Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ANOTHER Competitor to The Sims 5?!?? People of the Newbery

1181920212224...Next

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    It literally makes no sense to be okay with a LIFE SIM game not being able to represent people who look a certain way unless you generally have a lack of regard for those people.

Just because I'm encouraging people to do better for themselves doesn't mean I have a lack of regard for "those" people.
    This goes beyond games. This demanding trivial things of other people like skintones in a game doesn't positively impact those people at all in what really matters. That is just surface cosmetics - and other people pander to it because it won't threaten their own empowerment and they know it.

People are too afraid to say anything for fear of being labeled racist (when they aren't), but it really should be addressed!

Do well, study hard, work hard even in the face of prejudice, save your money for what can increase it. That makes a people empowered and independent of other groups and even earn respect. There a lot of good examples of this. If you don't want Asians as an example, Jews are a good one too and even more so since other groups have been trying to wipe them out for centuries. And yet they're still here and doing fine anyway.

That you assume people are doing well or need your special kind of motivation to do better based on their ethnicity and that you are in the position to judge them indicates that you view yourself as superior. But at least you are not afraid of being called a racist. Which makes sense given that it most likely happens all the time. As someone who has been living in Germany for many years now I am familiar with its history and people like you who keep a list of the "good other" and the "bad other". It is not for anyone's betterment, it just feeds your superiority complex.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited August 2020
    Do they plan to add more skintones ?

A lot of Black skins are missing in the preview

9s9a6him71ah.jpg

They also don't have proper skin tones for Asians, but this doesn't ever seem to be an issue for anyone. I don't think you or anyone should turn this game into a platform for social justice. It would just be nice to play the game in peace without any of that.

Regardless, the skintones are ridiculous and they should fix it. This is not ''social justice'', is it too hard to create games where non caucasian people can be happy? But like I always say, society doesn't care about non caucasian people so I'm not surprised.

Asians just don't seem too upset about it though. They just make some skins and other mods that suit then more and just go on from there. Their stuff is actually better than anything Maxis could have done. Problem solved.

I also think that Asians realize that the mostly white devs aren't familiar (understandably) with the various Asian skin tones and Asian features, so they would just rather do it themselves. Making the skins etc. themselves took less time too.

There is nothing to stop other POCs from making better skin tones for themselves. I bet they would do a much better job than Maxis would since they would have a greater understanding of their own skin tones.

What I understand from you ''I'm a privileged white person and I'm fine with other people experiencing discrimination even in games''. I'm sorry maybe Asian don't complain too much cause first of all their skin is relatively similar as yours plus their hair is also similar. You don't want diversity for black people, fine, I don't care about your opinion, I want diversity for black people and others, so I'm gonna keep asking for it whether you like it or not. Next.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited August 2020
    Duvelina wrote: »
    It literally makes no sense to be okay with a LIFE SIM game not being able to represent people who look a certain way unless you generally have a lack of regard for those people.

Just because I'm encouraging people to do better for themselves doesn't mean I have a lack of regard for "those" people. This goes beyond games. This demanding trivial things of other people like skintones in a game doesn't positively impact those people at all in what really matters. That is just surface cosmetics - and other people pander to it because it won't threaten their own empowerment and they know it.

People are too afraid to say anything for fear of being labeled racist (when they aren't), but it really should be addressed!

Do well, study hard, work hard even in the face of prejudice, save your money for what can increase it. That makes a people empowered and independent of other groups and even earn respect. There a lot of good examples of this. If you don't want Asians as an example, Jews are a good one too and even more so since other groups have been trying to wipe them out for centuries. And yet they're still here and doing fine anyway.

It sounds like you're saying that minorities should work harder to be respected, like it's somehow their fault they're being discriminated against. Prejudice is never the minority's fault. It's the one discriminating against them. And no should have to 'work harder' to be equal to a white person.

Thank you!

Just because I'm encouraging people to do better for themselves doesn't mean I have a lack of regard for "those" people.
    This goes beyond games. This demanding trivial things of other people like skintones in a game doesn't positively impact those people at all in what really matters. That is just surface cosmetics - and other people pander to it because it won't threaten their own empowerment and they know it.

