Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Star Wars Game Pack?

13...Next

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    I could imagine a Star Wars Universe inspired world, but nothing like following existing characters or stories as such. I'd have no problem with a Quest or better still, several quests. I need TS3 WA style puzzles in this game.

I don't think the Gamepack will be a Theme Park. This has been ruled out by SGDuke.
    What it could include:
    • Some kind of portal, machine or knowledge (scrolls?) that allows your sim to travel to a particular planet. The World/Planet itself needs to be entirely closed off from the ordinary world. Like RoM, but done much better and offering freedom to build and even live there. But please no spawning of random 'ordinary' sims. Stay home Landgraab. If I choose to smuggle Bella Goth across, that should entirely be my choice, not hers. It's my story.
    • Build what? A Spaceship. Droids. Portable Hologram Friends. Again, game play for the two latter needs to be a bit more in-dept than RoM's familiars or GF's drones. We've been there, done that. No more copying code or reskinning objects. No interest. My sim needs to be able to communicate with these things and they should contain information that might be important for the quest he's on. They should be able to build a relationship, like with a pet.
    • A Force Sensitive skill. Train as a Jedi, or turn to the Dark Side. Have Duels. Get that sword fighting from Get Famous out of that studio and into the world. But with style. And a little more edgy than that very tame untamed magic from RoM.
    • Explore several different areas like markets, docks, lakes and study the native flora and fauna. I'd like to be able to travel through space. As a Smuggler. Or a Jedi. Or an Astronomer.
    • I could imagine one small world/ 'district' to be an actual spaceship 'lot'. A place where my sim can live and train, before going back to the planet. Just so I can be totally immersed as my sim is traveling through space. The environmental FX could suggest this. I'd be happy with an 'apartment' shell, as long as I can build and decorate the inside. Of course the ship shell needs to look extraordinary! By that I mean Extra-Extra Extraordinary!

Am I asking for too much? Probably. But we'll see.

ugnhghhh none of this sounds up my alley.

this is sounding like a reskinned ROM, but with jedis dueling instead of spellcasters.

i've been wanting like an alpine vacation world or like a childhood gamepack with playable schools to compliment parenthood bLEGGHHH
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I would be more into this pack if it was a theme park like some of you said, but only if i was also able to make my own non star wars theme parks. I have been wanting theme parks for a while now, i even speculated that this gp might have them until i saw the tweet one of the gurus made. I could have interpreted that tweet wrong, though.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    I think it'll be a Galaxy's Edge vacation destination. not a "theme park," in the sense that it's not a build-your-own-park thing, but a place you can go, do some Star Wars-themed stuff, meet characters, get swag like lightsabers and droids, and then go home again. Maybe with a story element like Strangerville.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm excited about it and i can't stop thinking about possible curved walls :)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Also this is the cover art for the current sale, pretty weird design if you ask me. I'm guessing it must be representative of something, it definitely gives me space vibes. Guessing they'll announce the pack when the sale ends?

KnzXZT8.png
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Also this is the cover art for the current sale, pretty weird design if you ask me. I'm guessing it must be representative of something, it definitely gives me space vibes. Guessing they'll announce the pack when the sale ends?
    You are right. It does seem kinda weird and the background gives outer space vibes a little. They also included the sixam owl which i know is from ROM but it was also on the road map. We have been speculating about what could it hint at in the roadmap thread.

• SylvanfallSylvanfall Posts: 2 New Member
    Hummm....I'm a Star Wars fan, but not sure about this one.....Well it could be interesting to see my Sims fall in love with a Ewok!!!...Wait, there will have Ewoks in this Xpac...right?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I remember the gurus saying the new pack will be something that's never been done in the Sims before,so I think Star Wars is out. We already have Star Wars stuff in Sims 4,plus there are so many worlds in Star Wars that it would be impossible to combine them in one pack without making it look like all the Star Wars planets ran into each other and merged into one huge confusing-looking landscape.

The new pack could either be a farming pack or a theme park/county fair pack,since Winter vacation was already done in Sims 1. A future world would be out since the future was already done in Sims 3,and we already have space travel/a space world in Sims 4.

If it's Star Wars, it will probably be based on Batuu from Galaxy's Edge at Disney. It won't be all worlds.

This post was dead on
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?