Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Body Hair ~ Yes or No?

Comments

• gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    5/10
    I am a bit 50/50 about this situation. I think that body hair would be good with werewolves, but I know that I would NEVER download body hair as CC anyways.
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    1/10
    I really don't care about body hair.
    Obviously, I won't mind if they add it, but I will never use it.
  • MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    1/10
    I personally don't like body hair, so definitely a "yeuch, no!" from me.
    However, it ain't a deal-breaker. If it was added I just wouldn't use it (and would modify the heck out of any townies that appeared with it 😂)
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    10/10
    I use CC body hair. Hairless male sims make me uncomfortable for some reason. They look too much like Ken dolls and I hate it.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    9/10
    I'm using CC that looks very nice, and I doubt EA version would look any better, so I'm actually not missing it as a EA thing.

Anything that make sims a bit diverse is welcome. Body hair is one such thing, and I even have extra DNA telling me whether a sim should have body hair or not (3 grades). This way I also remember to adding it ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    3/10
    I don't mind if they provide it but I wouldn't use it myself. I wouldn't want to force my preferences on anyone else.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I would love body hair as an option (IF it was done good and didn't look like someone took a sharpie and drew it on, but done realistically)

That was my one complaint with the body hair for TS3. They always looked to me like candy sprinkles. Your example, of course, is much more accurate! :D
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    10/10
    I love body hair! I'm currently using CC body hair, but I would love to see it added to the game.
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    10/10
    Absolutely. This is the no.1 CaS thing I want.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    10/10
    I had voted in the past and it's so fortunate that you guys resurrected this thread, because some of the CC Body Hair options I used to use aren't working that well due to the new patches and I've been hoping the dev team will put them in an update soon(ish). Fingers crossed! I need occult creatures in The Sims 4, but nothing could compate to realism (stretch marks, more scars, body freckles e.t.c).
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    10/10
    It's funny, just last week I was creating a new male sim and while I was choosing his clothes I found myself wishing he could have just a bit of chest hair - it would've looked so good peeking out of the shirt I had just chosen.

I'd like a range, though, and have it be optional. A little chest hair through to a lot, and bare chest and only that bit down from the navel. I'd also like to choose exactly what I wanted by making everything optional, chest, abdomen, armpits, back, legs, upper and lower arms. I wanna make my sim my own way, I don't need absolute reality (people do shave areas after all). Oh, and let us choose the color, please.

And, last of all, give us a heavier stubble option, with the ability to have stubble with a beard, mustache, etc.

They probably won't ever do any of this though - I mean, I can see them sitting there looking at the groin area and saying...uh, boss, what do you want us to do there?
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    9/10
    I'm in favor of it. It would be nice if it could be applied like freckles (as something genetic) but on the body slot like tattoos. Arm hair, leg hair, underarm hair, back hair, chest hair, etc. Some people are hairy so it would lead to more realism.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    10/10
    @Isharell wrote: »
    They probably won't ever do any of this though - I mean, I can see them sitting there looking at the groin area and saying...uh, boss, what do you want us to do there?

They're wearing underwear though. Vanilla players will only see mosaic whenever the sim isn't wearing anything. TS3 handled it fine, although the actual hair didn't look that great. At the moment I'm very happy with the cc version for TS4 and if body hair is ever added in an update, but it doesn't look as good, I'll stick to the mod. At least it covers everything. :p
    @Suceress wrote: »
    I'm in favor of it. It would be nice if it could be applied like freckles (as something genetic) but on the body slot like tattoos. Arm hair, leg hair, underarm hair, back hair, chest hair, etc. Some people are hairy so it would lead to more realism.

As long as the Body hair option gets its own menu I'd be happy with many different slots.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    10/10
    @Isharell wrote: »

They're wearing underwear though. Vanilla players will only see mosaic whenever the sim isn't wearing anything. TS3 handled it fine, although the actual hair didn't look that great. At the moment I'm very happy with the cc version for TS4 and if body hair is ever added in an update, but it doesn't look as good, I'll stick to the mod. At least it covers everything. :p

Slaps forehead! You're right, I never thought of that!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2020
    10/10
    Absolutely! Tired of using alpha cc on sims for body hair :/ There is no maxis match for it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    10/10
    Yes, at least leg, chest and arm hair in order of importance for me. I'm using a total of ONE mod in this game and its' for body hair.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • EVANGELlNEEVANGELlNE Posts: 51 Member
    5/10
    As someone who has been commissioned to draw male body hair.. This topic title made me laugh.

I do think adding body hair would be a realistic representation of how people are in real life. We're obviously not all hairless wee-borns, and even infants have peach fuzz--but who would be the judge of how much hair is too much? xD I can almost see the sims body shaving features: "Shave Hairy Back."

Anyways I rate this 5/10, as in sure body hair may be a good idea, but not to the point where we're Cousin it... Werewolves are ok.
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    9/10
    Wasn't there body hair in the Sims 3? I hope they bring back some of the Sims 3 mechanics for sims 5
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    10/10
    As someone who has been commissioned to draw male body hair.. This topic title made me laugh.

As in, CC Commissioned for TS4, or as in...a lot of body hair on a lot of paper?
    10/10
    Wasn't there body hair in the Sims 3? I hope they bring back some of the Sims 3 mechanics for sims 5

Yes, but I can't remember if it was in the base game when it launched. I do think it was in the base game eventually though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    10/10
    Not to get Off Topic, but I had to laugh at this mod I saw last night .... where sims can grow a beard.
    Growing a beard comes with challenges, namely that of almost unbearable itchiness!! After a few days of stubble, sims with low hygiene may start to feel itchy and a bit miserable. A trim, shave, shower, or bath will bring much relief.

(Available for both genders)

https://modthesims.info/d/631100/automatic-beards-v4-4.html
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    10/10
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

Yes, but I can't remember if it was in the base game when it launched. I do think it was in the base game eventually though.

If memory serves, body hair (men only) was patched into the base game alongside Late Night’s release.

I really do wish we get this feature for both sexes through a patch soon!
    10/10
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

If memory serves, body hair (men only) was patched into the base game alongside Late Night’s release.

I really do wish we get this feature for both sexes through a patch soon!

Ah okay, I was thinking it was patched later. Less than a year and a half after release. Not bad. And here we are nearly 6 years after Sims 4 released....
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    8/10
    Although the popular cc body hairs already look too perfect I doubt maxis can make a better looking one
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    8/10
    I would like to see body hair. It can be a free update to the base game with a warewolf pack. I probably wouldn't buy a warewolf pack.