Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    @JMConcept I just wanted to remind everyone, and you, that we need at least one to two pictures per room minimum. The judging is done by the pictures only, so the judges needed to see the details of your build. I hope this helps, because you do have an excellent build!

Well, after being sick most of this month and then having to reformat my hard drive, I am just now getting started on my build. I am glad to see we actually have some entries! Please, if you did the build, submit it with the form so we can keep doing these challenges! Thanks!
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited July 2020
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #228 -50 Shades of Gray
    NAME: iampes23
    LINK TO LOT: cc used, so unable to upload (I can upload it to mediafire if anyone wants it in their game)
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/ph4fpuL
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 100 Redwood Pkwy, 30x20, lot $1,200, final $148,387
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The Gray moved from an apartment into a stylish new 2 bedroom/2 bath home by the sea. It has an open concept main floor, an office, a pool, and a car port big enough for two cars. The rooms and large, and the outside reflects the owners' love of black, white, and shades of gray just as much as the inside does!
    (And before I get counted off for wasting money on tiling again, all the outside brick is the brick pattern transferred onto the wood flooring. Therefore it costs $0 for all of it. I always do this outdoors and often indoors as well to save money.)

*I can't rearrange the photos, so I added the roof completely up pics at the end. I caught the problem late.*
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: CC from TSR and my own patterns
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    d9PLAOX.jpg
    ClbXwRS.jpg

Post edited by iampes23 on
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    edited July 2020
    im busy today so i don't have time to make an official entry but here's my build its not that great because i found it hard to cas everything https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9406804
    Post edited by seaben on
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @iampes23 - Love that kitchen wall texture and the nice glass dining table top! Great choice on the front door and those windows too. I also love the bath room choices and that you included wall flowers.

@seaben - I love your tile choice on the kitchen and bathroom floors and walls.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png
    #BNS228 Shades of Gray is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2020
    drIzl80.jpg
    You let out an indulgent sigh of pleasure, sitting on the walk in front of your favorite cafe. In front of you is the remains of an amazing pasta dish and your preferred sparkling beverage. A soft breeze caresses your cheek, keeping the warmth of the sun from becoming too intense. There couldn’t be a better way to wait for a late appointment than this.

You are roused from your doze by a low female voice in an entrancing accent saying, “Mi scusi, Signore. Are you the architect?” You open your eyes to find a beautiful woman standing next to you. Deep red hair, so dark its almost burgundy, frames a face that could have been model for a statue in the Renaissance, set with a pair of large black eyes. Unlike most redheads you’ve seen, her skin is a delicate golden tan. She is dressed in a lovely, long shirt that looks as if someone has painted a watercolor garden across it, over a pair of snug embroidered jeans. Over her shoulder is a large purse in shades that compliment her shirt. She’s the kind of woman who looks like she should be trendsetting in Milan while wearing her most casual of clothing.

“I am. Its nice to meet you.” You hold out a hand, getting one back that is both perfectly manicured, and yet bears the calluses of someone used to holding tools.

“Bene. I am Eleganza della Pietra. We had an appointment. I am so sorry I was late. I am new here and got lost.” She says apologetically, sitting down when invited.

“Its all right. I had a beautiful lunch outside on a beautiful day. Who could complain about that?” You say with a smile, making her laugh softly. “What can I do for you, Ms della Pietra?”

She smiles a Mona Lisa smile and says “Please, call me Eleganza.”

“Thank you Eleganza. Where are you from?”

“I am from Venice. I moved here to have different,” There is a pause while she looks for the right word. “Ispirazione.”

“You are an artist?” you ask, guessing at the meaning of her word.

“Si. I am a scultrice.”

You pause, “A sculptress?”

“That is the word.” Eleganza pulls out a notebook from her pretty bag and hands it to you. “I am still working on my Simlish. A friend wrote out what I want for you, in case I do not get the words right.”

“Your Simlish is great.” You assure her, taking the notebook and reading over the requirements. “This is perfect. Just one question.”

“Si?”

“What kind of budget do I have?”

“Oh, 150,000! Is that enough?”

“Should be fine. I’ll have it done for you in a couple weeks.”

“Che’s stupendo!” She exclaims happily.

Requirements:

Italianate style house on moderate lot

3 bedrooms, 2 baths

Separate building for an sculpting studio with lots of light and a bath

Landscaping

Small pool

Budget: 150,000 (to include lot cost as well as build cost)

Sim Challenge:

Create Eleganza della Pietra, give her the creative trait, the rest is up to you.

