Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Get Out Of Buy/Build Mode!

I just bought The Sims Medieval again, so I could download it off Origin, since my disks couldn't be installed on Windows 10! Played the first quest, built the monastery, chose a Sim for it, and all it brought back to is Buy/Build mode for it, I can't go into live mode at all! I even went back to the castle, also no live mode, just has option to furnish them both!

So I started a new game, and it was even worse, because it started me off right away going into buy/build mode, even though I had picked the fully furnished version of the castle to start, same thing when I got the monastery in the first game! So there must be a bug or something!

Anyway, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, started it up, and I still had the same save game, which was still exactly the same, nothing improved, still stuck on Buy/Build mode with no live mode at all!

I was really enjoying the game too, I remembered how much I loved it before, which is why I decided to buy it again, but now it looks like I am going to just have to get a refund and forget about it!

Unless someone knows what the problem is!

I mean I know asking EA for help on this would be a waste of time, since they're not supporting it anymore or I assume! Though see as we can still buy it, that seems really wrong! But then again they barely give support TS4 anymore!

I know coming here is a long shot, unless someone else had the same problem and figured out how to fix it, but I'm desperate!
To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!

Comments

• Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    Is the game stuck? I set my settings to the lowest quality, that way it doesn't use up as much space, and the game works better. Maybe you could uninstall, than delete your safe file and than reinstall. Than the game will create a new safe file, and hopefully it won't happen again.

I'm no expert on this, by the way, so I'm just suggesting something you can try out. I don't know if it's going to work. For me the game crashes when I close it. And the only way to completely shut it is to turn of the computer. So I don't trust it. I think if that's going to happen often, it will destroy my laptop so I uninstalled the game.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Try right clicking it in origin and select repair game. It's a long shot but you might get lucky in it fixing the game. I know when I uninstalled and reinstalled origin 2 days ago, it told me I had to re-download the game but clicking repair on the game fixed it and I didn't have to re-download it.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2020
    You have to pick a Quest before you can go into live mode. Also, even if you pick a furnished castle or other building you are always taken into build/buy so you can change things or sell things if you want to do that. But Quest is the way to get into live mode until you are playing a quest.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.