Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan Thanks for the link :smile: March 2017 seems like a life time away now!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Yes, it sure does. Lost both my parents and my hubby since then. A lot of heartache and now this pandemic and unrest over here. It sure makes me glad I can lose myself playing sims.
    @bekkasan for the lockdown was freedom as it was the longest I had been off work since 2011. Now I have been back at work for other a week I feel I have made a step backwards. I need something new in my life :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @bekkasan Thanks :smile: Well today was a slightly better day in the end. I just hope that I get my birthday off work
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Adam's Quest

Alice talks to Dedric about the insects needed to use in the genie potion. She asks him to extract DNA from a few of the rare insects in her collection. She hopes he can successfully clone the insects so they can save the originals. She must remember to call her mother and thank her for those rare insects she collected and gifted to Alice before she married and moved. Dedric successfully clones each insect needed so she can attempt to make the potion. Dedric has become quite the expert at cloning and rarely has a mishap...except for making potions at the chemistry set.
    50025066508_697c7d58d9_o.jpg
    50025869032_d0e6915206_o.jpg
    50025868862_f6e266892f_o.jpg

Wisteria broke the trash compactor while cleaning up. If you break it, you fix it. She shrank down into her pixie state and crawled into the trash to fix it. What a brave thing for such a timid fairy to do.
    50025868937_0179364f1d_o.jpg
    50025066353_1296265809_o.jpg

After hearing about the strange dream Wisteria had Jennifer decides she and Drew are staying in the big house. Dedric set up one of the toddler beds in the guest room. She finishes her blog on the computer in the science lab and Alice reads the potion book once more to make sure she has all the ingredients, the timing, and the spells for creating Jennifer's potion. Alice gets ready for bed and then checks to see if Jennifer needs anything.
    50083551948_24085cb32f_o.jpg
    50111501616_9079471bfb_o.jpg
    50025066228_fb1bb62ef6_o.jpg

It's an eerie morning with the red clouds shimmering as the sun rises over the treetops. Dedric chats with Jadeth about the garden and has his dragon help with the harvesting. The dragon harvested all the crops and that gives Dedric more time to play with Willow. Willow rises early so Dedric takes her out with him to do his gardening chores.
    50025868737_e7ac71af11_o.jpg
    50025608341_e9a2dc17aa_o.jpg
    50025066118_337006947a_o.jpg

Adam and Marshall backtrack into the woods and turn to the west taking a route that will lead them to another mountain pass. It will take longer to travel but they have no choice because of the rock slide. Coming out of the woods Adam spies the remains of a cottage. "This used to be a rustic cottage. I wonder what happened to it and the man who lived here. Sometimes I would see him fishing in the lake nearby. I would fish at one end and he would be on the other side of the lake. He must have noticed my ragged clothing because I found some kid-size clothing on his clothesline one day even though no kid lived here. It was still there the next day so I figured it was meant for me. Sometimes fruit would be left on the porch at night. A few times a chocolate bar. That was a great treat! That's when I realized that not all humans were mean to wolves as I had been told my whole life. I wish I had not been afraid of getting too close to him to thank him for the gifts. I did catch and clean fish and leave them on the porch for him. I was a better fisherman than him and it saved him having to walk back and forth from the lake. He seemed to be quite elderly to me at the time."
    50044278233_0427bb8dc4_o.jpg
    50044842006_ce612d1aa8_o.jpg

Just down the hill was the small lake. They stopped and fished and grilled their catch for lunch, saving some of the fish for later. Marshall pulled a treat out of his backpack and they enjoyed roasted marshmallows for dessert.
    50044278008_594e828019_o.jpg
    50044841716_1f653686e8_o.jpg
    50044277703_c5d278cecc_o.jpg

"We better call the girls because once we cross the mountain we may not have service. Make sure you tell Jennifer so she won't get upset not hearing from you. I had already warned Alice the service might get iffy in the mountains and valleys so she won't call Victor to start hunting for us."
    They both enjoy chatting with their mates and hearing about the festival that has come to town. They hope it will still be there when they return home as it sounds fun.
    50045098957_3074ccd19e_o.jpg
    50045098872_f8a80cd3a1_o.jpg

