Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ANOTHER Competitor to The Sims 5?!?? People of the Newbery

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Has anybody heard anything about Paradox Techtonic Studio lately. They don't seem to be offering any jobs from what I can see but if anyone is interested in one there, there's a page for that.

https://paradox-interactive.teamtailor.com/connect?department=tectonic-studio

They've gone so quiet one wonders what on earth they are up to, or if anything at all, no rumours, nuffink! B)
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Has anybody heard anything about Paradox Techtonic Studio lately. They don't seem to be offering any jobs from what I can see but if anyone is interested in one there, there's a page for that.

https://paradox-interactive.teamtailor.com/connect?department=tectonic-studio

They've gone so quiet one wonders what on earth they are up to, or if anything at all, no rumours, nuffink! B)

That's a wise move though, don't you think? With the hiring, they did a lot of it when they were forming the game studio last year.

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    At least they appreciate your thread
    The first article about the game from the first fans, it's very cool!

https://vk.com/wall577854192_61
  • Options
    At least they appreciate your thread
    The first article about the game from the first fans, it's very cool!

https://vk.com/wall577854192_61

That's great!

• Options
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    I'm still waiting for news of Vie (coming 2018)

We can't assume right away that it will follow the path of Vie. Besides, it's not like we've already put money into this. In the meantime, I think it would be good to encourage the dev to make it the very best it can be.

Wasn't a a thing with Vie they only had two bad photoshop pictures, and a logo.
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for news of Vie (coming 2018)

We can't assume right away that it will follow the path of Vie. Besides, it's not like we've already put money into this. In the meantime, I think it would be good to encourage the dev to make it the very best it can be.

Wasn't a a thing with Vie they only had two bad photoshop pictures, and a logo.

I don't know why Vie was mentioned on this thread by @LeGardePourpre then?

• Options
    Just I hope the game will be LGBT friendly.

The Sims 4 is M-rated in Russia.

It probably will be, but might not be an emphasis as a selling point.

• Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    not interested. Still don't do justice to darker hues
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    The game developer posted this information on his Discord Channel today
    YooToday at 4:02 PM
    Many people ask why the game will not support mods?
    The game will not support mods to maintain good game optimization, many people have already seen bugs in the Sims 3 and Sims4 game due to mods.

What can I offer in return?
    You will get a lot of content at the beginning of the game, clothes, hairstyles, furniture, house styles, and more. I will add new game DLC to the game and release them for free every 3 months.

There will be paid DLC with new cities and resorts for the price of $ 7.

At the beginning of the game you can get a completely new city, 2 resorts and a farm.

The approximate size of the game at the start is 50 GB

Here's a summary of the FAQ

Questions and answers

When will the game be released?
    Approximate release date Q3 2021

Is this an online game?
    The game was originally created for an online mode for up to 6 players, but you can also play it without an Internet connection.

Where will the game be sold?
    The game will appear in the Epic Games Store.

What platforms will the game be available on?
    At the start, the game will be available on PC, after a while on Xbox and PS.

Is there a beta version and can I become a tester?
    Yes, we will conduct 3 tests of the game, you can submit a request and get the opportunity to try out the game for free.

Does the game support user-generated content?
    No, the game will not support user content, for the sake of maximum performance and product quality. We will offer you a large amount of content at the beginning of the game and Supplement it with free game sets.

What language will the game support?
    English
    French
    German
    Polish
    Russian
    Chinese

Only one Newbury city will be available in the game?
    No, the game will have a large global map with different countries and cities, but you can only visit them as a tourist, build your own house and live only in Newbury.

What are the requirements for my computer to run the game?
    Unreal engine 4 technology allows you to flexibly customize the game's graphics and performance. This makes it possible to run games on almost any computer.

Minimum requirement:
    Processor: 2 cores 4 threads
    RAM: 4 GB
    Video memory: 1 GB
    Disk space: from 50 GB

• Options
    edited August 2020
    The game will not support mods to maintain good game optimization, many people have already seen bugs in the Sims 3 and Sims4 game due to mods.

You will get a lot of content at the beginning of the game, clothes, hairstyles, furniture, house styles, and more. I will add new game DLC to the game and release them for free every 3 months.

At the beginning of the game you can get a completely new city, 2 resorts and a farm.

Questions and answers

Is this an online game?
    The game was originally created for an online mode for up to 6 players, but you can also play it without an Internet connection.

Yes, we will conduct 3 tests of the game, you can submit a request and get the opportunity to try out the game for free.

No, the game will not support user content, for the sake of maximum performance and product quality. We will offer you a large amount of content at the beginning of the game and Supplement it with free game sets.

