Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I've been seeing recently that some people don't mind occults but don't want them spread into other worlds.

I would LOVE that if they do. I want a mixture of people walking around. I don't like seeing aliens in disguises. I want to see vampires, aliens, spellcasters and werewolves walking around being themselves even if they are doing evil deeds. And I'm mostly like 90% a realistic player but I want a variety of different sims like more occults. It pains me that I have to go to their worlds to see sims practicing magic or etc.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    My First Pet is an absolutely delightful pack. Hamsters for everyone.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    The scientist career from GTW is so underrated. It's one of my favorites, I love to go in and tinker and chat with the robot and invent stuff and give people my tainted serums.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm not mad at the Star Wars game pack. I was disappointed, but I got over it already. I understand that I can't always get what I want. When the pack will be released I'm going to watch some gameplay videos and if I like them I will buy it, if I don't like it I will pass. No big deal, I'm having a lot of fun with the content that we already have. :)
  • stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    I'm excited to play the new Star Wars game pack. It is sad that a lot of simmers are bummed about it and I hope the next pack will appeal to them.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I dislike the direction the sims is going .
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,835 Member
    Unpopular opinion. I'm stoked for Star Wars Journey To Batuu! 🤖
    Burglars aren’t ‘scary’ and not including them in the base game after they’ve been a staple in every series since TS1 base game is lazy, plain and simple. There’s no defending it, this is a game for teenagers and adults, if they find a burglar with silly music scary they need to go play Hello Kitty Island Adventure. That was a cop out if I’ve ever heard of one. Too scary my butt.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    I wish everyone would only put one opinion :D so I can vote. Its hard when you don't agree with all of them.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited September 2020
    Komura wrote: »
    Burglars aren’t ‘scary’ and not including them in the base game after they’ve been a staple in every series since TS1 base game is lazy, plain and simple. There’s no defending it, this is a game for teenagers and adults, if they find a burglar with silly music scary they need to go play Hello Kitty Island Adventure. That was a cop out if I’ve ever heard of one. Too scary my butt.

But what's the difference between burglars and the "Sharing is Caring" is what I don't get? I mean sims break into your house and steal your stuff, isn't that essentially the same thing without the black mask and the B&W Striped shirt? But these sims don't get into trouble? What kind of message is that sending to young, impressionable kids? That it's ok to take things that aren't yours?
    edited September 2020

But what's the difference between burglars and the "Sharing is Caring" is what I don't get? I mean sims break into your house and steal your stuff, isn't that essentially the same thing without the black mask and the B&W Striped shirt? But these sims don't get into trouble? What kind of message is that sending to young, impressionable kids? That it's ok to take things that aren't yours?

I always thought sharing is caring was a communism joke comrade. I don’t see it at all as being like burglars at all, So I disagree wholeheartedly, it’s not the same at all to me. There’s no police, no option to fight them off, no spooky music that invoked terror into the hearts of children, and most importantly it’s not fun.

Also this game is geared towards teenagers and adults, at least it used to be. I’m seeing this game going in a childish direction, so yeah you’re right how dare they put this in a child’s game.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    The Star Wars GP looks awesome and I'm happy that it's happening.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

When I first loaded TS3, I had no idea burglars existed. My sim slept as a burglar broke in(his first night) and had no idea I could cancel him sleeping. I instead had in queue to call the police and he called in the morning after the burglar had long been gone and I ended up getting in trouble and I think billed(?) I don’t remember too well for wasting police time. That experience was hilarious and amazing. Wish I told have that in TS4
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I couldn't care less about free babies. If they ever get implemented I'll be seeing how quickly I can get them taken away from being left in the snow.
    I don't care about cars either. We don't have open world and I really don't need to see my sims trying to drive their car in their uni dorm.
    What even is a preteen? I know them as children and we have them already.
    All occult types should be able to kill other sims.
    I need more occults and they need to cater to occult players, with a total toggle so I can have gloriously occult infected worlds.

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I love the idea of Star Wars in Sims 4. It do goes with my futuristic game save. I'm still hoping for my Werewolves so I can have Chewie in my game. Also, still need a proper Werewolf for my
    Beauty & the Beast household.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about free babies. If they ever get implemented I'll be seeing how quickly I can get them taken away from being left in the snow.
    I don't care about cars either. We don't have open world and I really don't need to see my sims trying to drive their car in their uni dorm.
    What even is a preteen? I know them as children and we have them already.
    All occult types should be able to kill other sims.
    I need more occults and they need to cater to occult players, with a total toggle so I can have gloriously occult infected worlds.

I definitely agree that occult’s should have the ability to kill other sims. That would make them feel much more fleshed out
    I don't get the point of werewolves. I'm an occult player but I really really don't understand the werewolf attraction. In modern lore or in older mythology. They're just hairy dog people who try to eat other people?? Idk man like no hate if that's a supernatural you want in the game I just don't get the appeal
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    I don't get the point of werewolves. I'm an occult player but I really really don't understand the werewolf attraction. In modern lore or in older mythology. They're just hairy dog people who try to eat other people?? Idk man like no hate if that's a supernatural you want in the game I just don't get the appeal

:) For me it's because my vampires need an enemy. Spellcasters just don't do it in that regard!
    CelSims wrote: »
    luxsylvan wrote: »

:) For me it's because my vampires need an enemy. Spellcasters just don't do it in that regard!

This is a good idea! I use warring vampire cults. Regular humans are just bait, those poor suckers haha

Keeping it on topic--I don't mind that height isn't part of CAS, I forget about it anyway. When I think about it, I think we should have it at this point and want it for the people who would be super excited. But tbh if it never happened I wouldn't care for my game, it's not top of the list for me.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Some updated ones:

- I'm excited for the star wars pack and have zero issue with brand collaborations or crossovers, if it means fun new gameplay I'm all for it.

- A classic but cars would (still) be useless in a closed world

- I don't care for babies, but I think that's a popular one now. I'd like to be have options of where to put them other than just the bassinet though (atleast give us a crib??) but that's about it.

- I don't want an attraction system, at all. I like how we have the freedom to choose.

- Despite its faults, Sims 4 is the edition I get the most fun out of. :)

This. ^^^ Thanks for making the post, now I don't have to type that much. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Besides the linear mission storyline, Strangerville is actually one of my favorite packs. I loved the excitement that the mission gave, and the eeriness as the story progresses (if you play it at all) is my favorite.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    - I feel like if we had more toggles in the game it many of us would be more satisfied with certain changes.

What I mean is that if we had difficulty sliders, sliders for occults like sims 3 so then we can have them roam all worlds or not exist at all even if some of use brought the pack for CAS or BB.
    An on and off toggle for attraction or for what age-types should be in the world. There are just not a lot of options so this game feels samey(?) to me.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited September 2020
    Very unpopular one but I prefer sims 4 over sims 1. Sims 1 was too difficult at times to play and sims 4 offers me that nice easy gameplay. Also I could never get into the gameplay of sims 2 either and hated playing it. Although this is popular sims 3 was great just too much lag.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top