With a last look at the remains of the cottage, Adam and Marshall find the path over the rocks and begin the long trek over the mountains.
    50045098707_34f493cc36_o.jpg
    50044277583_ac19abc379_o.jpg
    @bekkasan Is the remains of the cottage a neighbourhood object or rabbithole?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    edited July 2020
    @bekkasan Yay for new story update! I always get excited. :smiley:
    Boy how did all those insects survive during all those years since Alice and Adam got married. ;) She must have taken very good care of them. :blush:
    Woo hoo to Dedric being able to clone all of them! :star:
    If you break it, you fix it.
    ^Yup!
    I didn't realize Fairy's could fix items in their fairy form like that. :grin: You can see I still have so much to learn about Supernatural. ;)
    I don't blame Jennifer for choosing to have Drew and her stay in the big house after Wisteria's strange dream. (Did she and Alice's bellies grow a little since the last update? :smirk: )
    Thanks for letting me know where to find that daybed! <3 I've been meaning to search for one in the past, but obviously forgot. :confounded:
    I forgot green Dragons harvest crops! That's SO nice! :)
    Aww, Willow looks so happy having some playtime with daddy. <3 (Dedric looks really happy too).
    Adam and Marshall! <3
    Aww, how sweet of that older man in the cottage to recognize little Adam in the woods and share clothes and food with him, despite the fact that Adam is a werewolf. <3 We need more of that love and care for others - especially those who are different than us - in this world today. 👍
    Sometimes fruit would be left on the porch at night. A few times a chocolate bar. That was a great treat!
    ^When I read this I instantly thought of my wonderful Biology teacher back in 9th grade. :blush: We were buddies and in 10th grade I became his teachers aide. Sometimes when I would arrive to do my teacher's aide duties, I would check a little storage compartment - which I think it was meant to hold old floppy disks - and there'd be a candy bar waiting for me in there. :blush: Golly, why am I getting teary-eyed just thinking about that? I guess it's because I wonder how he's doing and those were the good old days. <3 If I forgot to check the compartment he would always ask me if I had in that silly way that he would. :blush: Ah memories. Anyway,
    You did one heck of an awesome job setting up the remains of that cottage! :star: How did you do it?
    Beautiful waterfall falling into that lake. And they both look so cute cooking their fish and toasting marshmallows over the fire. :)
    Aww, that smile!!! :love:
    50045098957_3074ccd19e_o.jpg
    ^I don't think I'll ever get over his hotness! <3 I think a lot of it is his blue eyes and hairstyle. LOVE that hairstyle! So sexy! I'd be curious to see how he looks with long hair and a beard. (but that doesn't mean I want him to STAY looking like that! :lol:;):kissing_heart: ) You know, just to see if he still carries his hotness, which I'm pretty sure he would. :smirk:
    Great pic of them looking towards the mountains with their backpacks. :) Onward, ever onward!
    I can't wait for more! :smiley:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

@king_of_simcity7 It is a world object in Moonlight Falls.

@emorrill Thanks so much for commenting. <3
    hehe, Alice is lucky to have a great witch Mom who managed to store all kinds of rarities in that little storage box. :lol: She's even luckier to have a scientist hubby and a scientist best friend so she doesn't have to use up her original rarities. :grin:
    Do you think you would enjoy playing a fairy? They are fun. I started with them way back when...and vampires too. Witches came next and then I started Adam as my first werewolf in 2017
    What a cool memory you had.
    The cottage is actually a world object like the abandoned factory. Moonlight falls is a fun world to wander around and see what is in the world. I discovered a lot of stuff when watching my sims collect seeds and things. I still watch them as they travel if I put them in a new world as I did for the next chapter. You never know what surprises a creator puts in the world if you don't look. :smiley:
    I will have to do a picture for you when I go back to the Ballan folder. I'm adding some cc to the test folder right now. But will put the other one in before the day is over.
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @bekkasan Good job cloning the insects, Dedric!
    Little pixie in a big trash compactor... I'm glad Wisteria managed to fix it and that she's sleeping in the house now, safe from the aliens.
    I hope Alice's potion for Jennifer will do the job.
    I like Jennifer's top and her tummy seems to be growing :) . The kid's bed is cute too.
    Lovely picture with Dedric and the dragon <3 .
    That's a sweet story of Adam and the old man. Nice to hear all people weren't mean to werewolves, and that Adam managed to return the favor in his own way :blush: .
    That's a pretty landscape behind the ruins of the cottage.
    The firepit pictures are lovely :star: .
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan : Great update!
    I wonder why Dedric works on the science station in his evening wear? Does he want to destroy it to get some new? :D
    At least he hasn´t mixed a potion, then his clothes would be torn definitely!
    Such cute pics of him with the dragon and Willow!
    Wisteria in the trash! Can you imagine how smelly it must be for such a small fairy in such a big trash can???? She is very brave!!!
    Good that the girls decided to sleep all together in the main house, hopefully the aliens can´t abduct them there!
    I hope Alice waits with turning Jennifer to a genie after the baby is born, who knows what could happen to the baby if she gets the potion before birth?
    Good that the boys phoned their spouses before they could lose connection!
    I really ask myself how they managed to take the camping chairs with them in their little ruck sacks? Are they like Hermine´s bag? Tiny from outside but fitting for everything in the inside??? :D
    What a lovely but somehow sad story about the old man who helped Adam! He, too, lived far away from the people, so he had some sad happenings in his life, too, which forced him to live alone and lonely in the woods! :'( Good that Adam paid him back some of his kindness!
    You used very good places in Moonlight Falls to take your pictures, the boys were literally everywhere in the outbacks! ;)
    I really hope that nothing bad will happen to them!!

