Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Purchasing GP 9

Comments

• IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited August 2020
    Day 1
    After seeing the pack I am getting it ASAP. If not on Day 1, then definitely on the weekend right after. I'll deal with any bugs and hope for the best.

I cannot answer until I see what the pack actually is. But I very much doubt I would buy on the first day, or even in the first week. I would probably wait till I saw how it was going - I'm still holding off on EL because of the bugs.

And since I've got bills to pay, I'd try really hard to wait till it's on sale. I still have other packs I haven't started playing with (IL, Strangerville, and DU).

edited once I knew what was coming and voted
    Post edited by Isharell on
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Within the first month after I am confident there are not an excess of new bugs.
    Actual answer: If it's something I wanted a lot (basically only standalone winter vacation or horses), then as soon as all my essential mods are confirmed working with it or updated and the worst bugs are ironed out. One month after release sounds about right.

If I just like it, then around a Black Friday/Christmas/New Year sale.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Within the first two weeks after seeing player game-play and hearing their opinions.
    I'll wait one week or a couple of weeks just like i did with Knifty knitting. After Eco Lifestyle i became a bit aware of the mess i can tranform my game in if i jump straight to it without thinking...
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Within the first month after I am confident there are not an excess of new bugs.
    I am very cautious about buying Sims 4 packs.
    I almost never buy them on the day of release, because most likely they'll be riddled with bugs. And if you wait a month, most new packs will go on sale. What's the point of purchasing full price, when in 30 days it'll be 20% to 50% off? EA has plenty of money.
    I also like to see a lot of Let's Plays to see if the pack is any fun. The trailers and EA live streams are sometimes quite inaccurate.
    I think it would be better if people waited to buy packs in general, it would give them less of an excuse to release unfinished packs.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Day 1
    Only if its a theme I like (includes horses and/or farming). If space I will wait for a sale unless it includes Space Horses. ;)
    Did I mention I am waiting for Horses to return?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I also am kinda broke and would need to save up money for it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Within the first two weeks after seeing player game-play and hearing their opinions.
    If I really really like the theme, I could get the pack on day 1, but I try to learn myself to stress down with new content. Probably would hold back until day 3 or 4, but would not watch vids on YT, because I rather play the game myself than watching others play their games...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I have been really good at waiting for massive sales but nk was an exception so we will see if i can hold off this time too or not. If it is a sw pack then there won't be any tough decisions to make because that is something i am sure i dont want to buy.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Day 1
    Huh. Yeah I can’t say without knowing what it is. This poll made me hunt around for an announcement. I’m like did I miss it...lol
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Day 1
    Opening statement: If the next game pack is a theme you like :)
    Day 1
    Opening statement: If the next game pack is a theme you like :)

Sorry only had 2 hours sleep so yeah missing a lot lol
    Day 1
    Day 1 if I’m interested in the theme. Actually I don’t know it depends if they offer enough content for the price.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    If me or the kids are interested in it will wait til able to bundle it unless the kids want to pay for it then will buy after have made all mod updates
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Day 1
    I always do this. I'm weak.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited August 2020
    I am not buying the next game pack.
    I buy everything I like on Day 1*, but I don't think this will be a gamepack I'll like, unless it's an actual theme park for our Sims. I wait for super sales with everything I don't really need like Strangerville or Vampires.

Star Wars and Space is actually a theme I consider not buying at all unless it brings something I REALLY REALLY need for my family gameplay.

*I sometimes wait until all of my mods are updated. ;)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    None of the above, I'll get it on sale, whenever that is.

(Unless the pack turns out to be something I want even more than I wanted Realm of Magic, but I can't even imagine what that could be.)
  • MrsC1990MrsC1990 Posts: 44 Member
    Day 1
    We'll be buying on day 1 regardless, but we are hyped in case it is space/star wars themed :)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2020
    Lol

I'm probably not buying tbh. I have better things to spend my money on, rather than a GP that I'll lightly use for a week and then forget. Not to mention that if it's a Star Wars promotional pack for Disney, I'll be even less interested. I can already see them recycle the sword animations from the acting career to make lightsaber "battles" lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Day 1
    I'm really hoping beyond hope that it's Werewolves.
    However, being this year's theme has been regular realism, I would be happy with Generations.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Might buy day 1 if I like it enough, but sometimes I wait until all my mods have updates/are confirmed working.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I will not buy another pack of any kind, no matter how much I may want to, until the issues that have not been addressed are fixed. Its not right that they have not fixed, gardening, NAPs still being voted even when you have it disabled in gameplay options, Eco Footprint not working right, how when you finally get it to green if you travel to especially another town or neighborhood it changes to neutral and then if you're lucky it may go back soon but takes days, and then even if you dont travel it does all of that anyway.

All of my games have been new ones, Im not using a mod to fix things broken anymore, had to do that for my vampires too much for too long before they FINALLY fixed them ( some), they need to fix these issues, as well as being able to take care of your toddlers. I wont play my game where my Sim is having Vlad's baby yet until its fixed, why should i? I really dont want to have to use cheats to give the toddler skills, the game should work as it is supposed to. Rushing out another pack to try to make people forget how upset they are or have been about those is not right.

We all pay good money to play this game, I know I meant it when I said before I wont buy anything else until its working right. I know some things will never be fixed, but major things like those mentioned have to ve.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I'm really hoping beyond hope that it's Werewolves.
    However, being this year's theme has been regular realism, I would be happy with Generations.

I'd take both :) even though i am not much of an occult fan. But EVERYTHING is better than scifi or star wars ^^

Still hoping it's the theme park for our Sims...
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    I will not buy because im going to have my baby! <3 This week or the next. No time for sims right now! But if it was a farm pack or a pack that gives sims more personality or something I would buy
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/