Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited August 2020
    Here's a sample of EA's dev team:

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

Paralives is happening and I'm on it. Here's hoping EA doesn't buy them out once they're a huge hit.

There race, or gender does not matter.Has nothing to so with this pack being released.Also your looking at ea developing team.Not the sims developing team.

The sims Dev team comprises the same ratio of men to women.

But this goes beyond gender differences. It’s more about passion (as I said in my first point.)

We don’t want a first person shooter game. We want families and realistic emotional gameplay.

They don’t care.

We want more romantic animations. (And more animations in general).

They don’t care.

We want farming communities.

They don’t care.

We’ve wanted real babies and preteens for SIX YEARS!

They don’t care.

Paralives DOES care. The devs comprise men and women. It’s not gender. It’s passion. As the first devs of sims 1 cared.

RIP Sims. You’ve sold out.

Not to defend them,but they were never going to get us pre-teens.We have children

But it's something a significant number of Simmers wanted.
    Which is their point.

I disagree that most people want pre-teens .

“A significant number of” =/= “most”

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

Paralives is happening and I'm on it. Here's hoping EA doesn't buy them out once they're a huge hit.

There race, or gender does not matter.Has nothing to so with this pack being released.Also your looking at ea developing team.Not the sims developing team.

But this goes beyond gender differences. It’s more about passion (as I said in my first point.)

We don’t want a first person shooter game. We want families and realistic emotional gameplay.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

Paralives DOES care. The devs comprise men and women. It’s not gender. It’s passion. As the first devs of sims 1 cared.

Not to defend them,but they were never going to get us pre-teens.We have children

Pre-teens are NOT children?!? The heck?

They are older children, but are still children.

I would like to have pre-teens.
    My teen sims look like they have already experienced all of teen life the very day they turn from child to teen and are ready to pack up and head into the young adult world, or pack up for Uni.

They need to either overhaul teens, or add pre-teens.
    Pre-teens in a Generations pack would be perfect. They can add game play for a first child/middle child/third child social dynamic.
    Each stage can have their special game play focus. The child stage would be about play and discovery. The pre-teens about friends, interests, and their personality taking shape. And teens about love relationships, maturity, and preparing to strike out on their own.

Ooh, it would be nice to add Sims 2 styled interests to game play.
    Bring back those magazines.

Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

Which is their point.

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

Teens are also older children.

Yes but a teenager is a big difference from a kid.I would rather see them developed kids.Kids are more closer to pre teens than teenagers.If they have it sims 5 great .But I do not ever see them add a life state that was never in the main PC games in the first place.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

Which is their point.

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

Yes but a teenager is a big difference from a kid.I would rather see them developed kids.Kids are more closer to pre teens than teenagers.If they have it sims 5 great .But I do not ever see them add a life state that was never in the main PC games in the first place.

I never thought they would remove a life stage that was in the main PC game but they did that. Twice depending on what your feelings on infants are (in 2 and 3 they weren’t part of the crib).
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

Which is their point.

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

I never thought they would remove a life stage that was in the main PC game but they did that. Twice depending on what your feelings on infants are (in 2 and 3 they weren’t part of the crib).

