*psychic. :)
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Cemirror wrote: »
    Is anyone else just getting like massive second-hand embarrassment? Like I knew this was a bad idea back a few weeks ago when I realized the speculation was right, and I was really angry myself. But now that a HUGE swath of other people are angry and seeing the Sim gurus try to defend themselves, my face is just constantly poised in an expression of "YIKES!" while reading the news about this. Even when it's news outlets being like "Everyone is so happy about this and my wife didn't at all leave me yesterday!" I'm just like "AAAAAIIIIISH." I think it would be very smart for the gurus to tease a new expansion pack for November based around a theme they know people have been explicitly asking for a while. VERY smart... Think we need something shiny to pacify the community after this...

It is all quite fascinating when you take a step back and look at it from a truly meta perspective, there's no doubt about that. B)

xD OMG You're physic.

*psychic. :)

xD Thanks.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member

I can already predict new Answer HQ bug reports.
    • Alien masks stuck on townies. (currently a bug in the game, hats are getting stuck on sims, for example the DU costumes)
    • Star Wars clothes showing up on hot and cold weather clothing. (I highly doubt maxis checked the tags for those, they never do)
    • Leaders for the Star Wars factions are generic townies. (Which is the same that happens with the sages in RoM)
    • Sims on batuu are wearing weird generated clothing. (The clothing generator is a mess)
    • Sims with Sharing is Caring are stealing on Batuu. (It's enough that someone with sharing is caring shows up on batuu and the world is ruined since you can't edit the lots)
    • Unplayed droids are breaking down. (this is what is happening with the robots in DU)

Not gonna lie I just busted out into ugly laughter at ‘ Sims with Sharing is Caring are stealing on Batuu. (It's enough that someone with sharing is caring shows up on batuu and the world is ruined since you can't edit the lots)’

This possibility and the fact that I know people with certain mods are going to defile this game and Disney’s precious characters bring me the joy the announcement never could.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited September 2020

I can already predict new Answer HQ bug reports.
    • Alien masks stuck on townies. (currently a bug in the game, hats are getting stuck on sims, for example the DU costumes)
    • Star Wars clothes showing up on hot and cold weather clothing. (I highly doubt maxis checked the tags for those, they never do)
    • Leaders for the Star Wars factions are generic townies. (Which is the same that happens with the sages in RoM)
    • Sims on batuu are wearing weird generated clothing. (The clothing generator is a mess)
    • Sims with Sharing is Caring are stealing on Batuu. (It's enough that someone with sharing is caring shows up on batuu and the world is ruined since you can't edit the lots)
    • Unplayed droids are breaking down. (this is what is happening with the robots in DU)

this is what I worry about the most and although I am not buying the pack I am worried about what the patch might force on me which has nothing to do with the personal sandbox game play i wish to play.... :/ I have no issues as long as I can turn whatever I don't want off but I know from Eco living destroying my game it's not as simple as that..