Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you excited for The Sims 4: Journey to Batuu?

Comments

• ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    No
    After the last expansion I'm done with this franchise, well that and they completely ruined playing vampires. Seeing Star Wars in The Sims definitely tells me I made the right choice. It also tells me they've run out of ideas.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    No
    Allears wrote: »
    For me it's not that it's the Star Wars exactly. It's the fact that EA seems to be going down a path lately of entirely changing the type of gameplay. Like many others, I've been playing the Sims for 20 years. It's always been a life simulator game. I've always loved it. But, now I don't feel like I'm playing the Sims anymore. If I wanted to play a game-generated story RPG game, I wouldn't be playing the Sims. So I'm very discouraged about the future of the Sims franchise.

Agree with everything you have said..I am lucky I can still play 2&3 but occasionally I enjoy playing 4 for totally different reasons to the other two previous series but lately I have experienced more bugs with the game than I ever did in S3 and that series is supposed to be the gold star of bugginess..
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    I'm so tired of Star Wars being everywhere lately. Every corner you turn in gaming, movies, tv, shopping. It's literally made me despise it and I've never even seen the movies or shows. Just would have been nice to have a more generic space theme that extended on the idea of Sixam or something. Oh well $20 I'll save. Probably wait for a sale and get University or Eco Lifestyle or something.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    No
    @Arzekial

How are vampires ruined mine appeared to be fine until Eco living ruined my game and I had to start a new folder so am wondering what I need to look out for re vampires playing a completely new game?
  • Markus_skyfiresMarkus_skyfires Posts: 14 New Member
    No
    Absolutely not,
    This is a sad day for the Sims franchise for sure and rightfully so. When I want to play the Sims I want to play the Sims Not everything has to be in the same universe and connected. I've already been boycotting all things Star Wars since TLJ and will continue to fully boycott all things star wars for ages to come (Proud member of the Fandom Menace). There's no need to get toxic over it since buying DLC's are always completely optional (Being the Free Market where people vote with their wallet) and when there are Sims 4 packs that are objectively trash like the my first pets trash which shows when they're constantly on sale and still aren't sold. I have a list of Sims 4 DLC that I'll never have any intrest in and wouldn't even get paid to have it's so trash in my personal opinion and this makes the list. Naturally each to their own so to the small minority of people interested in this pack go ahead but don't get triggered or whatnot when a lot of us refuse to get it.

I haven't even used the free star wars stuff (Except Leia's outfit as a base to making custom CC outfit for my Sims 4 church priest vestments and laity robes) and have no interest in even using the free star wars stuff not to mention wasting money on this pack.

Again not everything has to be in the same universe and when I want to play the Sims I want to play the Sims and not have The Star Wars Franchise try to force their brand into other franchise and universes because their movies are failing, Merch shelves completely full and not being sold and Disneyland park's star wars area being empty (even before the pandemic) as the Nerdrotic youtube channel among others has demonstrated.

Especially since I run a Geo-political roleplay nation within my Sims 4 game I don't want star wars to have a presence in my game and won't

Again each to their own but don't be surprised that most of us will refuse to buy this game no matter how much of a sale it's on when (Since it will happen) it doesn't have the results EA likes and like other trash packs they put it on sale constantly.
  • jassieteacatjassieteacat Posts: 3 New Member
    No, not interested in this. This sits along with Strangerville in my opinion and I am not interested in either packs, unfortunately.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    No
    I had packs that excite me but have let me down, I was SO excited for Eco Living but it basically broke my save file... I was playing Strangerville with cheats so I could finish the story and get on with actually playing the game, to get ready for Eco Lifestyle.

However I felt like I really got to know the sim I made to get past Strangerville with and while I have a copy of her it won’t be the same. I can’t say that about many sims in the Sims 4 heck, I hardly make my own Sims anymore because it takes forever to make the premades over.

So I was depressed when Eco Living ruined that game save, and later depressed because of all the new bugs and the old ones that came back after I had to take out the now outdated mods (that fixed the bugs and more).

I almost didn’t get nifty knitting but I was shocked it was ten dollars (I got the price confused because last time I bought a stuff pack it was on sale for that price.) But I bought it, now wishing I haven’t because I felt ripped off... I honestly thought we’d of gotten more outfits/hats than we did. I still think after we were done voting they took things out.

For comparison In one of the Sims 2 games (The hobby one) we got a sewing machine and we got to make so much with it, and that pack came with a million other things to do and cute clothes for kids (Which I’ll admit they really needed).

I thought we’d get a winter hotel town or get to live on the Alien planet (the one already in the game)... When I heard people saying it was a Star Wars pack I thought they were joking.

Heck if it just had a few Star Wars inspired items/features but was its own pack I wouldn’t be so mad, Into the Future had The Hunger Games and Back to the Future elements but it still felt like it’s own game. I also loved the nods to Harry Potter in Sims 2 and I’m always happy when we get a real life song in Simlish.

But this time in the latest pack our sims basically go to a Star Wars place (I hope) and live out the modern Star Wars movies. It sounds more replaceable than Strangerville and I love Carrie Fisher who played Princesses Laya (She’s an Icon and has an amazing sense of humor) but her character is not enough to get me excited to watch Star Wars let alone buy this game pack.

Well it at least gives our sims something unique to do so for those buying it have fun, for the rest of you guys with for move/basic stuff we should already have in the game.

I’m going wish this wish this was a BTS themed game pack if EA can make a pack they want then I can imagine they will pay BTS big money to record a few songs in Simlish (I’d buy that pack, but then again I’m a huge Army).

