Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So Lady/Lord Knitting is borked.

Since the garden went to seed I thought try this knit stuff. Part of aspiration is to gift knit stuff to other Sims. Well so far my Sim have given away stuff to over a dozen Sims but still got no credit. Is this broken also or am I missing something ?. Thanks.

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    It works for me. Sometimes they don't like it but 90% they accept the gift.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    How was their reaction to the gift. I know when my sim gifted her father what she knitted he did not like the present lol. Maybe if they dont like it it does not count? not sure but just a thought.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I think if they do the "I'm so Excited" dance, then you're good. Otherwise you don't get credit. I completed this on one sim. on the second one I am having trouble getting past this part too. Even his mom wasn't excited!! what?
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    Same problem here. The recipient reacts positively to the gift, but the aspiration counter remains at 0/3.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think it's a general glitch with aspirations, quite often they reset to saying you haven't done them even when you have
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Gifting worked for me the first time. I switched aspirations and my Sim was doing a lot of autonomous knitting in between so when I went back to the aspiration she was already knitting excellent and legendary items. So I picked one of the excellent items to gift to her dad. It did work for me. I am wondering if quality has something to do with another Sim accepting the gift or not.

However, I am stuck on teach to knit. My Sim attempted this at least 10 times. My knitting Sim is a teen so I wonder if that has something to do with it or not.

I have not played the game in about a week. I needed a break and then my granddaughter stayed with me for a couple of days. It's so frustrating when stuff does not work correctly.

I did get a new mod for EL and a few others so hopefully when I do go back to the game it will not be so frustrating.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Thanks all for the help. I went and did some research.Come to find out the knit stuff are not your typical gifts and you must click the item to gift.Have a awesome weekend and stay safe.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I noticed my Sims were giving gifts and it wasn't being counted, so I just mentally count and then use MCC to bypass the stage.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yeah you have to click on the item in the inventory to gift it.... I had issues too I tried to gift it through the pie menu for ages then figured out I should just do what the aspiration prompt says and it worked.
    egTcBMc.png
    Ah.

Now if I can just get my Sims to chill out and stop dropping any and all tasks to start a new knitting project...
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Ah.

Now if I can just get my Sims to chill out and stop dropping any and all tasks to start a new knitting project...

Take the bag out of their inventory.
    That's what I end up doing every time. It's annoying.
  • nekotlcnekotlc Posts: 289 Member
    edited August 2020
    At least you guys can knit stuff!! I bought and installed nifty knitting and even though there's an icon, no items in CAS or buy mode show up at all! This pack is FUBAR! Good job EA! You've screwed up again! No wonder people hates this company!