Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

September Patch Speculation 2020 (Out Now)

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    James Turner said if you zoom in on the icon close enough it shows cars and bunkbeds on top.

Others have confirmed its a joke, CLP. I remember seeing that and also zooming in and nothing
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited August 2020
    James Turner said if you zoom in on the icon close enough it shows cars and bunkbeds on top.

Others have confirmed its a joke, CLP. I remember seeing that and also zooming in and nothing

haha okay, I wasn't the only one not getting it :D
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    SimGuruFrost changed his display name on Twitter to STILL REDACTED GuruFrost. So whatever that is about isn’t the gamepack (or at least not something we know yet about the gamepack).

Maybe he got such a shock from all the backlash, he forgot to change it...or maybe refuses to change it...

A little bit off-topic, but: Is Simguru Frost a real person or an avatar for the marketing department? Has anybody ever seen/heard him/her? I searched on Google but found nothing.

Pretty sure Frost works remotely from EA Vancouver in Canada, while previous community managers like Drake and Kate worked at EA’s headquarters in Redwood Shores, the same place as The Sims Team. I’m surprised that they didn’t replace him as there was a job posting months ago for a new global community manager.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    SimGuruFrost changed his display name on Twitter to STILL REDACTED GuruFrost. So whatever that is about isn’t the gamepack (or at least not something we know yet about the gamepack).

Maybe he got such a shock from all the backlash, he forgot to change it...or maybe refuses to change it...

A little bit off-topic, but: Is Simguru Frost a real person or an avatar for the marketing department? Has anybody ever seen/heard him/her? I searched on Google but found nothing.

Pretty sure Frost works remotely from EA Vancouver in Canada, while previous community managers like Drake and Kate worked at EA’s headquarters in Redwood Shores, the same place as The Sims Team. I’m surprised that they didn’t replace him as there was a job posting months ago for a new global community manager.

His tweets are nice & funny, but I find it strange that the community manager who is the speaker for the franchise only shows a toddler avatar. On the other hand perhaps this fits quite well with TS4.
  • KimbacupcakeKimbacupcake Posts: 6 New Member
    [quote="Netzspannung;c-17627574"]Just to be random I'm gonna say body hair. It's not a must-have for me, but whether the new GP will be based on Star Wars or winter-themed, let's see some Sims who can compete with Chewbacca/the Yeti![/quote]

Exactly!!! How can I accurately portray my Puerto Rican husband with all his chest and back hair lmao! I’m always up for any build bug fixes and please god can they add the sims 3 camera to console builds. It is so annoying and the camera always moves.
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    I want a pair of gender neutral pants for all age groups so I can make matching outfits for my whole family. I have wanted these for ages. We've got multiple t-shirts but no trousers. Where is the logic in it.

Ooops, that doesn't answer the question. I think we will get some fullbody outfits. And maybe some recipes.

Omg so I’m from the UK (not sure where you’re from) and when I saw you comment I was really confused thinking you meant pants like underwear🤣🤣🤣
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    I just want something to improve babies, I doubt it though because they don’t really link to the pack. HOWEVER, On the contrary, with all the hate from the pack, updating babies will certainly bring some love back
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    It would be really cool if we had new build mode updates, but I'm more expecting a decor item or two.

I wonder if this will be the patch to fix skin tones, or of it's too soon for that? I hope it's something they address by the end of this year.

I know its extremely unlikely, but more genetics stuff would be so, so welcome. If they added more skin tones how cool would it be if they added vitiligo??! At the moment I have cc for that. Or more freckles that cover the whole body? Body hair? Heterochromia? ...there is so much they could add. Seeing all the varied aliens (which is kind of cool) is making me hope for more human customisation as well.

Tbh I think the aliens are just masks...
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    rinre33 wrote: »
    It would be really cool if we had new build mode updates, but I'm more expecting a decor item or two.

I wonder if this will be the patch to fix skin tones, or of it's too soon for that? I hope it's something they address by the end of this year.

I know its extremely unlikely, but more genetics stuff would be so, so welcome. If they added more skin tones how cool would it be if they added vitiligo??! At the moment I have cc for that. Or more freckles that cover the whole body? Body hair? Heterochromia? ...there is so much they could add. Seeing all the varied aliens (which is kind of cool) is making me hope for more human customisation as well.

Tbh I think the aliens are just masks...

Yeah it's very likely, but I've seen some people point out that their mouth moves/they have expressions which I don't think happens with costumes? Might just be that they're interesting looking npc's but who knows... I won't hold my breath but more customisation would be welcome
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I forgot in September of last year we got an End Of Summer Update with some outdoor stuff. Prehaps they'll do the same this year with more pool items. I hope so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAp4t1TiZGo&t=2s

That update was awesome. It was so good for buildmode to get those adjustable stairs!

Hmm... I expect a few bug-fixes at least. Hopefully those that I have mods for :)
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Minor bug fixes. That'll be all.
  • mspr1ntmspr1nt Posts: 51 Member
    I want a pair of gender neutral pants for all age groups so I can make matching outfits for my whole family. I have wanted these for ages. We've got multiple t-shirts but no trousers. Where is the logic in it.

