Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    It's so sad they're wasting money and resources in a Star Wars pack with everything The Sims 4 is still missing.

The thing is EA is not low on money. They make a ton of money on all their games, including Sims 4. Thats why they are able to do these "experimental" packs :|
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I don't want to complain about too much yet since much is not known yet, little Padawans BUT

- I don't think we can live in Batuu and that's a HUGE disappointment to me, if it's true. I really wanted & looked forward to live in space.
    - If the first point is true, Batuu really is just a theme park even if it's "in another world", meaning....
    - It's play the ranks, go home. I don't want that.
    - I don't think all these races will be playable.

If I find more to complain about, I'll check back in 😂
    Dianesims wrote: »
    They actually gave us spaceships BEFORE cars!! Unbelievable.

Probably less routing issues, since they are in the sky and all.But they could at least create an new EP, with an entirely new world , made for cars to drive everywhere . So that there arent any routing issues.

• EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    beville wrote: »
    What a bad joke :p sorry 2020 packs are the worst of all packs!!

I thought it was just me!

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I happen to like Nifty Knitting; my painter Sim is making a bunch of money from selling her paintings on Plopsy, as well as making some cool household items (now that the autonomous knitting is drastically toned down, it's a fun pack). And the Free Love NAP made things a lot more fun around the dorms when she was at UBrite -- a lot more flirting, kissing and such, yet no extra romantic interests (she did meet her boyfriend in the dorm, they're now sharing an apartment in San Myshuno). This one just looks like it might be a bit clunky.

May I remind you to stay ontopic please ;) Thank you.

My response was to someone who said that 2020 packs are the worst. I'm pointing out that NK at least did have some good features; I'm having trouble figuring out anything good in this new GP at least at first blush.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    It’s stupid they just did this to advertise the galaxy edge thing. Are we going to see stormtroopers just walking around in willow creek like Judith ward walks by my poorest neighborhood.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited August 2020
    I happen to like Nifty Knitting

So do I.

Anyhoo, back on topic. I think my frustration has more to do with TS4's current state than GP9 itself. There are so many basic things that need attention, but that energy is expended on a flavor pack instead. If this pack had come after a personality overhaul and massive bug fixes, I might have been more charitable. I likely still would have passed on the pack, though, as it doesn't fit with my play style.

• SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I can not describe how disappointed I am now.

I happen to like Nifty Knitting; my painter Sim is making a bunch of money from selling her paintings on Plopsy, as well as making some cool household items (now that the autonomous knitting is drastically toned down, it's a fun pack). And the Free Love NAP made things a lot more fun around the dorms when she was at UBrite -- a lot more flirting, kissing and such, yet no extra romantic interests (she did meet her boyfriend in the dorm, they're now sharing an apartment in San Myshuno). This one just looks like it might be a bit clunky.

I really like knitting too! :)

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited August 2020
    Disney is determined to destroy my childhood one soulless remake at a time and now this? Haha, sorry that's a little dramatic, but I must admit I am a little shocked and disappointed. This may be the first TS4 pack I choose to skip. I am not a fan of Star Wars and so I don't see what there is for me to enjoy about this pack, which is such a shame. This is not The Sims I grew up with. Am I really so out of touch with the community now? Who asked for this? There are so many other popular missing features! I hope other simmers can enjoy it and I will wait to find out more before I make up my mind, but I don't think this pack is for me. Although I love reading fanfics, I don't want or need a crossover pack to create my own stories. I prefer packs with broad themes to support versatile storytelling and gameplay. This just makes me sad.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

You know...I was thinking this very thing. This year has been 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and on top of that the packs released this year for this game have been just BAD. Of all the ideas that could have been a first ever, this would have NEVER crossed my mind.
  • aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    This must be a delayed april fools joke, right. I am happy for the players that wanted this, but I don‘t feel like this is Sims anymore. Where is the sandbox gameplay? Are the townies going to walk around the neighbourhood in stormtrooper outfits?
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Not interested, not even a little bit--they can keep it
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    So disappointed. I have zero interest in anything Star Wars, I’ve never even seen the movies. This might be the first pack I never buy.
    NotSoLucky wrote: »
    I am so disappointed that I'm actually angry. They aren't getting my money with this. What the heck were the gurus thinking? Terrible. Just terrible.

Yes this is the first time I have been so disappointed that I am legit angry.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I'll be angry if we can't live on Batuu.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'll be angry if we can't live on Batuu.

Really doesn't look like we can... :(
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Also I am curious how small new world will be.
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I can't stop laughing.........
    I can't stop laughing.....

Will the spaceships even work? Because you have to ask questions like that about this game.

I can't stop laughing.............
    Naus wrote: »
    This. Is. Sad.

1.) This is how you take the best selling pc game of all time and poke holes in it until there is enough room for the fan base to want competition to the Sims franchise.

2.) One of the great things about the Sims is that they've always parodied and off brand (ex. Strangerville an off brand version of Stranger Things), but NEVER, NEVER until now has an already copyrighted entertainment franchise such as Star Wars (which has how many pc/console SW games so far made in total again?) ever been introduced. Ikea, Mashino, and all the like were inspired, but not actual story gameplay, with something to offer everyone.

3.) They couldn't even bother to draw up artwork that would have made a parodied non-copyrighted space world? Seriously?

4.) This is comparable to the 1st Sonic trailer or Pet Stuff in my humble opinion.

Yay 2020....can it JUST get any better?!

I think it's pretty obvious this pack was made in collaboration with Disney to PROMOTE the Star Wars brand and Galaxy's Edge park.

I believe this is as bad as My First Pet Stuff but in a different way. My First Pet was a shameless cash grab. This is a shameless advertisement we have to pay for.

YES my thoughts exactly. I think this beats my first pet stuff and that is saying something.