Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❌ Lets Show Some Support: For Cars!!! ❌

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    edited August 2020
    No. I’m not for cars!
    Good golly! With the way worlds are setup in the game, how are they even going to be enjoyable?!
  • Options
    sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    edited August 2020
    YES! Cars! Bring them on!
    gnelso1239 wrote: »
    Good golly! With the way worlds are setup in the game, how are they even going to be enjoyable?!

"Enjoyable?" You mean ... practical? We've had cars in all previous Sims games; including Sims 1 and 2 which had relatively closed-off worlds. The Sims 2 had loading screens galore, much like we have in The Sims 4. But it was quicker to travel, at least, because they could carpool off the lot instead of take 5 minutes to walk to the area bounds.

Of course, yes, we have the "M" shortcut to go to the map and travel anywhere. That makes it quicker to go off-lot. But that takes the immersion out completely, when it's our only option. Do you prefer to walk/bike/swim/boat everywhere (if you have bikes or Island Living) for the rest of The Sims?

Do you appreciate firefighers, pizza delivery service, etc. showing up to your Sims' house by foot? To me, these elements completely take out the immersion of the game. Maybe you have different thoughts?

(Edit: I would actually advocate against cars in Sulani - lol. Swimming and boating everywhere is pretty cool, and does not break immersion at all in Sulani; plus, it mostly doesn't have defined roads.)
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    No. I’m not for cars!
    sketches wrote: »
    gnelso1239 wrote: »

"Enjoyable?" You mean ... practical? We've had cars in all previous Sims games; including Sims 1 and 2 which had relatively closed-off worlds. The Sims 2 had loading screens galore, much like we have in The Sims 4. But it was quicker to travel, at least, because they could carpool off the lot instead of take 5 minutes to walk to the area bounds.

Of course, yes, we have the "M" shortcut to go to the map and travel anywhere. That makes it quicker to go off-lot. But that takes the immersion out completely, when it's our only option. Do you prefer to walk/bike/swim/boat everywhere (if you have bikes or Island Living) for the rest of The Sims?

Do you appreciate firefighers, pizza delivery service, etc. showing up to your Sims' house by foot? To me, these elements completely take out the immersion of the game. Maybe you have different thoughts?

(Edit: I would actually advocate against cars in Sulani - lol. Swimming and boating everywhere is pretty cool, and does not break immersion at all in Sulani; plus, it mostly doesn't have defined roads.)

No. I meant enjoyable...thanks. Now one person's enjoyment may come from their practicality whereas another's may not. Since travelling by vehicle really isn't all that pertinent in this game, I don't pay all that much attention to how NAPs of any kind show up to my house. Eh, if they create them they create them, regardless they're Meh to me with the setup of worlds in this one.
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    We Want Vehicles with Garages hope The Sims Mobile will have vehicles too!
  • Options
    Hi Everyone, Please watch the video about a Speculation about Vehicles coming to The Sims 4.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bZb09-vRJ0M
  • Options
    rosepickerrosepicker Posts: 78 Member
    i wish there were cars in sims 4
    the only cars in sims 4 we have RN are mods that include the discover university pack and cars that stay on the lot. WHY SIMS WHY
  • Options
    rosepickerrosepicker Posts: 78 Member
    if there are cars in sims 4 there should be an interaction where they can woohoo in the car's back seat!
  • Options
    sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hi Everyone, Please watch the video about a Speculation about Vehicles coming to The Sims 4.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bZb09-vRJ0M

Oh yeah, definitely! I saw this a few days ago. Simmer Erin is AWESOME. She's a critical thinker and real easy to listen to. She reads every comment, so make your voice heard! Definitely recommend her channel.
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    rosepicker wrote: »
    if there are cars in sims 4 there should be an interaction where they can woohoo in the car's back seat!

This or the front seat.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Definitely want cars, I do miss them.

Oh, I loaded up the celebrity world (Can't remember the name..DelSolValley??) and I noticed on the right side there is a road that leads up the side and I noticed a lot of cars spaced out on that road (they weren't moving because I hadn't started playing yet and I forgot to check it out). I guess the red colored car caught my eye. Has that been there a while and I just noticed it?
  • Options
    I predict the vehicles will come on September 2.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    cars please
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I am for cars, cars and more cars I also want my sims to be able to walk around worlds and enjoy the scenery sick of this being stuck on a lot. Even the bicycles are a joke you can't go anywhere with them in Sims 3 you could go around with them it is like wearing the mask you are in prison.
  • Options
    Yeah Vehicles and Garages must be added before TS4 ends.