Yes, but the add toddlers back.Which are really little kids.I think the problem is we need better kids, and teens.
  • JocesimerJocesimer Posts: 4 New Member
    Ive been playing sims since 2005 I started when I was 6 ive always loved the game fhat being said.. I was hugely disappointed when nifty knotty came but I thought hey its a communicate pack I didn't vote but other people did wo I have no right to comapin but this?! I'm outraged, furious, enraged, any negative word associating with anger and disappointment im that! I don't like starters ive neber watched rhe movies and have never had any intrest to so slowly seeing he word be infiltrated by it sucks it sucks even more when my favorite game in my lifetime has been corrupted by it. It would be different if people wanted and voted for this then I'd understand id say you know what it is what it is but thw fact of the matter is that it WASNT it was the least voted pack intact im pretty sure the only reason they even put it up to a vote was cause they were wxpectu g people to like it cause they were already working on it. This is a huge fail for sims and honestly what might make me come off it ive been playing every week since I can remain and I havent even touched it this week I cant im so angry. The sims team needs to get their priorities straight sure disney is paying them a heafty load for this game but WE are the ones that determine its success and WE need to have our request fulfilled before they being in some crap we don't care about. Where are our black skin tomes that aren't ashy or red? Justice for bonehilda? Sims 3 generations stuff in the sims 4 would F#CKIN HIT!! Let's be honest thats what we've been really wanting even if you aren't a family sims player you still want to be able to take your baby/toddler on strollers, vunk beds, tree house, nanny career!! Also let's address how it "inst possible" to have a color wheel for the sims but we can for our pets?? The code is already in the game guys just expand it usage!!
    If we wanted a star wars game I would've gone out and bought one
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Jocesimer wrote: »
    Ive been playing sims since 2005 I started when I was 6 ive always loved the game fhat being said.. I was hugely disappointed when nifty knotty came but I thought hey its a communicate pack I didn't vote but other people did wo I have no right to comapin but this?! I'm outraged, furious, enraged, any negative word associating with anger and disappointment im that! I don't like starters ive neber watched rhe movies and have never had any intrest to so slowly seeing he word be infiltrated by it sucks it sucks even more when my favorite game in my lifetime has been corrupted by it. It would be different if people wanted and voted for this then I'd understand id say you know what it is what it is but thw fact of the matter is that it WASNT it was the least voted pack intact im pretty sure the only reason they even put it up to a vote was cause they were wxpectu g people to like it cause they were already working on it. This is a huge fail for sims and honestly what might make me come off it ive been playing every week since I can remain and I havent even touched it this week I cant im so angry. The sims team needs to get their priorities straight sure disney is paying them a heafty load for this game but WE are the ones that determine its success and WE need to have our request fulfilled before they being in some 🌺🌺🌺🌺 we don't care about. Where are our black skin tomes that aren't ashy or red? Justice for bonehilda? Sims 3 generations stuff in the sims 4 would F#CKIN HIT!! Let's be honest thats what we've been really wanting even if you aren't a family sims player you still want to be able to take your baby/toddler on strollers, vunk beds, tree house, nanny career!! Also let's address how it "inst possible" to have a color wheel for the sims but we can for our pets?? The code is already in the game guys just expand it usage!!

Text block. Oof. x_o
    [quote="SimQueenie9;c-17635820"][quote="Jocesimer;c-17635812"]Ive been playing sims since 2005 I started when I was 6 ive always loved the game fhat being said.. I was hugely disappointed when nifty knotty came but I thought hey its a communicate pack I didn't vote but other people did wo I have no right to comapin but this?! I'm outraged, furious, enraged, any negative word associating with anger and disappointment im that! I don't like starters ive neber watched rhe movies and have never had any intrest to so slowly seeing he word be infiltrated by it sucks it sucks even more when my favorite game in my lifetime has been corrupted by it. It would be different if people wanted and voted for this then I'd understand id say you know what it is what it is but thw fact of the matter is that it WASNT it was the least voted pack intact im pretty sure the only reason they even put it up to a vote was cause they were wxpectu g people to like it cause they were already working on it. This is a huge fail for sims and honestly what might make me come off it ive been playing every week since I can remain and I havent even touched it this week I cant im so angry. The sims team needs to get their priorities straight sure disney is paying them a heafty load for this game but WE are the ones that determine its success and WE need to have our request fulfilled before they being in some 🌺🌺🌺🌺 we don't care about. Where are our black skin tomes that aren't ashy or red? Justice for bonehilda? Sims 3 generations stuff in the sims 4 would F#CKIN HIT!! Let's be honest thats what we've been really wanting even if you aren't a family sims player you still want to be able to take your baby/toddler on strollers, vunk beds, tree house, nanny career!! Also let's address how it "inst possible" to have a color wheel for the sims but we can for our pets?? The code is already in the game guys just expand it usage!![/quote]

Text block. Oof. x_o[/quote]

Its my first time on the forum im rambling cause I'm upset 😡 sorry for how I've written
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

This.

A lot of their explanations haven't been making sense for a while and often times they contradict themselves but a lot of people tend to overlook it and if you don't, well 'try to be positive', 'be grateful they even made it', or 'just don't buy it then' but none of that makes it make sense. It doesn't stop nonsensical and contradictory reasons from existing. Then when the Sims team inevitably proves the more negative simmers point people still defend them and even make excuses on their behalf. It happened with lounge chairs.

