Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Finally Came Back to Sims 3

I decided today on a whim to check when I'd last played TS3 and according to my Origin the last time I played TS3 was August 2nd, 2018! I was so shocked that I'd gone that long without playing.
I started playing again today and I realized why I loved that game so much. It's so crazy that two years later I can still sit down and get so immersed in the game that two hours can go by without me even realizing!
For those still playing TS3 in 2020, what keeps you liking the game?
~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    Just the flexibility of what you can do with the game and yeah. I can play for 16 hrs at a stretch (when you're on disability...well...that's pretty much...life and enjoyment).

It's the fact that you can create worlds of your own with the CAW tool if you're so inclined. I just realized I spent six hours designing a world I plan to play in with two of my sims.

CAW_Preview003.png
    1 64x64 lot and two community lots (one graveyard - one single building marketplace).

The fact that I can turn my whole environment into a nuclear post-apocalyptic wasteland and tell the stories I want to tell.
    Screenshot-127_nuke2.jpg
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    It's just the flexibility of the environment that TS3 offers that keeps me playing the game over and over again.

Welcome back, @Patch__2008
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Yay, welcome back! I didn't get into the sims until Sims 2 (thanks to my daughter!) and held off on getting Sims 3 for F A R too long because I heard such bad things about it. That was dumb, so I have been actively playing since 2013. I love Create-A-Style and the open world so much. I love that my sims can go on adventures and I have yet to get bored with playing the different LTWs! I love that we can make our own patterns and own worlds and it really superchargers my imagination. I love (trying to lol) build gorgeous houses I see around town and exploring different ways to make sims. I don't know, I guess I just like everything about it, lol!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Welcome back :smile: I have been doing some very heavy gameplay today but ran into issues which is unusual for me so I hope that I resolved them
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I started playing again too. It's been years since I've actively played TS3. I remember loving the family I used to play but when I got an Error 12 I stopped playing completely. Now I'm back and I remember why I had so much fun. It's a great game.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    because there's just sooooo much to do
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Patch__2008 Welcome back to the game. I've been playing since I started which was 2012. I don't get bored with my sims. There is always something new or different to do by making new sims or a new family with different traits. The reactions are different and you can take the story in a completely different way. The worlds are awesome and having my sims explore the worlds and the possibilities that come out of those explorations is astounding especially when you add in worlds from other simmers. I use mods since 2014 that truly make the game mine. I have one story I've been playing since 2017 and the third generation is just now being born. Yes, my sims get involved in lots of side stories and adventures. I just added my game to an older desktop but it plays the game amazing. I was finally able to put Pets and Seasons back in my puter and I'm having so much fun with those back in. Happy Simming!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Welcome back! I suppose what keeps me going is the sheer amount of customisation for my sims, their homes and the world around them. I also love the family game play and I equally enjoy playing childless sims as there is so much to do!
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @Patch__2008 ... Welcome Back, I've been playing since 2009.

@bekkasan ...
    One of the most interesting things about Sims 3 is all the things you can discover over time, and doing different things.
    For instance ... I never knew the painting in the picture below was a reward, until I played that occupation.

39094968991_22b00003c6_c.jpg

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    i'm a very unhappy and lonely person in irl, the sims 3 is my escape from reality, it's the only time i'm happy and feel like i have friends/family.. i live vicariously through my sims -_-
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2020
    It is a game that never ends. new everyday
    Post edited by Evalen on
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    edited August 2020
    Pretty much what everyone above says. It can be as simple or as complicated as you want. You can make all kinds of challenges for yourself. After years of playing, I still see things I've never seen or knew could happen. And using NRaas to make some tweaks, I can play rotationally which is the only reason I haven't played this game non-stop since release. With a lot of help and CAS, I made my first home I was actually proud of last year. Now one of my current Sim families is living there. In this save, only my second even, NO ONE has been on vacation yet. My second generation of Sims are almost old enough for University - again, something I've never done in TE3. There is just so much to explore and experience. It's a wonderful game. Not perfect, but so enjoyable.

I play a lot of games from online games to games with deep story lines like Skyrim. But sometimes, I just want to see what my families are up to.
    Post edited by Rhiannon58 on
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited July 2020
    Welcome back, @Patch__2008!
    The fact that I can turn my whole environment into a nuclear post-apocalyptic wasteland and tell the stories I want to tell.
    Screenshot-127_nuke2.jpg
    I love how, no matter a Simmer's background, playstyle, or genre preference, we all seem to share the oddly specific fantasy of Sunset Valley exploding.
    9d9hOnJ.png
    edited July 2020
    Well... it's the only one that has an actual before and after apocalypse... worlds. :D Thanks to a certain simmer who created Le Sunset Died. :mrgreen: Thank you, Simcookie

Though I'm thinking about going in and creating a nuclear-ravaged Sunset Valley with glassed over terrain paints...and scorched grass/scorched pavement - with rubble instead of rabbitholes. All my monkeying around on CAW is leading up to that piece de resistance. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    Welcome back! :smiley:

I keep playing Sims 3 because there is so much to do, and I haven't tried everything yet even though I bought it when it came out. And I'm very attached to my sims. I make poses, so I can use my imagination and make my sims "do" almost whatever I want. And the Sims 3 community is awesome! :smiley::heart:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Archivist wrote: »
    Welcome back, @Patch__2008!
    Screenshot-127_nuke2.jpg
    I love how, no matter a Simmer's background, playstyle, or genre preference, we all seem to share the oddly specific fantasy of Sunset Valley exploding.