English
    French
    German
    Polish
    Russian
    Chinese

No, the game will have a large global map with different countries and cities, but you can only visit them as a tourist, build your own house and live only in Newbury.

Unreal engine 4 technology allows you to flexibly customize the game's graphics and performance. This makes it possible to run games on almost any computer.

Minimum requirement:

I like that it will already have 2 resorts and a farm at the very beginning!!!

I'm glad that I'm going to get a new computer when I get back to the States. 50gb of disk space in my old computer would have been too much!

He also mentioned city. I'm hoping he means like Bridgeport in TS3 which had an urban area with tall buildings and apartments, and more suburban areas with houses, more middleclass and more affluent too.

I also like that it will have free DLC and the paid DLCs are set at a good price!

The video on animals mentioned in the description that there will be a zoo!

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Oh, wow, I love the graphics so much! I really hope this game happens!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Questions and answers

Is this an online game?

English
    French
    German
    Polish
    Russian
    Chinese

Minimum requirement:

I'm glad that I'm going to get a new computer when I get back to the States. 50gb of disk space in my old computer would have been too much!

He also mentioned city. I'm hoping he means like Bridgeport in TS3 which had an urban area with tall buildings and apartments, and more suburban areas with houses, more middleclass and more affluent too.

I also like that it will have free DLC and the paid DLCs are set at a good price!

I disagree.....mods HELPED TS4 LOL not broke it further.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Online multiplayer and no mod, a lot of people complained about it if it's the case of The Sims 5.
  • Options

Questions and answers

Is this an online game?

English
    French
    German
    Polish
    Russian
    Chinese

Minimum requirement:

I disagree.....mods HELPED TS4 LOL not broke it further.

Lol, I know what you mean, but I think he may be thinking of those poorly made ones or what happens when the game gets a new pack or patch that makes the mods incompatible until the modders update their mods to the latest game version. He may want to avoid all that to keep the game playable for everyone rather than have the players wait for all their mods to be updated.

I just like that there are more life simulation games coming out. We can already see the variations among them, and all this is injecting fresh ideas into the genre! I love this!

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Online multiplayer and no mod, a lot of people complained about it if it's the case of The Sims 5.
    I do like mods. Makes Minecraft and Stardew Valley fun to play with them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    People asked about Occults on Discord. He said he hadn't thought about it and wanted to know if people wanted it more realistic world or with invented vampires and werewolves.

He also said this:
    "You can add urban legends about vampires and werewolves, but if the player learns more about it, he will understand that all werewolves and vampires are real people who play the role of vampires. the player may also be asked to play the role of a vampire, but all this will not be true"

When asked if the townies would have background stories, he said:
    "I will add a small plot, random events and interesting quests to the game. You will be able to learn the history of some of the inhabitants of Newbery."
  • Options

I expect more from the Sims franchise though since it has a 20 year history. This game is a fresh start for this dev.

• Options
    People asked about Occults on Discord. He said he hadn't thought about it and wanted to know if people wanted it more realistic world or with invented vampires and werewolves.

He also said this:
    "You can add urban legends about vampires and werewolves, but if the player learns more about it, he will understand that all werewolves and vampires are real people who play the role of vampires. the player may also be asked to play the role of a vampire, but all this will not be true"

When asked if the townies would have background stories, he said:
    "I will add a small plot, random events and interesting quests to the game. You will be able to learn the history of some of the inhabitants of Newbery."

Ah, I see! This game is much more realistic than The Sims. It's true what he says though, the urban legends that rose up about vampires and werewolves were based on real people.

I think I should join his Discord page. I would like to know what my characters can do and expect visiting the other places in the world. Would like to see random events, interesting quests and history of each place and its people as well.

• Options
    If the basegame has plenty of content, then I'm fine with no CC. I don't normally use mods unless it's to "fix" stuff.

And, this is not a true "multiplayer" game like WoW where you'll be playing with hundreds of people. From what I read it's only for 5 of your friends to play together.

I'm so super excited about it!! I'll be a stalker of his Discord now! Absolutely love the graphics and more realistic look!

• Options
    edited August 2020
    How many characters can I control (rotational play ?) ?
    How many life stages will be available (baby , toddler, child, ...) ?
    Can we adjust the height of the character ?
    Can we share the creations ?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Interesting whether Sims 5 goes online or offline, they are going to have at least one competitor which has me excited with no more monopoly.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    How many characters can I control (rotational play ?) ?

How many life stages will be available (baby , toddler, child, ...) ?

From the teaser, I saw a tricycle, so there's definitely a toddler/young child stage. From the way the description is worded, it sounds like you can control how the town is set up, including families, but we'll see more as it progresses.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Do they plan to add more skintones ?

A lot of Black skins are missing in the preview

9s9a6him71ah.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top