Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ALL MODs Have Stopped Working!

LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
I stopped playing SIMS for a couple of months due to personal issues and I come back to see that no matter what I do none of my MODs load in the game. I do have the option check marked and I have the newest versions of all 300+ MODs refuse to load. I even tried downloading new MODs that I don't really want, to test, but nothing loads. Has EA banned custom content???

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hello.
    Go to game options and check again that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that. Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if your cc /mods is there.

If you still have issues, move your mods folder to the desktop. Start the game , and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if they appear.
    Make sure that you only have one resource.cfg file in the mods folder.
  • Quess_is_BakedQuess_is_Baked Posts: 129 Member
    LexLennon wrote: »
    I stopped playing SIMS for a couple of months due to personal issues and I come back to see that no matter what I do none of my MODs load in the game. I do have the option check marked and I have the newest versions of all 300+ MODs refuse to load. I even tried downloading new MODs that I don't really want, to test, but nothing loads. Has EA banned custom content???

No EA has not banned custom content, I doubt they ever would either. That said, since you've updated your mods and have the custom content box checked, as well as the allow scripted mods I assume, you may need to repair your game via origin and see if that works.
  • ItsJustMimi_XXItsJustMimi_XX Posts: 1 New Member
    Ummmm ya I'm suffering with the same problem and have tried all of these things, and yet my mods aren't working. I've already deleted a whole set of mods and had to get new ones and it still doesn't fix the problem. I'm really confused and any suggestion would help!!!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    edited February 2018
    Ummmm ya I'm suffering with the same problem and have tried all of these things, and yet my mods aren't working. I've already deleted a whole set of mods and had to get new ones and it still doesn't fix the problem. I'm really confused and any suggestion would help!!!

Hello @ItsJustMimi_XX
    There has been many mods broken by the patch.
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935494/broken-mods-jungle-adventure-feb-2018
    If you have any of these mods it would be best to remove the old versions and install the updated versions.

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder in the Sims 4 folder . Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the folder.
    Then test to see if the mods/cc appear.

Do you use One Drive? If you do it could also be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead. One Drive can cause issues, It would be best to unsync One Drive and Sims 4.
    If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.
  • Amora_AmoAmora_Amo Posts: 1 New Member
    The initial suggestion worked for me.
    1. Remove the Mods folder from your game file to your desktop (drag and drop)
    2. Launch the game (a new Mods folder will be auto-created after you do this)
    3. Exit the game and open the game file
    4. Copy all of your Mods from the folder on your desktop
    5. Paste the mods into the new Mods folder in your game file
    Relaunch the game and your Mods should now be present.
    This was the initial suggestion and it worked for me; all I did was break it down step by step. ^_^
  • duhitzlivyduhitzlivy Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having a similar problem except whenever (ever since the recent january 2020 patch) I go into Build & Buy Mode, nothing turns up except a grid and you cannot go back into the game without exiting, none of the tools at the top or even the information at about the lot in the top left corner shows up. I thought it may have had something to do with my script mods, so i removed them and went back into the game. the same thing happened, build mode was not working. Can someone please help me i have no idea what to do next. I have repaired my game twice now.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    duhitzlivy wrote: »
    I am having a similar problem except whenever (ever since the recent january 2020 patch) I go into Build & Buy Mode, nothing turns up except a grid and you cannot go back into the game without exiting, none of the tools at the top or even the information at about the lot in the top left corner shows up. I thought it may have had something to do with my script mods, so i removed them and went back into the game. the same thing happened, build mode was not working. Can someone please help me i have no idea what to do next. I have repaired my game twice now.

@duhitzlivy , that sounds like the UI mod issue. Have you tried repairing your game?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    duhitzlivy wrote: »

Update your mods. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/971447/broken-updated-mods-cc-tiny-living-jan-2020
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Tigerlilly2245Tigerlilly2245 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've had this problem with the Sims 3. Replacing the folders works really well, along with deleting scriptcashe log