Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think the sims is better on PC or Console?

simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
Edit: Some of you seem to be confused by my question. So I will reiterate it. Do you enjoy playing the sims on PC or Console?
Yes Means yes
No means no
Other means both

Ps. This is my first time doing a “poll”.
Post edited by simlicious2015 on

Do you think the sims is better on PC or Console? 38 votes

Yes
84%
icmnfrshfififoofoo2123alexspoom13mcruddcchant86alanmichael1ladybreidmy1helopilotLustianiciaAquariusMomBabykittyjadejlapaoTrowiciaSajahibenson2006texxx78BMSOSo_MoneyEnkiSchmidtFlyingPotato659 32 votes
No
0%
Other
15%
IObelleFlapMareahAdmiral8QSthenastiaDogAnCat47 6 votes

Comments

• simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    I personally think it’s better on PC. I don’t like the whole challenge thing that the console offers. And I hate that I can’t speed up my game the way I want 😅
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    PC 100%. Couldn't play without CC and mods :s
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited August 2020
    Not sure what I'll say yes or no to, so I'll pass on the vote. xD I do think it's better on PC, though. Easier to control with mouse and keyboard. I haven't tried any of the regular Sims games on a console, but I had Bustin' Out on PS2 once, and the controls killed it for me.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    For me it's PC -- like @Onverser I need my mods.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes
    PC version will always be superior. o:)

My Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra

RAM: 16GB

GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 Ti
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,021 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes
    The PC lets you use some wicked mods.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    PC- I love my CC and mods.
    I don't have a gaming console.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Even if we were to ignore the fact that you can't use CC and Mods on the console version, the controls on the console version are absolutely horrendous. The controls on console are an abomination to gaming. The game is largely unplayable on console for me. I heard the controls have gotten better so I opened up the game for myself and the issues still remain. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Aka, the PC version is better.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I've never played it on a console but I still know it's way better played on a PC.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Yes
    I have only ever played via PC. My teen did get it when it launched on console, but she returned it due to issues with the original controls. While the keyboard and mouse is now available, it was not originally. If we want to play it via the big screen TV, we just plug our computer into that.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Yes
    No mods on console so kind of an easy choice here.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Yes
    PC is so much better since you can use mods without destroying your console.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    PC. Mods mods mods mods mods!!!
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited August 2020
    I would say if cc and mods didn't exist the game would be exactly the same
    Console has keyboard and mouse support aswell, I guess it all comes down too if you want cc or not

Edit: nice PC specs, it wasnt necessary too tell us 😂, they made a version for console, you just wanted too flaunt your specs ae ? 😂😂 I'm joking @Colton147147
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Well, I can't answer yes or no, but I can say that I have never played it on console and I never will. I need mods to fix things and also need MCCC just to, well, play.
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    Yes
    Minus mods each pack is 1 to 12 hours of play with mods? Well given a new mod comes out all the time and adds so much. I would not play console only sims. No mod=The Sims 4 being a very bad game.
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    PC just for the single point of mods at this stage.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    PC, I dont like the controls for any games on the Console, not in a long time. I prefer PC games, even without mods or CC
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes
    Simulation games were never designed for console... that's a simple fact. Using a mouse for easy access to building tools is crucial for a simulation game. How console players can even tolerate playing them on anything but a PC is beyond me! Even Sims games that were specifically designed for console (like Urbz and Bustin Out) were frustrating to control.

It's not even just The Sims either... more complex games like Cities Skylines and Planet Coaster simply don't belong on console! The simple thought of even trying to use a controller for all the tools and gameplay makes me frustrated. Like I said, I honestly have no idea what console players do to calm themselves from the presumptive frustrations.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Better on PC.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited August 2020
    PC for sure! You can't have mods or CC on a console I don't believe. I've haven't played on a console in years, and that was TS2 and I hated it because I don't like trying to build with a controller.
    Yes
    I’ll say this: if TS4 on console had full modding capabilities (which it never will) and if I didn’t have to reinvest in everything, I would consider it. It’s hard to beat the comfort and big-screen of console gaming.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Yes
    So_Money wrote: »
    I’ll say this: if TS4 on console had full modding capabilities (which it never will) and if I didn’t have to reinvest in everything, I would consider it. It’s hard to beat the comfort and big-screen of console gaming.

I can get that same comfort. I have occasionally connected our computer to the tv. I can then use a keyboard and mouse on the couch.
    edited August 2020
    Yes
    So_Money wrote: »

I can get that same comfort. I have occasionally connected our computer to the tv. I can then use a keyboard and mouse on the couch.
    Yeah, but depending on your home’s layout it isn’t always an ideal setup.

Translation: my wife won’t let me hook up my desktop in the living room. 🙁 😂
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    You can’t use ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer for an “or” type of question😂😂
    Regardless I’ve played on console TS3, and that this was so horrible compared to Pc. There was. A limit to the amount of items you could place in your lot because of a “fire hazard”. For TS4 I would say P.C. cause you can use mods or cc