Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

September Patch Speculation 2020 (Out Now)

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Cars! Please, be it! 😄
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Cars! Please, be it! 😄

Cars would line up with speculation about a stuff pack. Add a couple basic cars to the base game in an update at the same time you announce Sims 4: Auto Stuff.

Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    I have a good feeling about cars as well
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    Cars! Please, be it! 😄

Cars would line up with speculation about a stuff pack. Add a couple basic cars to the base game in an update at the same time you announce Sims 4: Auto Stuff.

It could be cars since the star wars pack is getting space ships. Also it's the 6th anniversary of the Sims 4 Thursday. I could also see another free world with 20 blank lots being added to the update. SimGuruFrost is excited about something.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Yeah between the game’s 6th anniversary, Frost’s redacted name, the windows in that one build... I just think we’re gonna get a pretty fun update.

People point to the lackluster 20th anniversary as evidence against a big update, but I actually take that evidence for. The team is often pretty reactive to community uproars. I wouldn’t be surprised if after the 20th anniversary they were like, “Yeah, we gotta do something to make up for this. What’s the next anniversary we’ve got, to make things right?”

At the very least I’m hoping for some quality of life additions.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Cars! Please, be it! 😄

It could be cars since the star wars pack is getting space ships. Also it's the 6th anniversary of the Sims 4 Thursday. I could also see another free world with 20 blank lots being added to the update. SimGuruFrost is excited about something.
    It’s almost 6yrs?! Wow I remember getting out of school and heading to my local GameStop to buy it, as if it were yesterday.
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    Update should be coming next week right?
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Yes, this coming week

Probably next thursday, right ?
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    People on Twitter and Youtube are speculating that the patch could add something in celebration of the 6th anniversary of the game. We always seem to get something around the game's birthday: new career and terrain tools in October 2018, configurable stairs in September 2019, etc.
    Also, Simguru Frost has changed his name to 'STILL REDACTED' on Twitter after the Journey to Batuu announcement. Which could mean there's still something coming our way.

I really hope it's a big one. Cars and stackable windows would already make very happy, but if they'd add bunkbeds as well, it would definitely appease some angry players I think. But it seems like too much to hope for? :#
    The "still redacted" makes me think it's something big. I hope it's babies, but that wouldn't make much sense with a SW pack. More likely, cars. That would be cool.
    Or it might just be windows + bunk beds, which would be nice, but not "huge", in my opinion.
    I suspect they were anticipating the backlash following the SW pack. The gurus knew that it wouldn't be very well received by the majority. So my guess is they worked on a crowd-pleaser free update at the same time, to calm the masses. At least I hope they did. It would be a smart move.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited August 2020
    Chaton wrote: »
    The "still redacted" makes me think it's something big. I hope it's babies, but that wouldn't make much sense with a SW pack. More likely, cars. That would be cool.
    Or it might just be windows + bunk beds, which would be nice, but not "huge", in my opinion.
    I suspect they were anticipating the backlash following the SW pack. The gurus knew that it wouldn't be very well received by the majority. So my guess is they worked on a crowd-pleaser free update at the same time, to calm the masses. At least I hope they did. It would be a smart move.

I'd be so excited about updated babies, but I think they will save that one for the next GP (I am pretty sure they will come with the next gamepack, it will be nursery fun or something like that because more baby gameplay and better babies are SO much wanted, and a generation/family EP pack will follow and then we'll get another for teenagers, malls with teenage activities or playable schools with high school drama, still hoping the latter will come with preteens...). Bunk beds will come with a generation EP and I don't think it'll be your old bunkbeds from the previous iterations, any single bed will be stackable and it won't work for toddler beds (this is just TS4 haha, everything comes with a downside ^^).

Cars are more likely, yes, followed buy a car stuff pack in autumn before the next EP around christmas, or a pool update as a summer final with more fun pool items.
    Chaton wrote: »

Probably next thursday, right ?

