Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Star Wars Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    I'm so excited about this I can't stand it! I've created 2 new sims, sisters (one is my avatar) who want fun and excitement and started them both in the Astronaut career. It seemed appropriate :D . They are saving up for a rocketship right now. I might send them into the new park so I can get a feel for it before I create my Jedi and jump into the quest.

But are playable Jedis confirmed yet? I haven't seen any confirmation of new playable occults. Hopefully there will be.

I think aliens will just be updated to have different looks. If this the aliens in this pack are real and not costumes then I'll be happy.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    I'm so excited about this I can't stand it! I've created 2 new sims, sisters (one is my avatar) who want fun and excitement and started them both in the Astronaut career. It seemed appropriate :D . They are saving up for a rocketship right now. I might send them into the new park so I can get a feel for it before I create my Jedi and jump into the quest.

But are playable Jedis confirmed yet? I haven't seen any confirmation of new playable occults. Hopefully there will be.

I haven't seen anything to make me think they're doing playable Jedi.

But a playable Jedi would need the ability to manipulate things at a distance, read minds, command people, and maybe zap people and run really fast. All of those are powers already in the game (Telekinesis = repario and burgliate spells, and maybe the ghost ability to break things; Telepathy = alien or vampire ability to read traits; Mind trick = vampire command power and maybe some emotional manipulation spells; Force lightning = zipzap spell; running fast = vampiric speed) we'd just need a good modder to make them work for a single character type.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited August 2020
    8 Days!!!!!

I hope we get the main star wars theme on a new radio station with the pack
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNMSAIG0dfQ
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

Capture.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited August 2020
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Monday 31 August for me now....I live in the future :D Less hours for me to wait if its a midnight release ;)

Iirc it releases at noon(EST, 10am pst I believe), not midnight for game packs. I remember burning my food because I was buying Strangerville around noon, when it unlocked 😅😅😅
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member

I mean, we can build our own lightsabers. Remember, the lightsaber is specifically the weapon of a Jedi and to build and customize your own implies your Sim can be. Unless they decided to give lightsabers to everyone. Maybe it's a skill.

Gawd, I hope we get more info tomorrow!
    #Team Occult
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Some things are “Day 1”, some things are “ok, that actually works for me” and somethings are just for other players.

Cheers!

Exactly! I'll definitely wait and see for me!

I mean funny story but I got Vampires as a part of a bundle for the console but I didn't play the gameplay part of it until this year when my "story" led me in that direction.

So the other part of it is just how apparent will the gameplay become a part of the world. Most of the time I actually forget about Realm of Magic and spellcasters because it's mostly hidden from view. So we'll see 🌟

• cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I mean, we can build our own lightsabers. Remember, the lightsaber is specifically the weapon of a Jedi and to build and customize your own implies your Sim can be. Unless they decided to give lightsabers to everyone. Maybe it's a skill.

Gawd, I hope we get more info tomorrow!

Yeah. Simguru Frost on twitter says that his name is "Still Redacted Frost". Maybe that means Jedi Master Frost.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Pure speculation on my part but I do not think that we are getting a new occult life state as a jedi. Think that will need mods.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    8 Days!!!!!

I hope we get the main star wars theme on a new radio station with the pack
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNMSAIG0dfQ

I would really like that to @catloverplayer :)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    I think I'm gonna go with the order as the side I pick
    what about you guys?

I'm going to let my three nieces decide. They all live interstate so I havent seen them this year. They all have very restricted access to games and what they can access at home doesn't include the sims, which they all love (possibly more than me). By this time of year I normally would have seen them all at least three times, but since that has not been possible, I have been uploading videos of a few games that we normally play together to Youtube so they can watch. In between videos I take instructions on what I should do next. They absolutely love Star Wars so this is be really exciting for them.

My oldest niece is a huge Boba Fett fan, so I'm sure she will almost certainly go for the scoundrels. The second oldest will be desperate to go with the Resistance. The youngest one I'm not sure of. She would probably favor the Resistance, she might go with the scoundrels to keep her older sister happy, or she might just opt for the First Order to deadlock things. Whichever they choose, the oldest and youngest will want to see all of them (the middle one will probably boycott the First Order videos).
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    Pure speculation on my part but I do not think that we are getting a new occult life state as a jedi. Think that will need mods.

