Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars incoming? Hovercraft seen in new Journey to Batuu Trailer.

SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
A second Journey to Batuu trailer dropped today (9/1), and at the 0:04 and 2:32 marks, you can spot a floating hovercraft/landspeeder (what is basically a car in Star Wars) in the background. I've included screenshots below, but go check out the trailer to see the hover animation. Of course, it could be a prop and/or limited functionality item. It could also be that cars are coming in a patch soon and that this hovercraft is a specific variation they included for the Star Wars pack. Either way, we should know soon. Thoughts?
50294131363_a6e2512881_k.jpg
50294811731_3b691ac16c_k.jpg

Link the the new trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe5N_0TQOkM

Edit: You can also see two of these hovercraft at 0:36 mark.

Edit 2: #Disappoint. They are in fact just decorative. The props never seem to end with the Sims 4.
Post edited by SappySifaka on

Comments

• Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    i see this too, well its kind perfect time to upgrade cars, because this mouth its anniversary of the sims 4, i wonder if this come in pre patch before day 8
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    yeah, i'm not getting my hopes up. they'd sooner give us a Minions expansion pack than something we actually asked for.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I hope the land rover works like a car and more then 1 sim can use it.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020
    Players talk as if we dont get things we ask for all the time. Just not in the order to time frame we want them. 😂 but anyway I was totally checking out that craft!! I'm thinking it could be set dressing or like a teleporter rocket ship kinda thing. But if it really is cars (which I totally believe are coming)that would be super exciting!! 🤗

I'm also thinking it could work like the boat in briliton bay. Get in and hit a loading screen.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Players talk as if we dont get things we ask for all the time. Just not in the order to time frame we want them. 😂 but anyway I was totally checking out that craft!! I'm thinking it could be set dressing or like a teleporter rocket ship kinda thing. But if it really is cars (which I totally believe are coming)that would be super exciting!! 🤗

I'm also thinking it could work like the boat in briliton bay. Get in and hit a loading screen.

I'd rather it work like a car or the boats and bikes.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020

Yea I definitely hope so!!!
    There is another hover car next to the house in willow creek in the part where they show she went back home and started building.
    Heres to hoping!!😃😃😃
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I don't think it necessarily means anything. Brindleton Bay had parking lots with parked cars, and that was 2017. In 2018, the Get Famous trailer showed a limousine that our sims can't even ride, and only shows up as set dressing in Del Sol Valley.

They're definitely working on cars because it's been requested for so long, but I don't think the appearance of land vehicles in a trailer means that they'll be arriving in the near future, because that already happened in 2018, and there's still radio silence after almost 2 years.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    So excited. Loving the trailers for the videos so far too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    That should come before TS4 ends....
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

Yea I definitely hope so!!!
    There is another hover car next to the house in willow creek in the part where they show she went back home and started building.
    Heres to hoping!!😃😃😃

Oh cool I never saw that, it’s really hidden in the background there huh
  • Options
    aecollins21aecollins21 Posts: 64 Member
    Watch it be a car and all of a sudden the haters start screaming "best pack ever!!" lol
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Watch it be a car and all of a sudden the haters start screaming "best pack ever!!" lol
    Even if it was a car worst pack ever I never wanted a Star Wars themed car I want real car game play as we had in every other Sims game.

I expect this to be a deco car unusable nothing but more set dressing just a object to look at to pretend to be in a immersive world but no worries there is blue milk to keep people playing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Even if it was a car worst pack ever I never wanted a Star Wars themed car I want real car game play as we had in every other Sims game.

I expect this to be a deco car unusable nothing but more set dressing just a object to look at to pretend to be in a immersive world but no worries there is blue milk to keep people playing.

It's not even blue, actually, they didn't even bother to really color it blue :D
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Just set decorations not getting hopes up.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited September 2020
    m2srvCD.png?1

The landspeeders are in the Build/Buy catalog! Does anyone know if the 'environment' rating mean that they are only decoration and not vehicles?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Think they might be vehicles as the world is just one big neighborhood, with no lots.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    https://youtu.be/XITnx29jrSE?t=93

1:33:

The landspeeders are purely decorative and do nothing. That doesn't mean they can't be updated in a patch to actually work, of course.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    xD As I thought....Decorations! I was right.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

It's actually so absurd to include a flying car that is not functional.
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    m2srvCD.png?1

The landspeeders are in the Build/Buy catalog! Does anyone know if the 'environment' rating mean that they are only decoration and not vehicles?

what video you see that show the build mode?
  • Options
    akaseven wrote: »
    m2srvCD.png?1

what video you see that show the build mode?

It's Plumbella's review!
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Nothing the sims loves more than set dressing
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Such a tease! I was hoping for a functional land speeder. Why include it if my sim has to walk anyway? :(
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member

Such a tease! I was hoping for a functional land speeder. Why include it if my sim has to walk anyway? :(

Aesthetics, of course!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Wonder if possible to turn that Landspeeder into a functional bike?