That you assume people are doing well or need your special kind of motivation to do better based on their ethnicity and that you are in the position to judge them indicates that you view yourself as superior. But at least you are not afraid of being called a racist. Which makes sense given that it most likely happens all the time. As someone who has been living in Germany for many years now I am familiar with its history and people like you who keep a list of the "good other" and the "bad other". It is not for anyone's betterment, it just feeds your superiority complex.

I couldn't have said better. Typical superiority complex.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    From what I gathered this thing isn't an actual game....it's some shady facade made by one person.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited August 2020

Just because I'm encouraging people to do better for themselves doesn't mean I have a lack of regard for "those" people. This goes beyond games. This demanding trivial things of other people like skintones in a game doesn't positively impact those people at all in what really matters. That is just surface cosmetics - and other people pander to it because it won't threaten their own empowerment and they know it.

This is so funny that you want to compare Jews and black people problems. Once again, typical complex of superiority, negrophobia and lack of empathy. Till this day, Germany is paying reparations for Jews, for a genocide which lasted 5 years. We, black people have worked free in order to enrich others for over 4 centuries, still we have never been payed reparations and cherry on top, you are still looting our ressources and putting a fictival debt on Africa when we owe nothing to anybody considering how we are looted and exterminated. Haïti has won a battle against Napoleon who wanted to re-establish slavery, yet Haïti till this day has to pay ''reparations'' for the poor slave owners, it doesn't make sense. The victims have to pay the oppressor. And you dare talking about ''doing fine'' for the Jews when everything in this world is set for black people to fail? But on top of all the very telling mindset you present, you're still ''not racist''.🙄 And don't tell me I'm derailing the thread because you started it by involving Jews and everybody in a clearly black skintones problem.

PS : I can already tell EA's gonna delete my post cause for somewhat reason it always bother people when we tell the reality of the world we live in.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Okay, this thread has gone off the rails. Apart from some rather unfortunate remarks from the OP, it's become clear that the developer is either swindling people or has no idea what he's doing.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member

@ClarionOfJoy are you OK?????

Like you literally went out of your way to wake up the Jews????

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Ok I'm done with this thread. It's so off topic and irrelevant to what this thread was about, I have no interest in following it anymore.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    edited August 2020
    Looks like the OP has hightailed it out of Dodge and is done also. Don't know if it was because of her questionable comments or the realization that she's backing a questionable project.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Looks like the OP has hightailed it out of Dodge and is done also. Don't know if it was because of his questionable comments or the realization that he's backing a questionable project.

I believe it’s a ‘she’. ;)
    Looks like the OP has hightailed it out of Dodge and is done also. Don't know if it was because of his questionable comments or the realization that he's backing a questionable project.

Did you mean he's a she?

Did you mean he's a she?

Indeed. I’m only going by what OP has stated before, which is that she is female. That’s all. :)

Did you mean he's a she?

Indeed. I’m only going by what OP has stated before, which is that she is female. That’s all. :)

Corrected. 😊
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I’d stick around to hear more about “those people” but I can’t be one of them that “depends on” the devs to host and maintain this forum so I am off to code and design my own.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Looks like the OP has hightailed it out of Dodge and is done also. Don't know if it was because of her questionable comments or the realization that she's backing a questionable project.

What more do you want me to say? Because it seems everyone else here would just rather pander and not tackle the true issue of empowerment.

I'm not surprised that so many balk at this though. What I suggested takes more effort but far more effective to gain true empowerment and respect. Read about Dr. Ben Carson who took the harder road instead of the easy one.

PS - Yes, I'm a woman - why is this an issue? Lol!

PPS - Can you guys go back on topic now? You can create another thread about fake empowerment versus true empowerment if you want to keep talking about.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

PS - Yes, I'm a woman - why is this an issue? Lol!

Nobody made an issue out of it...🤔

Right. Back to the topic at hand! 🤓

• lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I really hope this game is not a scam like Vie, because it looks really good.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! We've gone ahead and closed the thread due to it getting off-topic. Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top