Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened EA???

What happened EA? Last year, this game was amazing:

1. Every single household in all worlds played perfectly all the time, first go.
2. You could travel as often as you wanted. No problem.
3. While playing a household, you could enter Build mode or CAS, make necessary changes and exit back into Live mode. No problem.
4. The game would crash only once in a blue moon.

The game was perfect!! I could play for hours with no problems. But then, ever since last year's December patch and the "Discover Universities" pack:

1. All households in Del Sol Valley, WIndenberg, Brindleton Bay now won't load. Many elsewhere now won't, including Oasis Springs where many of my favourite Sims reside. My precious Brigitta. :'(:'(
2. Enter Build mode or CAS during playing a household, exit back into Live mode and it crashes.
3. Go to travel, it crashes.
4. Go to play a household after being in Build mode on another lot, it crashes.

So I ask you EA, what happened to my beloved game and my precious Sims I have come to adore???
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    I play on ps4 it has never crashed
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Does this happen to you if you start a new save?

From what I understand they are always facing risks with the game crashing for people every time they add new content. I think they added a lot of new changes with Discover University and Eco Lifestyle which caused the game to crash for a lot of people...especially those that play on older saves.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2020
    If you are on console my sister plays on ps4 and still cannot travel till this day without crashing or going into build mode. Her sims barely leave the house. And it started a while ago. We never figured out the problem. I think the ps4 cannot handle it personally.

They even said they addressed this issue in a patch but didn't work
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    If you are on console my sister plays on ps4 and still cannot travel till this day without crashing or going into build mode. Her sims barely leave the house. And it started a while ago. We never figured out the problem. I think the ps4 cannot handle it personally.

If you are on PC I have never heard of this.

That sounds really bad. There are some troubleshooting on Answer HQ, I'm not sure if these will help.
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    The devs haven’t even acknowledged the issue. It’s possible they don’t know how to fix their own mess. Even without all the packs installed it still crashes.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I've been crashing consistently since April on ps4. Same issues with going in/out of bb or cas. I can get a couple of hours of playtime if I also don't travel or use the tripod much.

I've had the game for about 2 years now with most of the packs. Very sad I can't create my own stories right now.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member

How is this possible?

What I think EA needs to do is find out why some people experience the same problems but others don't.
    2quwd7.gif

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited August 2020
    the ps4 can handle this game, its built for games, if it can handle games with massive open worlds and amazing graphics even better than the sims 4 it can, I personally think it's the autosave that the playstation doesn't like and I think maybe its something we either have too do without or everytime our game is getting too crashy to delete our autosave to refresh it
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    the ps4 can handle this game, its built for games, if it can handle games with massive open worlds and amazing graphics even better than the sims 4 it can, I personally think it's the autosave that the playstation doesn't like and I think maybe its something we either have too do without or everytime our game is getting too crashy to delete our autosave to refresh it

I have run into other games that the Xbox crashes because of autosaves. I think some of the software developers are not aware of or misunderstand the autosave function on consoles when the code the game.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited August 2020
    I think the developers should just get rid of autosave for us console players ,99 problems less without it lol it's not that important 😂
  • Dan20153Dan20153 Posts: 9 New Member
    there are bugs that were never fixed by the devs that really need fixing
  • ObiwanxKannoliObiwanxKannoli Posts: 19 Member
    I play on xbox and have only had it crash once, but since it updated it takes forever to load in or travel. I have an external hard drive so I know it's not a memory issue.
  • eternaleebeternaleeb Posts: 7 New Member
    > @ObiwanxKannoli said:
    > I play on xbox and have only had it crash once, but since it updated it takes forever to load in or travel. I have an external hard drive so I know it's not a memory issue.
    I always thought it was a memory issue. I play on xbox & I kept rotating packs thinking that it was just taking up too much space. My game crashes ALOT. To the point where I've lost numerous builds (regardless of how much I save.) I have another bug that makes all my more full figured sims skinny when you zoom out, lol. Not necessarily a deal breaker, but annoying.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member

I play on PlayStation, too, and the game hasn't crashed for me either. The only issue I have is the time it takes to get in game from start menu - I timed it. It took me... 6 minutes and 28 seconds.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