Ooops, that doesn't answer the question. I think we will get some fullbody outfits. And maybe some recipes.

Omg so I’m from the UK (not sure where you’re from) and when I saw you comment I was really confused thinking you meant pants like underwear🤣🤣🤣

This is so funny. I am South African and married to a Yorkshireman, the pants thing meaning underpants still gets me every time. Has led to a few very awkward conversations.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Chaton wrote: »
    The "still redacted" makes me think it's something big. I hope it's babies, but that wouldn't make much sense with a SW pack. More likely, cars. That would be cool.
    Or it might just be windows + bunk beds, which would be nice, but not "huge", in my opinion.
    I suspect they were anticipating the backlash following the SW pack. The gurus knew that it wouldn't be very well received by the majority. So my guess is they worked on a crowd-pleaser free update at the same time, to calm the masses. At least I hope they did. It would be a smart move.

Toddlers did not really match vampires but they came with the vampire patch. So any combination is possible.

Anyway I think cars are a bit more likely. It feels more in line with the younger audience they want to attract. I am not convinced we will ever get free babies in sims 4. But maybe it will just be a few casand BB assets. I stopped expecting much from patches.
  • Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    Hopefully better skin tones
    Angie1301 wrote: »

Didn’t they just recently announce they’ll fix it though? I really doubt they’ll finish that in weeks. It’ll be good if they push that out this week, shows they actually care about that enough to work faster on it. But that’ll probably come next patch if not this one
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

Didn’t they just recently announce they’ll fix it though? I really doubt they’ll finish that in weeks. It’ll be good if they push that out this week, shows they actually care about that enough to work faster on it. But that’ll probably come next patch if not this one

Working faster on skin tones just to get them out there is not going to benefit anyone. I hope they take their time and make sure the darker skins don’t look blotchy. They’ll be available in fall, which is soon enough.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    edited August 2020
    I guess that skin tones and bunk beds is likely. Since we have ladders it would be logical to implement bunk beds. Cars?! I can not see them work very well, in the different worlds. Bicycles work because they do not depend on roads to get by...but cars, my Sim get into it and then a loading screen?!

Working faster on skin tones just to get them out there is not going to benefit anyone. I hope they take their time and make sure the darker skins don’t look blotchy. They’ll be available in fall, which is soon enough.

Needless to say I meant they were working faster and efficiently, but yeah they shouldn’t mess this up. I prefer they be ready by fall, this coming patch is too soon.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Needless to say I meant they were working faster and efficiently, but yeah they shouldn’t mess this up. I prefer they be ready by fall, this coming patch is too soon.

Iirc Lindsay said they'd be coming this fall.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    FlpAmaral wrote: »

Maybe we'll be able to place multiple windows on the same tile? There's also that hint from the Future Cube: "Side by side. Sure. Spaced out. Yup. Stack em up? Hmm."

I was hoping that one referred to a new version of bunk beds. :( Would suck so much if these were only windows. I think build mode is good enough already.

Here was me hoping we'd get something cool gameplay wise FOR ONCE and now it's just another build mode thing... I wouldn't even care if it was split levels. The only thing that would get me excited would be the possibility to build attics and knee wall floors...

This gamepack and patch are just getting worse.

We don't know what's coming in this update. That window feature is probably one of many possibilities.
    Peral wrote: »
    I guess that skin tones and bunk beds is likely. Since we have ladders it would be logical to implement bunk beds. Cars?! I can not see them work very well, in the different worlds. Bicycles work because they do not depend on roads to get by...but cars, my Sim get into it and then a loading screen?!

I"m not expecting skin tones till later in the Fall going by what SimGuruLydnsey said.
    Peral wrote: »

They can make them work. Yes you'd hit a loading screen but there should also be an option to do in car animations.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    So at 1:14 in the new Game Pack trailer, you can see a landspeeder parked next to the Batuu Milk Stand. This is a vehicle from the Star Wars universe that moves like a flying car (without wheels of course). We don't know if these will be usable as of now, but I wonder if this could be a sign that cars might be added to the game? I don't know enough about animating to know if the landspeeder animations or routing would be comparable to those for cars, but I thought it'd be worth mentioning.

At 2:33 in the new Gameplay trailer you can spot a landspeeder again, parked inside one of the buildings. I’m starting to think they’ll be usable because it looks like the speeder has it’s own parking spot with animation and all..
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    No livestream = no interesting patch
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    So at 1:14 in the new Game Pack trailer, you can see a landspeeder parked next to the Batuu Milk Stand. This is a vehicle from the Star Wars universe that moves like a flying car (without wheels of course). We don't know if these will be usable as of now, but I wonder if this could be a sign that cars might be added to the game? I don't know enough about animating to know if the landspeeder animations or routing would be comparable to those for cars, but I thought it'd be worth mentioning.

At 2:33 in the new Gameplay trailer you can spot a landspeeder again, parked inside one of the buildings. I’m starting to think they’ll be usable because it looks like the speeder has it’s own parking spot with animation and all..

At the very end of the trailer, when we see the - out of place - house being built in Willow Creek (3'35"), there is one of these things parked on the left. So... it probably means you can use them.