Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Journey to Batuu!

Comments

• verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Its a vacation world not story driven.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/journey-to-batuu-reveal
    Nope story driven
    and it will make it home to the rest of the sim worlds
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Finally, it's not another realism game. I can finally put the Sims 4 Base Star Wars costumes to use. This is so going to be perfect with my Futuristic Game Save. I am so remaking my Princess Leia, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker & Jade Skywalker.
    I hope there are actual new Aliens & not just sims in a mask. I'm also looking forward for my Batman & Batgirl sims to fight the villains. Yipee!! :D:p<3B)
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    But why?? Who asked for this??

Yet another pack to avoid :/
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Short and sweet: I want it!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m excited about this. I’m bummed that it sounds like it’s just a destination world, though. I still haven’t made it through Jungle Adventures for that reason. But I love that it’s so different! I’m looking forward to playing it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Who ask for this the Guru? It was hinted they was going for this I won't be buying this it a quick crash grab they made this deal because I think the packs they come out with did not sell even with the community who voted for it. I happy for the people who like this but I don't like it myself.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I’m excited about this. I’m bummed that it sounds like it’s just a destination world, though. I still haven’t made it through Jungle Adventures for that reason. But I love that it’s so different! I’m looking forward to playing it.

Yup, it's just a vacation world with the added bonus of having a mission to complete (like Selvadorada). But we get cool looking sci-fi stuff... and a light saber as the cherry on top! I am sooooo going to rebuild Strangerville to look like Batuu!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Ok, so my sims need motherlode so that they can permanently rent the lot just like in Jungle Adventure. I get it.
  • AlexakiiAlexakii Posts: 19 Member
    I'm excited and sceptical about it at the same time, im not really sure that I like how connected this is to the actual star wars characters, saying that if they had a Harry Potter one I dont think I'd be complaining.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Even if I was getting this pack for free I wouldnt get it.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2020
    I guess this means that nothing at all good is coming to the Sims 4 this year? Ah 2020 what a truly awful year it has been. :/
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I guess this means that nothing at all good is coming to the Sims 4 this year? Ah 2020 what a truly awful year it has been. :/

hopefully i get my farming/horses expansion this year or i'll be LIVID.

or at least something else the community has actually been asking for like resorts or bands. ugh.
  • StrawberryNightmareStrawberryNightmare Posts: 61 Member
    [quote="Sharonia;c-17630474"]I guess this means that nothing at all good is coming to the Sims 4 this year? Ah 2020 what a truly awful year it has been. :/ [/quote]

Yup this year has been a stinker. I will desperately cling to my knitting pack and assume that’s all I’m getting this year worth spending my money on. Certainly won’t be throwing my cash away on this Star Wars trash. Don’t know why they wanted to shoe-horn this franchise into the Sims it’s so random and make NO SENSE!

I’m hoping they pull it out of the bag towards the end of the year but I’m not holding my breath. Still, I do hope all the Star Wars fans do genuinely enjoy it. I’ve still got a few onsies to knit while I wait for something worth my time. Let’s hope for those who want to play it, it isn’t the usual buggy mess as that spoils everything regardless if you love or hate the packs.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    I think it looks great but it just screams cash grab to me. I love Star Wars but I'm confused as to which Simmers have been asking for this.

*Waves*

Hi there! I have. I've been asking for more Star Wars stuff. Granted, my pleas were lost in the cries for free babies and bunk beds, but they're out there. :)
    #Team Occult
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    wait it's story driven.........:( noooooo.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm pretty excited about the missions. I've been saying for years that we need some sort of missions in the Sims 4 and now we're finally getting them. I also love how you can choose to take a good or bad path with it aswell so there's replayability there.

Also to those who hate the sound of the pack but will still buy it for some reason, from the sounds of it it's already locked as a vacation world and won't affect your everyday gameplay, same as realm of magic sadly. :neutral:

I have heard good things about World Adventures in S3. Really liking that they are making different paths to chose. That makes it more fun to replay.

Hmm.., I have every single pack for Sims 4 except for Luxury Living with the butler. My sims don’t do that kind of stuff. Anyhow, I feel like I have been a loyal player in that sense and it feels so rewarding to see something that is really really different. This ain’t suburbia!
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Goodbye, Sims 4. I'm out.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Finally, it's not another realism game. I can finally put the Sims 4 Base Star Wars costumes to use. This is so going to be perfect with my Futuristic Game Save. I am so remaking my Princess Leia, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker & Jade Skywalker.
    I hope there are actual new Aliens & not just sims in a mask. I'm also looking forward for my Batman & Batgirl sims to fight the villains. Yipee!! :D:p<3B)

I really hope you get what you want but I have a really bad feeling those are sims in costumes/skins and not actual new life states. At the most they will be a generic alien life state that the base game already has.

heartstopper-couple.gif
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Hmm.... I’m guessing that the not all the aliens are available in CAS as new lifestates. I mean I am not expecting toddler-versions of them being available. However for a Game Pack this is looking really good. For immersion, being able to feel that you truly are in a different place this will be awesome.

If there are no lots to rent my sims are packing a tent! Looking forward to Batuu so so much.

Wish we had lekku for all the ages, and that there was a way to glue them on permanently so that the game didn’t treat it like a hat. I would love to have a twilek-sim!
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I don't mind some story driven content. Every other game I play is story driven and has missions and quests. Also, in The Sims you can just cheat through story content or anything, really, viewed as an obstacle towards instant gratification. Sims players don't have it even remotely hard when it comes to that.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I love Star Wars. I love The Sims. Two of my favorite things are converging. I honestly can't wait. I didn't know this was a thing that was even possible. Sending my Sims off to explore a world in a galaxy far far away gives me so many new story options to play. I've always veered towards the supernatural and scifi aspects of the Sims. I don't play realism at all. So I'm really happy about this!
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    edited August 2020
    Sorry if this was already asked and answered, but are there actually new life-states/races/species? Or all these are just costumes?
    It's a huge difference and will definitely be a deciding point for me.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yay more things for my aliens and robots and yes before you ask my gameplay style is sometimes wacky 😊 ps the DJ robot though, candy behr can go too plum 😂
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Faust-RSI wrote: »
    Sorry if this was already asked and answered, but are there actually new life-states/races/species? Or all these are just costumes?
    It's a huge difference and will definitely be a deciding point for me.

I'd love to know this as well. I'm guessing that they're likely costumes or maybe life states locked to that world. Probably can woo-hoo but not actually "try for baby" like the servos? That's my best guess, but I'd really like to know more about this and have it confirmed.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Anyone else get the impression the aliens are just more costumes that sims can put on? :|
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top