Lounge chairs are the perfect example. Oh, the excuses...then the final product. Without pose mods, the loungers aren't even good for screenshots. The Sims are all stiff as boards and catatonic and they can't lean back and truly relax because the chairs have no headrests. What the ever living heck?

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

This.

A lot of their explanations haven't been making sense for a while and often times they contradict themselves but a lot of people tend to overlook it and if you don't, well 'try to be positive', 'be grateful they even made it', or 'just don't buy it then' but none of that makes it make sense. It doesn't stop nonsensical and contradictory reasons from existing. Then when the Sims team inevitably proves the more negative simmers point people still defend them and even make excuses on their behalf. It happened with lounge chairs.

Lounge chairs are the perfect example. Oh, the excuses...then the final product. Without pose mods, the loungers aren't even good for screenshots. The Sims are all stiff as boards and catatonic and they can't lean back and truly relax because the chairs have no headrests. What the ever living heck?

I hate the excuses......like...just tell us the truth. And don't make stupid excuses, like with the dog houses "who has dog houses anymore? Their abusive." HA right, instead of making that bull and just say you were too lazy or did't wanna make them.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Jocesimer wrote: »
    If we wanted a star wars game I would've gone out and bought one

Yup. They're all over the place. So common that one was even advertised right before they got this unfortunate Game Pack. And, of course, developed by none other than EA.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member

I hate the excuses......like...just tell us the truth. And don't make stupid excuses, like with the dog houses "who has dog houses anymore? Their abusive." HA right, instead of making that bull and just say you were too lazy or did't wanna make them.

I'd rather they just be honest from the get go and I understand things may change but just say that. The problem becomes bigger than just this feature or that objects when they don't properly communicate or explain then lie and contradict themselves. Just be honest. But depending on what it is, it makes some of their previous statements look bad because they weren't completely honest. Remember this:
    when The Sims 4 Base Game launches in September, you should know that we’re building an incredibly strong foundation that is capable of fulfilling every one of your desires in the years to come.

That was in June of 2014 and look where we are now 6 years later. Now whether or not ones desires have been fulfilled for the years that have came and went is up to each individual, but the fact that a lot of the same complaints that existed in September of 2014 still exist today says a lot. Then what says even more is that more people, including their game changers, are now noting some of the same issues. It's not about 'I want X give it to me now', it's that this game still feels off and even empty to some even after all this time and with each release where that emptiness isn't being addressed anger and frustration builds.

They say they listen but they put all this time and attention into a Star Wars pack when there's a list of things that for nearly 6 years that players have been asking they put their time and attention towards. They may not be Disney but they're paying customers who were still willing to buy and believe in The Sims and that one day those things would be addressed. Of course Disney has much larger pockets than their paying customers.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    @ApparentlyAwesome I agree 100%
    Honestly it’s the reused animations that upset me the most, I just spent two days playing TS3 and it makes it so obvious. I’m not looking for any specific pack at this point (although the community has come up with so many good ideas), I just want the game to feel alive. The Sims look the same no matter what they are doing, and it limits anything that could be added in the future. Why even ask for or want anything “new”, it’s all going to look the same in the end. So many here seemed disappointed at not getting happy haunts, but all I could think of was that they would just repackage animations we have (ex: Sim Ray, grim with the tablet, dazed moods etc).
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    If EA are going down this path, why not have a Jurassic Park/World pack?

It could be a vacation world

😊

I would buy that in a heartbeat.

I'd rather they just be honest from the get go and I understand things may change but just say that. The problem becomes bigger than just this feature or that objects when they don't properly communicate or explain then lie and contradict themselves. Just be honest. But depending on what it is, it makes some of their previous statements look bad because they weren't completely honest. Remember this:
    when The Sims 4 Base Game launches in September, you should know that we’re building an incredibly strong foundation that is capable of fulfilling every one of your desires in the years to come.

That was in June of 2014 and look where we are now 6 years later. Now whether or not ones desires have been fulfilled for the years that have came and went is up to each individual, but the fact that a lot of the same complaints that existed in September of 2014 still exist today says a lot. Then what says even more is that more people, including their game changers, are now noting some of the same issues. It's not about 'I want X give it to me now', it's that this game still feels off and even empty to some even after all this time and with each release where that emptiness isn't being addressed anger and frustration builds.

