Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Console Players - Console Controls Poll

Hey console brothers and sisters. We are the minority. I know the game isn't as popular on console as it is on the PC but I am one who is very happy to have it on console.

My question to you is how do you find the console controls and bonus points if you also talk about the new console control overlays.

Console Players - Console Controls Poll 23 votes

Yay - Console Controls Work Great!
60%
wtz191Paulmarch76FlapFEDEXsfan11JPNekoRavenSpitMelmacketernalrainniamoz96SayNoToGnomesCavapoo_KingAce150NetflixianHereItsmekrystallee 14 votes
Nay - Console Controls Are Wonky
13%
drake_mccartyidleRATEricasFreePlay 3 votes
Meh - I use a keyboard and mouse with consoles.
21%
PickledtiaraKhrisstyneHarvellNorthDakotaGamer_natalie 5 votes
Other
4%
valohim666 1 vote

Comments

• Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    They work fine for me. The only time I use mouse & keyboard it to enter cheats.
    Grease is the word!
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I use mouse and keyboard mainly because it's easier for me to type cheats quickly.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    At first, the controls were unbearable and weird but I got used to it.

But when we were able to choose between controller and kb&m, I quickly abandoned the controller 😂. I feel more comfortable with kb&m.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • valohim666valohim666 Posts: 3 New Member
    Other
    I chose Other, and I'll explain why. I've been a Sims player since the first game, so I'm more familiar with keyboard and mouse controls. Having said that, I don't mind the controller at all and I feel it's just fine. At the same time though, I do see some weirdness from time to time and there currently seems to be some glitches that hurt things. The one I find most annoying is there are times when using the d-pad or left stick in menus where the input speed speeds up, making it hard to properly select anything. So for the overall setup and layout I would say Yay because I'm used to it at this point, but because of the problems I would say Nay and that's why I picked Other.
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Controls are fine... game function is another story.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I've gotten so use to using a controller that when I tried out mouse and keyboard it was too confusing lol. The only things I wish we could do is place trim and friezes to specific walls/roofs with a controller.