After I imagine what might of been if they listened to us and worked harder to try and make us all happy or if I had enough sway at EA to get them to make a BTS game pack (with TXT and BLACKPINK too) which would make ME happy. I’m going to watch the music video to the new BTS song fifty times because it’s been able to keep my spirits up so far and it’s a bop!
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    No
    I like Star Wars, but I fear this will be a one-lot destination like Realm of Magic with recolored features from other packs.
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    Yes
    It's a big Yes for me! :) I like what I saw, the new destination or world or whatever, Batuu looks good. I saw 2 or 3 Star Wars movies. I can't say I'm a fan but I liked it. It'll be fun to play in this bran new stylish environment. I'm sure the devs worked hard on this.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    No
    I thought it would be interesting to have a poll where we can see how everyone feels and what they think!

Personally I am not just because I don't want Star Wars to be an existing real universe in The Sims that isn't a theme park and becomes part of the lore.

Feel free to say your opinion if you want to as well!

I'm not a fan of Star Wars. Like at all. The only time I use the costumes is on Spooky Day. Other than that: Not a fan.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    No
    bdd.jpg

Not at all.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Yes
    izecson wrote: »
    bdd.jpg

Not at all.

I disagree with you, but that image made my day. :lol:
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes
    Scobre wrote: »
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Well, people have different opinions on how to achieve that success. To some, this GP is a step towards it and to others not. But this 'my way or the highway' thinking is actually rather presumptious and discriminating in nature, if you ask me.
    I do have to agree with that. Preach. Been a problem since I joined forums too. So tired of the sides. Honestly ok to like not like or be neutral about packs and patches.

The thing that bothers me is that there seems to be an assumption from many that most players fall into the category of realistic gameplay or supernatural. Some of us enjoy both of those things. I like to play some saves realistically, others with a focus on supernatural content, and yet others with a strong mix of the two.
    I enjoy both as well. Sims has never been either or before, so it is strange there is a divide with it during this version. I am excited about having a new life state with the wizards in a non Harry Potter way.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    No
    Stutum wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »
    bdd.jpg

Not at all.

I disagree with you, but that image made my day. :lol:

Glad you love it lol
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    No
    Haven't been on the forums since Sims 3, logged in just to vote in this. Been playing sims since I was a kid with Sims 1, this will be the first pack I won't buy.
  • Jess_KimbaJess_Kimba Posts: 20 Member
    No
    I love Star Wars, but this game needs so much more before we have a whole game pack for Batuu.

I would have loved generations, hobbies, a romantic chemistry system, farming, longer lasting emotions, real consequences to actions... so many things that would add depth to the game, rather than putting resources into this pack.

If we had all of that, I would be a little excited, except that EA has taught me that no pack is ever even half as good as the trailer. Batuu will be visit only - no living there, with lots of shells, repeated animations, shallow point interactions and no new depth. Missions do not work whatsoever in the sims - just mini tasks, no real fighting, no death. It’s going to be another hollow pack. Taking on Star Wars is too ambitious for a team who couldn’t handle the concept of “Arts and Crafts”.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    Right now I'm not jumping with joy although I am keeping an open mind, I will need too see livestream first, I will get it because I'm thinking of it as an alien and robots pack not star wars 😂, i have aliens and robots in my game it will be nice too get more stuff for them ,the livestream determines whether I get it on sale or on release, I wonder if we can craft the new robots if we have university, Maybe I will get excited after livestream
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022
    No

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • MoonaticMoonatic Posts: 1 New Member
    No
    This is my first post ever on this forum and I play since the Sims 1 release but had to share my feelings when I saw this trailer. Again this is just my point of view and I'm not expecting people to agree with me and if this new GP pleases some people I'm happy for them.

Back in the days I was a huge fan of the Sims franchise, but lately I feel like the devs are taking steps away from the original soul of the game and this GP appears to me like one more huge step away, and I have to admit that I'm quite disappointed (even if I like Star Wars, at least before Disney took over)...

It just feels like another SW tagged merch and I truly hope that Sims devs won't keep following that path for their future releases.

Even if this is an attempt to attract a new niche of players, I'm afraid they are going to be quite disappointed.
    Honestly if you want a Star Wars video game experience, they are tons of good and immersive ones already out there (The Old Republic, KOR, etc...) but a Sims GP... I'm really skeptical (especially if it's a Strangerville remake).

At least I'm glad to see that lots of players are not really enthusiastic about that GP, it gives me hope that devs might choose to content their already existing community for the next releases...

But this one is definitely not for me !
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Yes
    Excited for sword fighting animations, holographic panels and steam/cyberpunk themed builld content. Not interested in Star Wars nor a whole wardrobe of Halloween costumes. I'd be more excited if this was a 'sims 3 into the future' pack that focused on futuristic themes.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    78% of the voters here so far have voted "No". And I agree.

I'm so excited I'm one of those 22%! :)

Heh heh, I couldn't agree more:

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain

:D:D

Pause and reflect about me not wanting to buy a Star Wars Expansion Pack to a The Sims game? Pretty sure Mark Twain was not talking about anything so small.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    No
    Not really. But I think it could still be fun :).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes
    I dont even know what star wars is about. star wars is a 70s/80s cultural phenomenon. I wasnt born yet.

Star Wars is about a family. A family like any other with their ups and downs. Only, it's set in space. A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. It's also epic.

Really, it's the perfect story for those who are into family game play. I don't know why everybody is so sad. :)
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Yes
    I would have preferred a generic scifi pack over Star wars. But I am looking forward to find out more. The reveal trailer looks promising.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    No
    Not in the least excited. I have bought every pack but i'll be passing on this one. For a change there is literally nothing at all in this pack that I could see myself using in any of my files. This is way too niche and I would have rather it ben a stuff pack I wouldn't be buying than a game pack.

That's ok though that 20$ will go towards my collectors ed. Shadowlands so yay . I was only going to get the regular one but this worked out :D
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.