I can attest to that fantasy lol
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2020
    Archivist wrote: »
    Mine seems to be a little different than that of other players here. The way mine goes, there's no radioactive mushroom cloud or post-apocalyptic aftermath. Instead, the explosion rains down cute little stuffed bunnies and llamas and causes the town's water supply to become tainted as evidenced by peppermint herb flavored iced coffee coming out of the taps instead of plain water. No one dies, there's no ominous "what happened to our world?!" music, and everyone goes to work/school the next day as if nothing happened, but in a slightly happier mood than before. As a side-effect, the town becomes overrun with stray puppies and kittens who are free to anyone who cares to pick them up and give them a loving home. Around eight of them were seen taking a liking to and following the Grim Reaper around, patiently waiting for him to reveal where his loving home actually was.

But igazor, that's not realistic! :angry:

(tapping fingers)
    Yeah, and...? :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I like to bounce around them all as much as time allows. Which last four months have had plenty of that.
    I play three for the horses. Miss them when I play the others.

Did a total reset on my pc recent and made the decision to
    not redownload my saves and have a complete restart. Going to be interesting as am going to just play the base for a bit.
    Doubt I will last long though as I own the store and all the extras so will probably miss them shortly. Especially my horses.

And I do have all my downloads and prev saves tucked away. You know. Just in case.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    edited August 2020
    i started a new game on a new map as old one was getting a bit laggy

didn't realize until after i could have used porter, but oh well :)

i love playing
  • blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    @McTosh Looks like the sims had a really fun time.
    blazerntq wrote: »
    posted by mistake, that was meant for the what happened? thread xD

I only just woke up -_-
    McTosh wrote: »
    blazerntq wrote: »
    posted by mistake, that was meant for the what happened? thread xD

I only just woke up -_-

WaitingForCoffee.jpg

Time for coffee. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I decided today on a whim to check when I'd last played TS3 and according to my Origin the last time I played TS3 was August 2nd, 2018! I was so shocked that I'd gone that long without playing.
    I started playing again today and I realized why I loved that game so much. It's so crazy that two years later I can still sit down and get so immersed in the game that two hours can go by without me even realizing!
    For those still playing TS3 in 2020, what keeps you liking the game?

I don't have as much time to play as I used to, but what keeps me into Sims 3 is I feel it's a better "sequel" than Sims 4. Sims 4 has some good features, but I still feel Sims 3 is superior. I have more fun with it and it feels fuller (despite I have every pack thus far for Sims 4). Right now, I'm doing a legacy and I'm on generation eight. I've had the game since 2012 and I still haven't done everything there is to do. I also still find new little things, or things I'd forgotten about.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Welcome back :)

This game has everything I want from a life simulation for now. I love the appearance of the sims, the open worlds and the fact I can play any way I want. Most of the packs offer additional features and gameplay which only serve to enhance the game. If that is not enough there is even more content available from the store.

In the last couple of years I have tried getting to grips with CAW. With that and the game itself I am learning of new things all the time. Not bad for a game which is 11 years old.

I hope your time playing this game will be just as fun for you. There is certainly plenty to entertain you for hours on end.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I'll be getting back into my apocalypse challenge and playing my 100 baby challenge whch is rotational like TS2 in an open world.I'm also playing TS2 UC with my BACC which is far too easy in TS2 where you can have connected neighborhoods.
    Welcome back to TS3 aka TS2 Open World Edition which is my unofiicial TS3 EP that I play.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • SimmerusSimmerus Posts: 7 New Member
    The soundtrack, sound effects, and art style are just iconic from The Sims 3 era, probably because of The Spinoffs like The Sims Social or The Sims FreePlay reusing TS3 sounds and style, and it gives me this nostalgic feeling, as well as sadness that The Sims 4 doesn't have such an amazing and weird vibe to it... Other than visuals I'm enjoying gameplay a lot and the open world is a real game-changer, as when I play TS4 I get bored pretty fast then I think about why is that and when I find out the reasoning it always comes to the fact of the open-world removal. And the other reason is that I quite like the graphics since I am not a fan of this cartoony style of The Sims 4, many would probably disagree but it's just my opinion although sims without CC looks kinda bad that doesn't bother me much.