Oh, and before I forget: new update of "The Helmquists" is ready! o:)

@meerkattime Thanks so much for the comments! :smiley:
    The tummies are growing! They are still walking normally right now.
    I enjoyed hunting a few places to take pics of them as they headed out to the mountains.
    That ruined cottage always intrigued me and it was nice to add to the story. Still a mystery as to what happened to the old man and why the cottage is in ruins.

@AlexaKry hehe, Dedric looks cute in his fairy clothes. I don't have him wear them a lot.
    Thanks so much for the comments. :smiley:
    I'd be scared to crawl around in the trash in my pixie form...if I had one.
    I didn't even try to get Jennifer to drink the potion. Just assumed the game wouldn't let her. So many things pregger sims can't do! She will wait till after the baby is born to drink it.
    hehe, yep, magical backpacks! Wish I had one to take with me on my outings.
    You will recognize the next world. I used one of the ones you told me about. Forgot the name of it at the moment. It was a long hot day working today. I'm kinda brain fogged this evening.
    I saw the notification for your story and read it already and replied. <3 Loved it.

Adam's Quest

The morning paper announces a festival in town for the summer at the town park. Even though it is a little overcast they decide to enjoy the day at the festival. They all hurry and get the kids ready and take the SUV to town. Lots of fun activities have been set up throughout the park. There is music playing lively songs over the loudspeakers and colorful balloons floating in the air. They hear lots of laughter from the others who had the same idea as them. Dedric has been teaching Willow to walk and plays with her while the others start exploring the park. Jennifer finds a cotton candy stand and just has to buy some even though she just ate breakfast.
    50025608226_3c446ef125_b.jpg
    50025868617_bb25417761_b.jpg

Drew and Fillian play in the ball pit. Fillian is ducking down under the balls and yelling boo as he comes up. Drew is practicing his throwing arm tossing the colorful balls at people passing by. They are both giggling happily.
    50025608166_d6750482ce_b.jpg

Alice smells popcorn popping and hurries to find it. She loves popcorn! She just had breakfast as well but after all, she is eating for two.
    50025608136_1b7dd926d6_b.jpg

Wisteria decides to have her face painted. She picks out the unicorn and rainbows and is pleased with the art.
    50025065978_ab7ebc78d7_b.jpg

Alice and Jennifer play hopscotch laughing together remembering those days not so long ago when they met and played hopscotch for the first time back in Midnight Hollow.
    50025608106_6a1d5c1a7e_b.jpg
    50025608016_124a121d2e_b.jpg

Dedric is so proud of his little girl learning to walk so quickly. He tosses her in the air and she giggles happily trusting her Dad to catch her. He sets her down at the block table so she can play with Kailena. Alice tells him she will watch her and he hurries off to find Wisteria.
    50025608181_c946c12a34_b.jpg

Wisteria and Dedric roller skate and after a few falls they start getting the hang of staying upright. The rink becomes quite crowded so they decide to play soccer. They are both better at soccer than skating. Wisteria is impressed with Dedric's ability to catch the soccer ball and Dedric is very impressed with her kicking ability.
    50025065763_159357f1f1_b.jpg
    50044243928_31ffec63b7_b.jpg
    50044243898_1afba81ec6_b.jpg

The Willowisp family arrives at the park and Nickolas and Anastasia hurry over to say hi and see the children. Both are stunned when they look at Alice and Jennifer who are very obviously showing their pregnancies. "Why didn't you tell us?"

Alice explains they discovered it just before Adam and Marshall left on their trip and decided not to let the guys know until they get back. "We didn't want them to delay the trip and you know Adam would not have gone. I should have told you when you came to Willow's party. I'm really sorry I didn't. I have not even told my parents." Alice is embarrassed and asks for them to forgive her.