I tend to think so too. If that was a feature of the pack, I would have thought they would be highlighting it in the key features.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member

I'd like this. Then my vampires and aliens can still learn to use a lightsabre.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    coogee78 wrote: »
    what about you guys?

I'm going to let my three nieces decide. They all live interstate so I havent seen them this year. They all have very restricted access to games and what they can access at home doesn't include the sims, which they all love (possibly more than me). By this time of year I normally would have seen them all at least three times, but since that has not been possible, I have been uploading videos of a few games that we normally play together to Youtube so they can watch. In between videos I take instructions on what I should do next. They absolutely love Star Wars so this is be really exciting for them.

My oldest niece is a huge Boba Fett fan, so I'm sure she will almost certainly go for the scoundrels. The second oldest will be desperate to go with the Resistance. The youngest one I'm not sure of. She would probably favor the Resistance, she might go with the scoundrels to keep her older sister happy, or she might just opt for the First Order to deadlock things. Whichever they choose, the oldest and youngest will want to see all of them (the middle one will probably boycott the First Order videos).

Aww <3

"I have been uploading videos of a few games that we normally play together to Youtube so they can watch. In between videos I take instructions on what I should do next"

You do little family-Let's Plays. Love that you are getting instructions on what to do next. Hope that all of you will have fun with Batuu together :)
    coogee78 wrote: »
    what about you guys?

I hope you get to see each other soon @coogee78 I know your gonna let them pick but if you pick what would you want
    do you favor one side over the others
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited August 2020

Same. I’d rather it not be an occult life state, but part of a ranking system or skill. All the occults we have already use ‘The Force’ in one way or another so being able to give them a rank on the Light Side or Dark Side could be more interesting. In my opinion.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member

I hope so, but even if not I'll just have to pretend. Anyway, I'll at least have a lightsaber!! B)
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Same. I’d rather it not be an occult life state, but part of a ranking system or skill. All the occults we have already use ‘The Force’ in one way or another so being able to give them a rank on the Light Side or Dark Side could be more interesting. In my opinion.

Couldn’t we already do this? We have the reputation system - Good and Bad.

Sims with a good reputation get along better with each other and Sims with a bad reputation build relationships faster. Just an idea for a mechanic already in the game.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2020
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I feel like this is gonna be the one pack I might pass on completely. I don't care about star wars it's not the pack I'm looking for.

I'm happy for everyone who is happy and excited about it tho! 😋

well to each there own any way there is hope we might get a family pack for sims 4
    would that be something you would like I want one @Bearpal64

Yes! Definitely I want more family stuff especially those poor toddlers-teens. They are so overlooked it's criminal.

Just to reiterate definitely happy for the star wars fans! I mean the idea of it is definitely something surprising and exciting sounding but not exactly something I need in my gameplay. :)

I definitely think it's coming! They gave us big up front hints in nifty knitting of a winter pack a school pack and a toddler riding a tricycle! Amd I think a baby playing with a dog. Exciting

😃 I'm 50/50 excited for this. I pretty much only play various apocalyptic storylines so I have to figure out how to make this work. I wish this was the walking dead crossover and when somebody mentioned the walking dead during count down I almost had a heart attack 😂😂😂 but it was not meant to be for this game lol

There are many things I'm looking foward to in this pack and I'm buying on release! So glad we don't have to wait long!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

same
    edited September 2020
    7 Days!!!!

1 Week!!!!
    oh only one week left then who knows how long we'll have to wait for another count down thread :/
    oh only one week left then who knows how long we'll have to wait for another count down thread :/

Not long cause EP 10 comes in November so just one and a half to 2 months.
  • starberrykissxstarberrykissx Posts: 748 Member
    hopeful there be bounty hunters outfit cus im watching Mandalorian and i want the Mandalorian outfits but im still getting it !
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I can't believe it's only one week away! Hopefully time will go fast!
    #Team Occult