Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cat Cafe

Comments

• Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I have been wanting to build a cat cafe for a while now. The last time I did it I ended up just making a regular cafe lol.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited July 2020
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

To be honest, what with winning the knitting pack in a giveaway, I forgot that I am supposed to be visiting that lot for screenshots :(

Hey that's AWESOME! Congrats! Enjoy the Knitting. The cats can wait, heh heh! :)

Yeah, I fully intend to experiment. I had the cat cafe idea shortly after purchasing Tiny Living, which I have also only experimented a little with, so I have a lot to try.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited August 2020
    I was just wondering if it's possible to make a cat cafe in the game. I love the one that's local to me and haven't been able to go for a while, for obvious reasons. However, I don't currently own Dine Out because it's said to be so buggy, and I know that when I made a bakery I couldn't get sims to eat the products whilst in store. :(

I own all EPs except Eco-Living and all GPs except for Dine Out, plus a few stuff packs.

@Mariefoxprice83 I made a cafe that has the cat lot trait. Lots of cats show up and sims with cats and raccoons show up too. Quite popular. It is on the gallery.

I don't have much of an issue with dine out. I don't run restaurants, I just build them and add 2-3 chef stations and they run well. My breakfast club restaurant, sims wear pajamas

@Admiral8Q the smaller pet doors are for cats
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    I did it! Today I built my Cat Cafe! It needs a little finessing to make it a little more epic and usable but I think it works just fine currently.

EerYOjKU8AAs2dy.jpg

EerYJXQUYAAHM0U.jpg

EerYS9tVAAAZQXQ.jpg

EerYZDaUEAAPR55.jpg

• Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Does it matter where you place the café when it comes to the cats, in Brindleton Bay or somewhere else?

I don't like the strays, they make me sad, and so I was thinking that maybe there will be less of those and more of the owned pets with owners showing up if I put the café somewhere else than Brindleton Bay?
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Does it matter where you place the café when it comes to the cats, in Brindleton Bay or somewhere else?

I don't like the strays, they make me sad, and so I was thinking that maybe there will be less of those and more of the owned pets with owners showing up if I put the café somewhere else than Brindleton Bay?

Actually it is about the lot traits. The cat and dog hangouts will spawn stray pets on that lot while cat and dog friendly will spawn townies and households with those pets.

It works on any world. I made the Oasis Spring's bar a dog hangout and also put some food bowls to have some 🐕 come to visit my Sims while they drink Zebra Fuzz hahaha And I made Willows Creek's park a dog friendly lot to Sims go with their dogs to train and play ❤️
  • Options

I made my Cafe in Magnolia Promenade (GTW) so far all it spawns are random cats some strays but non of them are sick. They come in, do random things hang out for a bit and then they leave. 🐾
  • Options
    Revamped the Cat Cafe, went with a warmer colour scheme, expanded the inside a bit and moved some things around. I think it works much better now.

EewbIvGUMAI5F3M.jpg

EewbNXAVAAAN7Um.jpg

EewbRZyU0AAMRfT.jpg

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Revamped the Cat Cafe, went with a warmer colour scheme, expanded the inside a bit and moved some things around. I think it works much better now.

It does look better, the wood furniture gives it a homey look. I also love the corner sofa seat, bet the cats love to take naps there.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    A park lot also works as a cat cafe. That's how I did it. The downside is hiring the barista though. After reading all of this, I might try switching to an actual cafe lot.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »

EewbIvGUMAI5F3M.jpg

EewbNXAVAAAN7Um.jpg

EewbRZyU0AAMRfT.jpg

Do any of the customers pet the cats though?
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

In the one i made they do, but not much. Might be related to the sim's traits? What i enjoyed was one cat attacking the barista twice XD A cat fight also happened once.