"Of course, we do understand, but goodness, call your Mom and Dad!" Nickolas and Anastasia hug the girls and are happy for more babies coming into their lives.
    50044808191_00f4057c50_b.jpg
    50025607841_9a18b7682e_b.jpg
    50045065947_c9bb91dbd0_b.jpg

Bran and Briana enjoy playing with the boys.
    50045065847_92d67f85cd_b.jpg

Jennifer gets a call from Marshall. She is so happy to hear his voice. She tells him about Drew playing in the ball pit and tossing balls out at the people passing by. "He giggles happily when the people stop and toss the balls back to him." Marshall loves hearing about Drew and is sorry he is missing the festival. Jennifer reassures him it will be here all summer and they can enjoy it when he gets home. Marshall reminds her they will be deep in the mountains soon and will have no reception to make calls until they are back out of the mountains. They talk for quite some time knowing it might be a few days until they have a chance to talk again.
    50129204916_7b852f7866_b.jpg

Adam calls Alice and she is thrilled seeing his name pop up on the caller ID. She immediately makes him guess where she is. He can hear the music of the festival and people chatting all around her. He laughs and guesses "a festival." She tells him about the festival and that Nickolas and Anastasia are getting ready to join the hotdog eating contest. He wishes he could be there to see how that ends. She tells him Kailena is missing him and takes the phone over so he can tell Kailena hello. Kailena listens on the phone and a big grin appears on her face as she calls out "Daddy!" She starts talking so fast that neither Adam nor Alice can understand what she is saying. They both understand when she tells him, "I love you, Daddy!"

Alice takes the phone back and Adam reminds her they will be in the mountains soon and might not be able to get reception. "Don't call Victor!"
    She laughs and tells him "I'll try to give you time to get back to civilization. I love you! Be careful. "
    Both girls are feeling a bit guilty about not sharing the news but neither gives in and confesses.
    50128637148_d9c63b2ebf_b.jpg

Alice and Jennifer take the toddlers home with them, leaving Dedric and Wisteria to enjoy the festival together. They each spend some time calling family and friends to let them know about the pregnancies.
    50045065552_296b2a5fd8_b.jpg
    @bekkasan I read your update in the car on the drive home from Yellowstone. (When we had service. :p ) It was nice!
    I see you are rediscovering more Seasons stuff and activities. :mrgreen: Didn't realize how much you missed it huh? ;)
    I would always find it adorable to see sims, especially dads, teaching their toddlers how to walk in public places. <3
    Dang that cotton candy is larger than Jennifer's head! :lol: (I guess baby wants some sugar! :p )
    That ball pit is cute. Love this:
    Drew is practicing his throwing arm tossing the colorful balls at people passing by. They are both giggling happily.
    ^I was glad to read on later that no one was annoyed by the babies throwing the balls at them as they passed by. :) If so, they would've been je'rks!
    Aww, Wisteria looks cute with the rainbow face paint. :blush:
    I keep forgetting about the hopscotch court. Cute that Alice and Jennifer were reminiscing from it. <3
    Yay for Willow learning to walk! :star:
    LOVE those soccer photos! :lol: Too cute! (And I'm sure the two were both getting turned on by how impressed they were with the other's skills. :smirk: )
    Oh boy...I bet Nickolas and Anastasia were very happy to know they were the first ones to be informed about the pregnancies. :blush: I'm glad they were understanding, which I expected as much.
    Loved the phone calls between the ladies and their men. <3<3
    ("Don't call Victor!" :lol: )
    Both girls are feeling a bit guilty about not sharing the news but neither gives in and confesses.
    ^I was actually wondering if one of them was going to spill the beans after chatting with Nickolas and Anastasia. :p But I still think it's mostly good they didn't. The boys have too much to focus on right now. I know they'll be understanding about it later. And what a wonderful surprise to come home to right? :smiley:
    Glad they called the rest of the fam and informed them. :blush:
    This was such a fun and cute update. Loved it! :kissing_heart: Of course I'm always hungry for more. :)