This Thursday.
    edited August 2020
    James Turner said if you zoom in on the icon close enough it shows cars and bunkbeds on top.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    SimGuruFrost changed his display name on Twitter to STILL REDACTED GuruFrost. So whatever that is about isn’t the gamepack (or at least not something we know yet about the gamepack).

Maybe he got such a shock from all the backlash, he forgot to change it...or maybe refuses to change it...

A little bit off-topic, but: Is Simguru Frost a real person or an avatar for the marketing department? Has anybody ever seen/heard him/her? I searched on Google but found nothing.
    FlpAmaral wrote: »

Maybe we'll be able to place multiple windows on the same tile? There's also that hint from the Future Cube: "Side by side. Sure. Spaced out. Yup. Stack em up? Hmm."

I was hoping that one referred to a new version of bunk beds. :( Would suck so much if these were only windows. I think build mode is good enough already.
    edited August 2020
    James Turner said if you zoom in on the icon close enough it shows cars and bunkbeds on top.

Is that a joke? I just zoomed in and can't see anything...

Sorry if that's a stupid question, but English is not my first language ^^
    edited August 2020
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Maybe we'll be able to place multiple windows on the same tile? There's also that hint from the Future Cube: "Side by side. Sure. Spaced out. Yup. Stack em up? Hmm."

I was hoping that one referred to a new version of bunk beds. :( Would suck so much if these were only windows. I think build mode is good enough already.

Here was me hoping we'd get something cool gameplay wise FOR ONCE and now it's just another build mode thing... I wouldn't even care if it was split levels. The only thing that would get me excited would be the possibility to build attics and knee wall floors...

This gamepack and patch are just getting worse.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

It’s a joke made by the graphic designer who created the cleaned up version of the leaked icon. Don’t get your hopes up. 😉
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    SimGuruFrost changed his display name on Twitter to STILL REDACTED GuruFrost. So whatever that is about isn’t the gamepack (or at least not something we know yet about the gamepack).

Maybe he got such a shock from all the backlash, he forgot to change it...or maybe refuses to change it...

A little bit off-topic, but: Is Simguru Frost a real person or an avatar for the marketing department? Has anybody ever seen/heard him/her? I searched on Google but found nothing.

I believe he’s camera shy hence he doesn’t show himself too often. He also doesn’t work in-house, but from Canada.
    Also, He changed his name to STILL REDACTED guru frost, so I believe at this stage the ‘redacted’ must have something to do with the upcoming patch and not the GP.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited August 2020

I believe he’s camera shy hence he doesn’t show himself too often. He also doesn’t work in-house, but from Canada.
    Also, He changed his name to STILL REDACTED guru frost, so I believe at this stage the ‘redacted’ must have something to do with the upcoming patch and not the GP.

SimGuruFrost is just a conspiracy, a spooky story parents tell their children at night to stop them from whining about no cars in the sims 4.

It’s a joke made by the graphic designer who created the cleaned up version of the leaked icon. Don’t get your hopes up. 😉

lol ok
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member

He's a real person hehe Only Game Changers know him from previous EA events (I remember Plumbela talk about him). We also heard his voice in a recent livestream so he's definitely real :tongue:
    he/him
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2020

He's a real person hehe Only Game Changers know him from previous EA events (I remember Plumbela talk about him). We also heard his voice in a recent livestream so he's definitely real :tongue:

I remember hearing him on that livestream, I thought I had seen him on an old livestream where he sounded completely different so I got a bit confused when I heard his voice there.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    It would be really cool if we had new build mode updates, but I'm more expecting a decor item or two.

I wonder if this will be the patch to fix skin tones, or of it's too soon for that? I hope it's something they address by the end of this year.

I know its extremely unlikely, but more genetics stuff would be so, so welcome. If they added more skin tones how cool would it be if they added vitiligo??! At the moment I have cc for that. Or more freckles that cover the whole body? Body hair? Heterochromia? ...there is so much they could add. Seeing all the varied aliens (which is kind of cool) is making me hope for more human customisation as well.