Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A patch, a patch, a patch........I hope....

Comments

• adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    One thing I hope they fix is San Myushino's apartment visitors who have trouble talking. For example, an apartment resident has visitors from another town, every thing is fine. But if their visitor is another apartment resident they seem to talk like this:

"It was a... Hmm. We went for... Ha!. And then we... (gestures silently). After that we... Hmm. We got... Ha!"
    2quwd7.gif

• iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    That’s a vocal track bug that’s been out since CL was released on PC and they haven’t fixed it. It’s the neighbor sorting through mail voice track and it gets stuck. Can’t say I’m surprised it’s still there since release. Haha
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    A ton of EL bugs you didn't have before/during EL's release pop in during release of Nifty Knitting. It's the norm.
    When are we going to get the patch that fixes all these crashing problems?

Try to return to the World map after playing a household (regardless for how long or how short), it crashes.
    Attempt to play a household after being in Build mode on another lot, it crashes.

Many of my households that I want to play, it's like the game doesn't even attempt to load it. It's seems it's more of a case of "Nah, don't feel like playing this one so why bother?" As soon as the loading bar completes, the game crashes. It even does it sometimes on new households that worked fine for the first couple of days.
    2quwd7.gif

Last night my game crashed when saving it. When I went back into it, I noticed that I had lost about 30 minutes of play time.

Honestly, when is EA going to fix these crashing problems?????
    2quwd7.gif

Never. That’s why I stopped playing and started playing other games worth my money and time. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Just started facing the reality and truth of the developers/EA. They’re not very good.
    I'd hate to say it but I was nearly on the verge of tears tonight.

I went to play one of my favorite households tonight, one that has worked perfectly ever since my beloved character Brigitta got married almost 3 years ago, and it caused the game to crash. 3 Times. And I can't understand why it happened. :'(:'(

My playable households are dwindling and I have no idea why and EA won't even fix these crash errors.

I guess my Dad was right. This game has no competition so EA has no incentive to fix any problems. Why spend money fixing them when they can easily put all their effort into making a new game pack that WILL make them money?
    2quwd7.gif

• _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Another patch has been released. It doesn't seem to scratch the surface of what has been said here though.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    I am curious as to why they are releasing so many useless patches? I don’t think they’ve done serial patches like this before. Kinda weird...
    Why is EA becoming known as a company where its games are full of bugs that never seem to get fixed:

- Medal of Honor (2010)
    - Medal of Honor Warfighter
    - Sims 4
    - FIFA 20

The company was never liked this. It seems as the years go by, they become so full of themselves that they don't mind their games being so full of bugs. But if there was a rival game to Sims that was far more polished and you could so much more with it, watch how quickly EA will make sure Sims ran without hitches.
    2quwd7.gif

• _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    edited August 2020
    But if there was a rival game to Sims that was far more polished and you could so much more with it, watch how quickly EA will make sure Sims ran without hitches.

Did you notice how simple it was for EA/Maxis to impliment moving windows are doors off axis after it was said that Paralives had that feature? Coincidence?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    I don’t think they take the game seriously. Lack of rival games means they are open to screw around and add whatever they feel like. Only there for a paycheck it seems.
    Installed the latest patch and noticed when I click on my Sims' relationship screen, try to scroll through them but after the second line it just jumps to the last line.

Also, tried to load one of my households in Oasis Springs and none of them will load for some reason. The only thing I can remember is that I entered Build mode on the museum lot to build a home and I'm not if it was that that suddenly caused all the households in that world to become unloadable. Bloody stupid if it did.

EA... FIX IT!!
    2quwd7.gif

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited August 2020
    Have you tried deleting your autosave? It may be corrupted , especially if it's an old save you have, I do get a little bit of crashing now and again but not even as close to how much yours is, I am able too travel, switch families 99% of the time and go into build & buy multiple times at a time without crashing @adamclark83
    Post edited by Nikkih on
    How do you delete the autosave?

Also, how does it explain why suddenly many of my households won't load? One day they do, the next they don't.
    2quwd7.gif

edited August 2020
    You go into your application data in settings then go too application saved data then delete it will come up all your game files , go into your sims 4 file, your autosave will be in there, it is certainly weird but I think its autosave that is the issue for ps4 @adamclark83
    edited August 2020
    Hatched a theory on how auto save breaks the game. Auto save obviously saves over from a number of different saves you have. Over time auto save bloats overwriting collecting data over and over causing the game to corrupt. Deleting it will remedy it for a time until it builds up from saving so much. Again just a theory of mine..
    You could possibly be right and that does make sense @iamoz96 , I would say anyone having alot of crashing, too delete the autosave file and see how your game works after, considering it's rather mixed some people are crashing much more than others, its definitely worth a try
    edited August 2020
    Ever since I first started playing this game back in Nov 2017, I have created many Sims I have grown to love, some of which has developed a long family line. My lovely Sim Penny for instance. She is happily married, has 7 daughters, many grand-daughters, great-granddaughters and even descendants. I don't want to lose all of this all because EA can't be bothered making sure this game works properly each and every time.

Also, with the latest patches, why did EA remove the ability to rotate Sims in CAS?
    2quwd7.gif

• ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    @adamclark83 Did they remove the rotation ability or is it a bug? The ability to rotate in cas comes and goes for me.
    When I was in CAS the other night with my Sim Clara Su, I clicked the L3 button to check all the commands and the right analogue stick wasn't even on the list. That stick was used to rotate the Sim.
    2quwd7.gif

edited August 2020
    I was in cas for about 30 minutes then L1 R1 stopped working right as I was picking traits. Also culdn't open my restaurant because you need those buttons to hire additional staff.

Edit: Looks like my buttons are working again. Now I can hire other employees not just the chef.
    Post edited by Reaganbogan on
    It’s really hard to play with this amount of lag 🤔
    I've crashed a few times this week after being crash free for a couple of weeks. In an old save I just started up, some of the residential lots changed to community lots? It was so strange because I played the families everything was fine, then after leaving and coming back to the game the lot type changed. So the game crashed while I was bulldozing lots or saving those families.

And because my game had been running smooth I bought JA and NK...now I've crashed traveling around Selvadorada. Looks like the team still needs to find more memory for this game :/
  • Ace150Ace150 Posts: 5 New Member
    It’s been awhile and I haven’t had any crashes on my current save file. My game used to crash constantly in my old save file. I think the main cause of the crashes was having a lot of households (under 150). In my current save file, I keep the amount of households to a minimum and it hasn’t crashed once.