@emorrill Thanks so much for your sweet comments! :smiley:
    Actually, every time I read an update or saw a picture of a cute critter or seasonal scene I missed having those two EP's dreadfully. I just couldn't add them to the laptop or my game would not have been playable. :cry: I'm so happy that I've got the desktop up and running and able to have all my stuff back in the game.
    Yes, that is the biggest cotton candy I've ever seen. I'd be in a sugar coma if I tried to eat that! lol
    I try to use the hopscotch game in many of my parks. I love seeing the townies using it.
    I got so caught up in playing the game I forget I hadn't addressed the pregnancies with the other members of the family as far as the story goes. :blush:
    It was so perfect when Anastasia came up and started poking Alice's belly and Jennifer looked so guilty talking to Nickolas.
    @bekkasan : I love the new update!
    Especially the pictures of the toddlers in the ball pit (and your desciption how they were playing! :D ) and the roller skating ones. Lol that Wisteria and Dedric went to play soccer after trying out roller skating because "they were better in playing soccer than in roller scating"!
    Wisteria looked so good with her face paint, good that there was an expert doing it! :D

Nickolas and Anastasia must be very proud that they were told the good news first, even before Alice told her parents! (tststs, not good, Alice!!!)
    SO... can I hope to see her parents arrive soon??? :p

Perhaps I´m the only one here, but I think that it was wrong not to tell Adam and Marshall about the pregnancies. Perhaps it could be a distraction, but I think the boys are serious enough to concentrate on their task. Not telling them they become dads again and then something happens to them is worse, in my opinion.
    I think it´s important to be true. (you can read what happens if you don´t tell the truth or if you don´t talk at all in my story!! Better to talk about important things!!!)

Can´t wait for the next update!

Adam's Quest

Adam and Marshall find the hike into the mountains slow and at times treacherous with narrow winding trails on the side of the mountains. The scenery is certainly beautiful. They take time to admire a waterfall that is cascading down into a small pool of water. Leaving the waterfall they climb a narrow path leading up and across the mountain. Their werewolf traits keep them surefooted and help them as they cross the narrow path. Soon they are high up above the waterfall that they were admiring earlier in the day.
    50053835921_02b94fb0a3_o.jpg
    50054084827_9b8e7522c3_o.jpg
    50152723786_d1444ddf8d_b.jpg
    50152959842_e6b5ca0ea2_b.jpg

Night falls fast in the mountains and they stop to rest. As the sun sets the air becomes cool and a campfire warms them as they talk about the day and what tomorrow will bring. They grill another fish for their dinner and store the leftovers for another meal.
    50053259418_273a4a8a51_o.jpg
    50054084322_c7e8c43068_o.jpg

Marshall and Adam both try to call home. There is no reception this far in the mountains. They were expecting the reception problems but are still disappointed not being able to talk with their wives. Tired from the exertions of the day they fall asleep quickly in the tent.
    50053835231_448ea5efd2_o.jpg
    50053259323_bfe0109b9a_o.jpg
    50053259238_7a95b5a831_o.jpg

They wake bright and early and start up the next series of mountains as the pink-streaked sky cast a glow around the world. They eat dried fish as Adam led the way further into the mountains. The pink skies turn gray as a drizzling rain chills them down to their bones.
    50204042297_a835d01f8e_b.jpg
    50204042272_a3cd663a7d_b.jpg
    50203772116_c2570f52db_b.jpg

The drizzle finally stops although the skies remained overcast. A beautiful lake that is situated between the valley of two mountains is just ahead. Adam remembers it from his time living in the mountains. They are getting closer to the clan lair. They eat leftovers from their packs as they were both tired of fish. At the edge of the lake is a strange totem and Adam recalls the clan howling at the totem at certain times of the year. They transform into their werewolf forms and howl at the totem. It blinks its eyes and nothing else happens. Perhaps they should try again at night or with more wolves.
    50053835611_e5c89baf90_o.jpg
    50054084722_d2538d2a70_o.jpg

Transforming back into human form Adam challenges Marshall. "Race you to the top!" Off they go racing to the top of the path. As Marshall chases him to the top, Adam comes to an abrupt halt. "We are very close to the clan cave," he tells Marshall as he catches up. "I guess it seemed much further away when I was a child."
    Marshall sniffs the air but does not sense anything or anyone except Adam and himself.
    50054084617_e6f66b8d3d_o.jpg
    50054084532_7b29dc8392_o.jpg

Adam kneels down and peers beyond the bushes. He does not see any activity and like Marshall, he senses only them.
    50053835421_6bd0f15cb0_o.jpg

They grab their packs and walk to the cave. "This is where my life began. This is where my Mom died, in this cave. I wonder sometimes how things would have turned out had she not died giving birth to me. Would Drogo have turned her to a werewolf? Would she have been able to escape with me? Sadly, it was her fate to have a short life."