The deadline for this challenge is Monday, August 31st, no later than 23:59:59 New York Time/Eastern Daylight Time
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    I'd think the sculpting studio would need more than a half bath. Sims are known to set themselves on fire while sculpting. Otherwise, it sounds like a great challenge. Who doesn't like the Italian style? And, the size will be great as a normal family home. Without a sculpting station, the building could just be a painting studio. I hope to see lots of inspired simmers do this one!
  • JMConceptJMConcept Posts: 123 Member
    iampes23 wrote: »
    @JMConcept I just wanted to remind everyone, and you, that we need at least one to two pictures per room minimum. The judging is done by the pictures only, so the judges needed to see the details of your build. I hope this helps, because you do have an excellent build!

Well, after being sick most of this month and then having to reformat my hard drive, I am just now getting started on my build. I am glad to see we actually have some entries! Please, if you did the build, submit it with the form so we can keep doing these challenges! Thanks!
    Ah that's too much work lol I didn't wanna spend over an hour but maybe next time. Thanks for the heads up!
    a742kT4.jpg
    edited August 2020
    @JMConcept - If you don't care about someone judging you and all that picture taking, you can still do the challenge and share pics and links. Your builds are awesome and worth sharing! (I don't like all the picture taking time consumption either.)
  • JMConceptJMConcept Posts: 123 Member
    @ciane Thank you! Yeah next time I participate i'll clarify if I don't post all pics, but chances are I won't be as rushed as last time :*
    a742kT4.jpg
  • SimbastienSimbastien Posts: 111 Member
    Can i still participate if I don't have Ambitions?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Simbastien wrote: »
    Can i still participate if I don't have Ambitions?

Yes, just use your imagination.
    image.png
  • djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    I made it back to the SIMS and just in time to do a build & share. I've been gone for a while and I see a lot of new ideas. I built a house like this a while ago for one of my sims, so I just had to do some changes to make the house fit this challenge and I think I've nailed it, but you will have to wait until I'm ready to upload it. I still consider myself a beginner builder, but this build could be advanced or intermediate for me. It is so good to see everyone again. Have fun and happy simming :)
    Anyone else working on this? Less than a week left!
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    @ciane
    I started earlier this month and have yet to finish the upstairs or the sculpting room & bath. Been working on random stuff lately haven't had the motivation to finish. Here’s a sneak peak of the front..
    3LBwJUP.jpg
    Wow that's so AWSIM @oliv3 and no @ciane I'm not participating this time it's just I don't feel as much inspiration from this challenge plus I don't have ambitions and don't want to try and come up with something
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    Great look @oliv3. It really has the feel on the outside. I've finished mine except for the CASting, which we all know takes me forever and so I dread it. I do a little and then find something else to do. I actually went over 100,000kb in my compositor file yesterday, so the game locked up on me. Luckily I had saved just 15 minutes earlier, so I didn't lose much. But doing all that CASting really bloats quickly. I can't upload anything to my studio without deleting something else, so I'm not sure if I will upload it when I finish.

@seaben - I am like that too. When I don't care for the challenge, I just sit it out and look again the next month.
    Yeah it's just challenges like the 50 shades of Gray or the spring designer show down inspire me more or when challenges like the hotel one come up because I know I will end up actually using it but with this one I'm just not really inspired you know
    So, here's what mine ended up looking like on a 30x40 lot:
    screenshot-101-e1598579775312.jpg
    And here's the main floor layout:
    screenshot-106.jpg
    My studio is full, so I won't be uploading unless I delete something else.

I'm excited to see yours!
    Lovely italian home @ciane! I like how you put a balcony area within the roof. Agreed, CASting can certainly suck a lot out of your PC/laptop, but its highly addicting to stop once you get in a roll, and then only forced to stop when it locks up.
    @seaben thank you!!! :)
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Very pretty build @oliv3 . Love the sunny colors, all the flower pots along the fencing, the stone edging. Can't wait to see the rest.

@ciane Wow, that's a lot of house for your 150,000. Love the open floor plan and the little balcony sitting areas. Great that you were able to get in a 2-car garage, too.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I have built a house for this month. I have even re-checked the challenge requirements and don't think I missed anything this time. :D:p

The only problem is, I can't decide which front exterior to use. Those of you who play as well as build probably know that arches in front of front doors cause problems in that visiting sims can't reach the door to ring the bell. So, I was trying to get that effect without placing a wall with arch in front of the door. I used columns, and I love how the house looks with them, but I thought maybe it looked too plantation style. After being reminded by a friend that arches mooed in without a wall behind might work, I tried that, and it did work! The only thing is I think it makes the house look more "stubby."

Here are pictures of both fronts: https://imgur.com/a/t9eMdRl
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    I like the arches look @suzses. It seems more rustic, country Italian; but I find that charming.
    @ciane may I point out that you can upload your home to sim file share or Google documents then put a link in your blog if you really wanted to even though only those of us that fallow your blog can download it it might be better then deleting things from your studio if you're trying to upload

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top