• Options
    Simburian wrote: »

In my cafe I've had the barista attempt to greet a cat only to be hissed at and I've had other Sims greet, pet and play /watch the cats. It's rare though it seems other actions are taking priority such as cafe actions, Sim actions and sigh NAP actions. It's still cute and fun to watch. They are all aware of the cats though so that's good 🙂
  • Options
    I haven't played for a few days but I definitely need to give mine more attention.
  • Options
    I'm super happy with how mine turned out . We should all post pics and feedback about our cat cafes 😋🐾
  • Options
    Yeah mine was one I downloaded from the gallery because I have no talent for building community lots, but I'll definitely need to try building something that feels like mine. :) What with Nifty Knitting and having a trial Prime subscription, this idea has fallen by the wayside for the time being, but I'm so happy that my thread idea took off.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited August 2020
    @troshalom Yes thanks! That confirms it. :) I kinda figured that out playing and building/re-building the Crazy Cat Lady's house. (Catalina) The game still calls it a dog door, oh well. I found out you can lock doors for cat's and/or dogs. (The people doors) So the animals only use the animal doors. Also can allow only cats or only dogs.

I was leery of getting the "cats&dogs" pack, but I'm surprised how fun it can be. Even took a cat to the vet already. Confusing to figure out at first, but simple once you know what to do. I'm enjoying it. The interesting thing is that magic-user occult can have a pet as a 'familiar'. Nice mix on the packs.

If anyone feels their "Cat cafe" is satisfactory. I'd love to download it off the gallery. Yous can put your Username and what the lot is called here in this thread if you like, that would be awesome. :smiley:

I have a question though, what does it mean when there are stars circling around a cat's head? I've been trying to get Catarina to make friends with, Mayor Whiskers (Is that the cat's name?)
    4HUFufS.png

I know I could force it in-game by combining households, but I'd like to do it with plot. Heh!

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    When I had a vet sim I had him running a “cat rescue” from his home and office by having the cat hangout lot trait. When sick cats would show up I would add them to the household, have him give them vet care, and then bring them to work and wait for someone to show up to the clinic and adopt them out to them through manage worlds.

I imagine you could run a cat cafe with adoptions the same way. Would be fun to add the cat hangout trait to a cafe and then pair cats with people buying coffee. And your design is super cute!
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    but I'm so happy that my thread idea took off.
    Thanks for the thread ! I needed something positive Sims related to focus on ! It's just fun finding these kind of ideas to work on :)
  • Options
    I have a question though, what does it mean when there are stars circling around a cat's head? ...Mayor Whiskers (Is that the cat's name?)
    4HUFufS.png

Yes it's Mayor Whiskers I love that name.

I think it means the cat is dizzy which means it's not feeling well. Stray animals often get sick. I think the only way to cure them is to give them a vet treat. Or you might have to befriend them and get them to move in to take them to the vet.
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    I'm loving everyone's cat cafes! Personally I've had some minimal success running mine as a retail store. (Admittedly this is a separate file I made specifically to try and figure a cat cafe out so I can add one to my "official" save.) I'll be sure to put some screenshots in the spoiler tag!

What I did was essentially repurpose the Honey Pop! Cafe into the Honey Pop! Cat Cafe! My sim will go through and adopt cats via the phone, making her kind of a foster. Then she'll take pictures of the cats and post them on the "adoption wall," and once their bad behaviors are trained out, etc. the picture of them goes up for sale! Then whichever Sim winds up buying the picture thereby adopts the cat!

It's been pretty fun running it this way, although it does kinda take away from the "cafe" aspect since the customers don't usually pay much attention to the barista (but sometimes they do, to be fair). So! The bulk of what my Sim sells is...cupcakes. But also cats, haha!

08_07_20_6_35_44pm_by_elemmele_de2ujcs-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03MjAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8wYTg0OWYzYi0yMGVkLTQzM2QtYmRmNC0zNjljNjQwZWFjMWZcL2RlMnVqY3MtYmFjYzliMzgtYmVhNy00MDk2LWFjN2ItNjQ3MjZjZWQxNzFkLnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.VXwoQUSk7qOWpX3qNjWgkOP-YTn0wdQzKI1CL1Y-cJE

08_07_20_6_36_24pm_by_elemmele_de2ujc0-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03MjAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8wYTg0OWYzYi0yMGVkLTQzM2QtYmRmNC0zNjljNjQwZWFjMWZcL2RlMnVqYzAtYjVlNDdjN2EtMzQyZS00Y2I3LWE2NTQtY2MwMDA2N2EyODNjLnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.3TSpi8lGVsqDGt9LsxhzIY8RaYV2EA-FckXT_99bVT4