Marshall looks about the entrance to the cave. "Do you want to go inside? I know it doesn't seem fair. I sure didn't think it was fair for my parents to die in that crash. Then Victor found out it was a murder at the hands of that madman who posed as our Uncle. Fate gives us all crosses to bear and how we deal with them is up to us. You grew up strong despite your beginnings. You were fated to be with Alice and to save my life. Your parents would be proud of the man you've become."

Adam nods. "No, I don't need to go inside. You are right we deal with what we are given as best we can. I thank the Fates for leading me to Midnight Hollow and finding Alice and her family, and Jennifer and you. You became my family and help to keep me strong and balanced. Now that I've met my Grandparents and seen pictures of my Mom and Dad, they will always be a part of me even though I never knew them."

Marshall punches Adam's arm. "That's what families are for. To love and support each other in the good times as well as the bad. Some families are families by blood and others are family by friendship, like ours." He grins at his best friend.
    50053835371_a3ab0b71d0_o.jpg
    50053259438_a17b511253_o.jpg
    50054084387_e96e4be886_o.jpg
    @bekkasan : :D That was fast!
    (Is this still Moonlight Falls, or am I guessing right and they are in Great Bear now?)
    Great scenic pictures, the pink sky looks fantastic. I hope it´s not a bad omen!
    They can´t sense any of the old pack so I hope everything goes well (I´ve read too many horror books and seen too many horror movies, I always think that there MUST happen something bad! :D Although you´ve always said that you like to play with happy Sims!)
    :D Adam and Marshall howling at the totem and it only blinks. So they must practise their howling more! And come back in a few years, when their kiddies are bigger and can howl together with their dads. That must be a scary sound then!
    Marshall and his wise words about family: soooo sweet! <3
    Good that they don´t enter the cave, it looks haunted....
    Waiting for the next update! ;)

(I hope everything went well with the hurricane and there wasn´t too much destruction where you live! It´s always scary when I hear that there will be a hurricane around someone because I can´t even imagine how awful it can be! If I say we had a massive thunderstorm and we had a power failure and that was awfully scary, I think that you could just mildly smile at my fear, because this can´t even be compared to a hurricane!!)
    @bekkasan This was a great chapter! :smiley: I love the way you described everything. And also the heartfelt dialogue towards the end. <3
    Are we supposed to see them high above the waterfall there because I can't. :p
    Darn there's no more reception so they can check in with their wives. :cry: But I'm sure they know everything is okay.
    Bone chilling cold rain - no bueno. :(
    Yup, I gotta have variety when I eat food. I find is very hard to eat the same things all the time or in a row...
    Creepy looking cave! :flushed: (Which EP is that from? I don't remember seeing it before. Maybe it's from Supernatural. :lol: It is huh? )
    So they aren't sensing anyone, but themselves. Hmm.....?
    Sadly, it was her fate to have a short life."
    ^Aww. :cry: Unfortunately. So many emotions going through Adam right now.
    Marshall is right. And not only that people come into our lives for a good reason and sometimes they stay, other times they go, but you're both blessed for having known each other. <3
    You're leaving us there!? Right before they're about to enter the cave!? :scream: You're getting as terrible as I am with the cliffhangers. :smirk:;):kissing_heart:
    I very much look forward to more! :smiley:
    (We both need to get writing. :mrgreen: )

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for commenting on both updates!! :smiley: I hope all is going well with you!
    I'm so happy to have seasons and festivals back in my game. I want to send my sims to the festivals every day and have to restrain myself to keep them doing story things. I'm going to update the festival lot or build a new one to have some new things for them to do when Kaifindar comes to visit for summer.
    I got so tied up with the mountain trek and busy with work I forgot about telling the parents and grands about the new pregnancies! Had to solve that somehow. I'm not sure if the parents will come or not. Maybe this time after the babies are born. Kinda have an idea brewing for later in summer.
    I really debated on telling Adam and Marshall about the pregnancies before they left. I agree that it was not a good move on the girl's part except Alice was correct. Adam would have refused to go and find his mother's remains until later. hehe, the writer wanted that part of the story done and I had already revealed the pregnancies to the readers. My sims pregnancies last 10 days or longer if I use pause. (Love that MC options)
    I actually ended up using Cape Garner Island. It was the last one you recommended and it was perfect for the story. It has so many forested, scenic, and mountain areas to use for the trip. I tried out all of the ones we talked about and this one turned out to be best. I didn't have them go into the town in the world. I explored it though and it really is a great town and would love to have sims stay there someday. I'd have to add some population though.
    We were very fortunate with that hurricane as it stayed well off the coast and we didn't even get as much rain as they had originally forecasted.

