Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine out and Caring is Sharing

So............... I opened my restraunt and I thought my customer's were going to sit down, but they proceeded to steal ALL of my tables WITH the chairs. Then my sink. Then my decorations.

How in the world is this supposed to work? Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Minx wrote: »
    So............... I opened my restraunt and I thought my customer's were going to sit down, but they proceeded to steal ALL of my tables WITH the chairs. Then my sink. Then my decorations.

How in the world is this supposed to work? Anyone any ideas?

Go to Manage Worlds, select a Sim who lives in the affected neighbourhood and play him briefly. Activate testingcheats on, then shift+click on the Sims' letterbox. Now you can deactivate all NAPs in the neighbourhood and choose new ones if you like. Return to your restaurant owner and everything will be fine.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    well it doesn't ..i haven't purchased eco living but i have read countless threads regarding the bugs ...lets hope they do a bit more of fixing with updates on eco living but in the meantime...you can choose to start a fresh game..before you play it go to game options and turn n.a.ps off then in your game use the cheat window and use ..testingcheatsenabled true and then shift click on the mailbox to set up the naps you want active ...there is a few that cause the least amount of issues. i want for someone to agree that the cheat to click on the mailbox for setting up naps is correct ..i don't have that expansion pack as i said and this is all from memory of how to fix ..but apparently that works so you avoid the more troublesome n.a.p.s like sharing is caring.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    There is no need to start a fresh game.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2020
    It doesn't work unfortunately. I had to remove the NAP. If you live in the neighborhood you can remove the NAP with cheats by shift-clicking on the mailbox. Feel free to click "me too" on Answer HQ so Maxis will fix this.

If you don't mind using mods, simvasion has a useful mod which prevents people from swiping chairs and tables: https://simvasion.wordpress.com/portfolio/eco-lifestyle-interactions-fixes/ you will probably need the mod anyway because even if you remove the NAP's there is right now a bug where the NPC autonomy get stuck on sims.

Otherwise you could use Zero's no swiping mod: https://www.patreon.com/posts/el-npc-dont-with-38012599
  • MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions! I was going to play and go through repealing, but I'm not oppose to cheating it away! That solves the problem.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I played a lot with the repealing, getting plenty of unwanted NAPs away from my hoods, but the other day I didn't feel like doing it and the cheat was really easy to use! I'd also recommend turning NAP voting off from the settings so you can avoid this problem returning. I play without mods and although some NAP actions get stuck on sims, I haven't seen sharing is caring actions after I removed it from each neighbourhood.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yeah it's a nightmare. And you can only repeal in your own neighborhood so if you have a restaurant you're stuffed. Only way around it is to turn off NAPs in settings, place a household in the same neighborhood and repeal all the active NAPs.

I had the same in my sims restaurant the other day, sims didn't sit and eat they just walked around taking everything. I lost the piano, half the tables, half the dividers, the restaurant was getting to the stage of being non functional within one shift. Really not sure who in their right mind thought this NAP was a good idea. No matter what it's annoying, I can't find any positive about every lot being destroyed by looting.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    Minx wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions! I was going to play and go through repealing, but I'm not oppose to cheating it away! That solves the problem.

I was a good boy and repealed it through the game's way a time or two. Problem is.....sharing is caring is re-acted in other hoods when I'm playing another save, unless you disable NPC voting. So,I declared total war. No NPCs can vote, I do a shift-click check every time I load a house, and I keep NAPs loaded that aren't as obnoxious.
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    ...they just walked around taking everything. I lost the piano, half the tables, half the dividers, the restaurant was getting to the stage of being non functional within one shift... I can't find any positive about every lot being destroyed by looting.

I ran into this for the first time the other day and was shocked how quickly they were taking things. I had just finished a reno of a bar and was so happy with how it turned out and within a few minutes of playing at it, the place was a mess! I hadn't noticed right away, but when I looked in another room of the bar it was practically empty! I had a lot of work to put it back together again.

...So,I declared total war. No NPCs can vote, I do a shift-click check every time I load a house, and I keep NAPs loaded that aren't as obnoxious.

Agreed... No time to fool around with properly repealing them when they have the more invasive ones applied. I, like most simmers I assume, am not allowing any NPC voting. That said, I've applied a rule to myself that my active households needs to have enough influence to vote for something at least 10 times in order to enact a new NAP. That way I feel like I'm still having to vote against other interests and can't just get whatever I want for 10 influence points.