08_07_20_6_36_46pm_by_elemmele_de2ujb0-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03MjAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8wYTg0OWYzYi0yMGVkLTQzM2QtYmRmNC0zNjljNjQwZWFjMWZcL2RlMnVqYjAtYmVlZjJiYjUtMTFjMy00ODJiLTk0OTAtODQyMzk5MWI1NGIxLnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.hURPrwA_u1eu4gbqGoc1NESiyrKhKF_ulm4p7MtHDT4

08_07_20_6_37_03pm_by_elemmele_de2ujaf-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03MjAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8wYTg0OWYzYi0yMGVkLTQzM2QtYmRmNC0zNjljNjQwZWFjMWZcL2RlMnVqYWYtMjNiZjIxYzktNDhjZS00ZjdlLThkZDktZjg0NjQxMTk0ODU4LnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.xpDagvFJzjMjOzoQcbCupVe4ni3ZxhrmmhZyxPXkmN0

08_07_20_6_37_32pm_by_elemmele_de2uj9v-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03MjAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8wYTg0OWYzYi0yMGVkLTQzM2QtYmRmNC0zNjljNjQwZWFjMWZcL2RlMnVqOXYtN2Q2NzcxNTQtODBhMC00ZDA5LTgyYzEtOTRmMDk2ZWJmNjZjLnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.gkprz4KVTspu2RalFFq5c52EsL0VBWkknpAqwUwwvuk

08_07_20_6_37_48pm_by_elemmele_de2uj9b-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03MjAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8wYTg0OWYzYi0yMGVkLTQzM2QtYmRmNC0zNjljNjQwZWFjMWZcL2RlMnVqOWItZWRjNzIyOTEtOWI1OS00NmEwLWIzZjItMTk0Yjk1NThmNDY2LnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.TGGCBELPDQ261L77aDFNxqPHtrSdDQkOgJtgOfe_Rq8
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    @troshalom Yes thanks! That confirms it. :) I kinda figured that out playing and building/re-building the Crazy Cat Lady's house. (Catalina) The game still calls it a dog door, oh well. I found out you can lock doors for cat's and/or dogs. (The people doors) So the animals only use the animal doors. Also can allow only cats or only dogs.

I was leery of getting the "cats&dogs" pack, but I'm surprised how fun it can be. Even took a cat to the vet already. Confusing to figure out at first, but simple once you know what to do. I'm enjoying it. The interesting thing is that magic-user occult can have a pet as a 'familiar'. Nice mix on the packs.

If anyone feels their "Cat cafe" is satisfactory. I'd love to download it off the gallery. Yous can put your Username and what the lot is called here in this thread if you like, that would be awesome. :smiley:

I have a question though, what does it mean when there are stars circling around a cat's head? I've been trying to get Catarina to make friends with, Mayor Whiskers (Is that the cat's name?)
    4HUFufS.png

I know I could force it in-game by combining households, but I'd like to do it with plot. Heh!

If you have enough money get a lot of the wellness treats. That saves a lot of time later. I usually get about 10 for Father Winter when I play him and others do too if they can afford them. Father Winter cures any ill cat or dog he comes across. He's loaded with $ though.

Looking at these cafes and not having played one yet I'm wondering if I could put the dispenser by the bar so the owners could treat them on the premises? Would they work there?
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    @Bearpal64

Have you uploaded your cat café to the gallery? I'd love to add it to my game and have my cat lover sims have a place to gather :blush:
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    @Bearpal64

Have you uploaded your cat café to the gallery? I'd love to add it to my game and have my cat lover sims have a place to gather :blush:

Ee6yuMtUcAAofHW.jpg

Awww! No I haven't! I actually forgot that I can use the gallery now. I didn't think my builds were anything special. I just like to build all my stuff and put my mark on my game.

I'll see what I can do later on tho if you want or if anyone wants 🐾

Fun fact! If you use the "cat friendly" lot trait the game actually generates Townies with Cats to visit the lot.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    @Bearpal64

LOL!!!! The cat in your screenie, dancing on the table? :D:D:D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png