@emorrill Thanks so much for your comments! :smiley: I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was fun taking all the pictures in the mountains. The world is beautiful.
    No, they are not visible in the picture of the falls, but they were standing at the very top next to a group of trees. I was hoping they would be visible, but to get the big picture showing the falls and the mountain they were just to high up.
    The cave is a criminal hideout and it comes from IP. It was set up in Cape Garner in the mountains and was perfect for the shots I took as Adam's previous home. They are not going to enter the cave. Adam said no, he didn't need to go inside.
    I do need to get busy writing as all I seem to do lately is work visits and paperwork from those visits. Too tired in the evenings to write.
    @bekkasan : Cape Garner Island! No wonder I thought it was Great Bear, because both worlds are made by JohnNywr and both have the same lightning!
    I love the island and it is so well done! I really like to play there, a few family members live there (Misty and Thom and Tyler´s oldest son Timian with his family). If only I had more time so I could play more! Then I could visit them again! :D
    To my shame I have never been to this waterfall when I was at the island, I barely made it into town, because there was always a family party to attend. :D

Ohohoh, Kaifindar´s summer holidays!!!! I can´t even imagine how happy he and Briana will be when they meet again! <3
    I am really impressed that you plan to play with him, too! And that you plan to enhance the festival lots more!!! This sound like so much stress!

I´m chilling a bit in my game atm, my game is reduced to 2 Sims. There will be more Sims soon, I just have to decide with which branch of the family I would play further!

I would love to see Victor again! So hopefully he and his wife will visit their new grandchildren!

I can relate to the feeling to have Seasons and Pets back in the game! I had to play without Pets a long time because of a powerless computer and I was so happy to have it back in the game. Although I have disabled the strays with Retuner, my wild horses always tend to get stuck in the weirdest locations and cause the game to stutter.
    There is soooo much to discover! I can´t wait to see winter pictures of your Dragon Valley and your kids playing in the snow! And perhaps you are even more masochistically and add a pet to the family??? :p Besides the 6 kids and 8 adults! :o

Good that the hurricane was off the coast! How many hurricans do you have during the season? Do you have a place to go when a hurricane is expected to be very strong? I mean, is there provided a safe place through authorities? (as said, I cant even imagine such a threat!!)

@AlexaKry Gosh, I thought I replied back to you already. So sorry.
    The world is really beautiful and would be fun to play in. I've left it in my folder and may have someone move to it someday. It is an empty world so I would have to add some families, but that would be fun to do too.
    The large families don't bother me too much as long as they behave and don't start making out with other's husbands! :open_mouth: I usually watch them closely. I've learned to use some of the nraas settings to prevent faithful ones from straying. I don't want that kind of drama with my special sims.
    I made a dog and saved it to the library and it will eventually make an appearance. :grin:
    They have shelters off-island that people can stay at if you choose. I've never done that though. We would travel away from the path of the storm if need be. When my hubby was living we stayed put for all but one. I don't think I could stay by myself though. It is too nerve-racking. Luckily the two that are out in the tropics are not headed to FL.
    @bekkasan : no need to apologize, really!!! <3

So many worlds, so many Sims, so many stories to be told, but soooo little time, right? I still have many worlds I have to play-test, if I can put some of my Sims in it, because in Moonlight Falls my families seem to be doing nothing than producing off-spring in their spare time! :D

Cape Garner Island is a very beautiful world and it is sooo well-done! It´s worth a game for itself.

I really love to play with big families myself, but I try to avoid more than 2 kids, they are too much work! :D So great respect for you that you play with so many toddlers!!!

Yes, even with NRaas and the Eternally Faithful Reward don´t stop certain Sims from flirting with spouses or brothers ( I made a hurtful experience with that, well, Tyler made it and in a certain way me, too, because I now have to found new partners for him and his ex... :D )
    For example I really don´t like it when Sims constantly try to "watch the stars" with partners of their siblings or with fathers/mothers-in law! I now have a mod in my game that stops its autonomy, the most annoying thing with this actions is that the asked Sim (which didn´t do anything!!!!) gets a bad reputation! What????

:D Train the dog!!!