They say they listen but they put all this time and attention into a Star Wars pack when there's a list of things that for nearly 6 years that players have been asking they put their time and attention towards. They may not be Disney but they're paying customers who were still willing to buy and believe in The Sims and that one day those things would be addressed. Of course Disney has much larger pockets than their paying customers.

Yes I agree I would much rather them being honest instead of making excuses I totally agree.
    I just wonder why they made this choice...Disney is flowing with cash surely they didn't come to the sims team...I think EA came to them....are they so deep in the hole that they need a big company to cash in?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Exactly what I was thinking. This"team", regardless of their race/colour/ what have you.....just continues to put out a very poor product. I don't think 4 will ever be "fixed" bc they don't see the problem with it. Their parameters were set when they came up with the fake emotions schtick and they are sticking to it.

According to SimGuruNinja, "When asked about why Sims 3 and 4 haven't exactly had the same fleshed out story lines as we had in Sims 2, Dave told Heart: "We tried to give a bit more of a minimalistic approach here, more of an empty palette for players to do what they want."

https://www.heart.co.uk/lifestyle/ea-dave-miotke-the-sims-5-rumours-open-worlds/

That's the excuse they're using *rolls eyes*
    I think the questions and surveys they put out regarding the sims themselves and relationships, wants, desires, like/dislikes....attractions etc was all for S5...not for 4.

I think the exact same thing, I've said that on a few other threads, I think they're data mining.

• KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    I’m going to be absolutely shocked if the new aliens aren’t just costumes and makeup like the SW costumes we have already. I’ve seen quite a few people who are excited for this are excited about new playable alien life states and gameplay, I’m a little concerned that a lot of people may be setting themselves up for disappointment.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

Which is their point.

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

My teen sims look like they have already experienced all of teen life the very day they turn from child to teen and are ready to pack up and head into the young adult world, or pack up for Uni.

Pre-teens in a Generations pack would be perfect. They can add game play for a first child/middle child/third child social dynamic.
    Each stage can have their special game play focus. The child stage would be about play and discovery. The pre-teens about friends, interests, and their personality taking shape. And teens about love relationships, maturity, and preparing to strike out on their own.

Pre-teens are a definite necessity.
    It’s super creepy how TS4 tries to age up kids into drop dead gorgeous babes. Like omg I always have to purposely CAS out the hot. It’s gross, EA.

• SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

Which is their point.

8RjPKxU.png

Nuff said.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

They don’t care.

Pre-teens are a definite necessity.
    It’s super creepy how TS4 tries to age up kids into drop dead gorgeous babes. Like omg I always have to purposely CAS out the hot. It’s gross, EA.

It's definitely rather strange to see them go from ~10 to ~16.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2020
    YongYea made a video about this pack as well. He usually covers other gaming news (mostly gaming news that involve a bit of drama) but I guess this really caught the attention of more people this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPPm9zlrJAw
    edited August 2020
    logion wrote: »
    YongYea made a video about this pack as well. He usually covers other gaming news (mostly gaming news that involve a bit of drama) but I guess this really caught the attention of more people this time.

That opening statement is 100% ON POINT <3.

Also there is gonna be people that come and tear this guy down and defend EA .... This guy makes SO many good points.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited August 2020
    Komura wrote: »
    I’m going to be absolutely shocked if the new aliens aren’t just costumes and makeup like the SW costumes we have already. I’ve seen quite a few people who are excited for this are excited about new playable alien life states and gameplay, I’m a little concerned that a lot of people may be setting themselves up for disappointment.

This was my exact thought.
    I mean, why would they suddenly expand on aliens just for this gamepack, but ignore skintones and hair styles for all other "regular" Sims? It wouldn't make sense.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited August 2020
    logion wrote: »

That opening statement is 100% ON POINT <3.

Also there is gonna be people that come and tear this guy down and defend EA .... This guy makes SO many good points.

This guy speaks the truth
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    edited August 2020
    I am shocked they are making this kind of GAMEPACK. I assumed this was a joke....
    where are the things people have been asking for like bunk beds?? imaginary friends?? attraction system? more vacation worlds?? what about the farming game pack??? what is going on? Star Wars? Do they know who their audience is?
    Post edited by Keks_Milch on