The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

September Patch Speculation 2020 (Out Now)

Comments

• djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    my expectations are getting lower and lower. i dont care. its not gonna have anything remotely what people want at this point.

Exactly. Exactly my sentiments. Thank You!!!!!
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    Given that the Star Wars pack comes out in less than two weeks, when do you think we'll get the pre-pack patch? It's coming sooner than I expected.

Next week Tuesday

No. SP & GP patches release on Thursdays.

And trailers are usually on Tuesday 🤷‍♀️
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Given that the Star Wars pack comes out in less than two weeks, when do you think we'll get the pre-pack patch? It's coming sooner than I expected.

Next week Tuesday

No. SP & GP patches release on Thursdays.

So a week from today.

I do hope it'll be a big(ish) one. I have a feeling... there'll be something to appease the not Star Wars fans? It is based on nothing but rumors and a vibe I get though.

Waiting to hear if we'll get a gameplay stream or something. They sometimes show off patch features in gameplay streams.

I think so too. They knew this was going to be a more controversial pack theme for the hardcore Simmer community - so if there were ever a time to add a long requested feature that will appeal to the general player, it is now. But I’m not getting my hopes up.

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I kinda just want them to move on to TS5 right now.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member

Next week Tuesday

Thursday most likely.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I kinda just want them to move on to TS5 right now.

Same here but only if it’s properly done. Otherwise they can keep it
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Seeing the trailer it looks like nothing new or exciting with build mode so I'm going with bug fixes that create new bugs.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited August 2020
    My prediction/speculation:

- 99.9% of all bugs/glitches will not be fixed, and instead, more will be added.
    - Some new unnecessary features will be added that nobody wants (like an easier way to participate in Spark'd)
    - One or two new basegame assets will be added (it won't be cool things like cars or bunkbeds or cribs or freed babies)... it will most likely be something Star Wars costume related, like a new CAS category for masks/alien addons, or something.

And last but not least, there will be 56 new threads within 24 hours of said released patch, complaining that we still don't have cars or bunkbeds or cribs or free babies in our game. Ad nauseum.

:/
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
    edited August 2020
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Seeing the trailer it looks like nothing new or exciting with build mode so I'm going with bug fixes that create new bugs.

I still think they'll surprise us with some new content to the base game. Prehaps it will be from cas or buymode and probably buildmode.

Possiblities

The New Card Table
    The New Recipes
    Cars(?) I doubt it though.

I think the Livestream will happen before Thursday when the Update comes out so they can say what the patch will add. My prediction is the LS will happen Tuesday or Wednesday.
    edited August 2020
    I forgot in September of last year we got an End Of Summer Update with some outdoor stuff. Prehaps they'll do the same this year with more pool items. I hope so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAp4t1TiZGo&t=2s
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    In Rebels the rooms the crew of the Ghost live in have bunk beds, so clearly a Star Wars game pack needs them, but putting them in the pack would be cruel so it would be logical for them to go in the patch.

Mostly I'm hoping for bug fixes and no new bugs.
    coogee78 wrote: »
    In Rebels the rooms the crew of the Ghost live in have bunk beds, so clearly a Star Wars game pack needs them, but putting them in the pack would be cruel so it would be logical for them to go in the patch.

Oh yes, that makes total sense. Some press articles mention sleeping quarters for Batuu visitors, and bunk beds would fit in perfectly with that.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    coogee78 wrote: »

Oh yes, that makes total sense. Some press articles mention sleeping quarters for Batuu visitors, and bunk beds would fit in perfectly with that.

Bunak beds make sense on a ship with limited space, but it makes little sense to add them in Batuu which is on land and there seems to be plenty of it. We'll probably get to rent homes like in JA. I see them adding bunk bends only to get people to buy the pack and then they won't add them to the patch.
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited August 2020

Maybe we'll be able to place multiple windows on the same tile? There's also that hint from the Future Cube: "Side by side. Sure. Spaced out. Yup. Stack em up? Hmm."
    he/him
    FlpAmaral wrote: »

Maybe we'll be able to place multiple windows on the same tile? There's also that hint from the Future Cube: "Side by side. Sure. Spaced out. Yup. Stack em up? Hmm."

That would be awesome.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited August 2020
    FlpAmaral wrote: »
    There's also that hint from the Future Cube: "Side by side. Sure. Spaced out. Yup. Stack em up? Hmm."

Ooh I didn’t think about it being applied to windows.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Ahsoka Tano cosplay will be added

What?
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    SimGuruFrost changed his display name on Twitter to STILL REDACTED GuruFrost. So whatever that is about isn’t the gamepack (or at least not something we know yet about the gamepack).
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited August 2020
    SimGuruFrost changed his display name on Twitter to STILL REDACTED GuruFrost. So whatever that is about isn’t the gamepack (or at least not something we know yet about the gamepack).

Maybe he got such a shock from all the backlash, he forgot to change it...or maybe refuses to change it...

Maybe he got such a shock from all the backlash, he forgot to change it...or maybe refuses to change it...

Maybe he's waiting for the livestream. Wonder if they included any features long requested by the community.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I just hope we're getting something substantial in the patch, something that a lot of players want, so that all that complaining stops.
    Well "all"....that would be a little too hopeful of course.
    A tiny bit would be nice.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member

CARS!!
    Brum brums!
    Vehicular transportation!
    Lemons!
    Mobile environment killers!
    So at 1:14 in the new Game Pack trailer, you can see a landspeeder parked next to the Batuu Milk Stand. This is a vehicle from the Star Wars universe that moves like a flying car (without wheels of course). We don't know if these will be usable as of now, but I wonder if this could be a sign that cars might be added to the game? I don't know enough about animating to know if the landspeeder animations or routing would be comparable to those for cars, but I thought it'd be worth mentioning.

More than likely it's about new features being added in the update.