So I guess you live on an island like Florida Keys? Weren´t the Keys damadged last year in an awful hurricane? :o
    I would be so frightened if there would be a hurricane predicted!!!!!! I really hope that there won´t be much hurricanes this year, but with all this global warming I doubt that! I hope that you´ll stay safe whenever there is one coming and that your home stays intact!!!!! <3

@AlexaKry That is it exactly, so many stories and so many worlds. Not enough time. :wink:
    I do try to keep a close eye on my sims to prevent any flirty issues. Especially with three couples living on the one property. It could be disastrous. :confounded: It would make for some major drama in the story, but I prefer the adventure and mystery drama rather than personal drama.
    I live on an island but not in the keys. It is the northeast part of the state, so Atlantic side. The first main island. It is 14miles long and 2 miles wide. We have been fortunate over the last few years and yep, it is scary during hurricane season. I do a lot of praying.

Adam's Quest

The sun begins to set as Adam and Marshall leave the cave. "There used to be a hunter's cabin on the lake just down this trail. If no one is there we can stay the night."
    Marshall sets the pace following the trail that Adam indicated.
    The trail ends at the edge of the lake, and they can see the cabin just ahead. Adam is surprised at the cabin. "It looks like it has been enlarged since I was here last. I hope no one is living in it. I don't sense anyone."
    50053259188_e29f3ec8a7_o.jpg
    50054084057_bb9847c4f5_o.jpg
    50053259108_6feb5cbf87_o.jpg

The cabin is stocked with food, and Adam prepares a delicious dinner since Marshall doesn't cook. They sit out on the patio overlooking the lake and eat. "I have meant to ask you. Did Jennifer try talking you into letting her come with us?"
    Marshall puts his fork down. "No, she didn't. She was adamant about you not coming by yourself. Did Alice?"
    "Nope, not even one little attempt to wheedle an invite. It makes me wonder why our two lovely wives suddenly decide we can go off on a trip without them. I do understand one reason would be missing the kids and not wanting the kids to come on this type of trip into known rogue territory. We have plenty of family and friends that would love to babysit for us. I don't think it was that. Adam looks over at Marshall. "The only thing I can think of that would make Alice remain behind...she's pregnant! She knows I would have returned home the minute I found out."
    Marshall's jaw drops. "I bet Jen is too. She had been sick in the bathroom the day before we left. She said it was something she ate. I didn't see her do it anymore, so didn't think about her being pregnant." Adam shakes his head. "They didn't tell us because they knew I would cancel the trip. Alice knew I was anxious to try to find my mother's remains, and she would not have wanted me to put it off. We are too close to the glade to turn around and go home now."
    50053265498_5e906feca6_o.jpg
    50053265448_9949f4490a_o.jpg

Adam tries to call home while Marshall takes advantage of the amenities. Sadly there is no reception.
    50053834926_c6f73879d1_o.jpg
    50054090662_0f3b486e80_o.jpg

Marshall washes up the dinner dishes while Adam takes advantage of the cabin's bath. He appears to be deep in thought.
    50053841486_2ca8a2d3d2_o.jpg
    50053265423_b7d8ae89aa_o.jpg

Back home in Dragon Valley, Dedric is startled and roused by his dragon Jadeth making lots of noise. She is squawking and flapping her tiny wings and blowing puffs of air at him as she tries waking him up. Dedric is able to quieten her down, so she doesn't wake Wisteria and the kids, but his attempts to soothe her fail. It soon becomes clear she wants him to follow her outside. Dedric places her on his shoulder, and she steers him across the lawn chirping in his ears. When he turns the wrong way, she flaps her wings until he turns back around. Jadeth finally flies down his arm and chirps a few more times and floats to the ground. Dedric watches as she walks over to the wall and starts nudging something on the ground.
    50062660223_079ae0e154_o.jpg
    50063475472_009a3d5ce5_o.jpg

Dedric walks over to see what has Jadeth so upset. Lying on the ground is a tiny red dragon. Its wings are limp and Jadeth pokes at the little dragon trying to get it to move. Dedric notices pieces of shell nearby and realizes the dragon must have hatched recently. Jadeth squawks at Dedric as if to say 'do something'. He bends over and examines the dragon. It is alive but weak. He picks it up and strokes it gently, talking softly as it shivers in fear or shock or both. Knowing how hungry baby dragons are he takes some morsels out of Jadeth's pouch to feed the little red dragon. It sniffs at the food and takes a tiny bite and then another until the morsel is gone. It looks eagerly at Dedric. "Yes, there is more little one." Dedric continues feeding it until it is full and stops shaking.
    50062660188_a38c040791_o.jpg
    50063217866_53db098d1a_o.jpg

The little dragon chirps at Dedric as if to say thank you. He coos and fluffs his wings and lets Dedric know his name is Aydanath. It means fiery little one.
    50063217941_a0c95f85bb_o.jpg