Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Most Important Sims Question

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    My First Pet Stuff
    @Simmingal wrote: »

heck back in 2000 i could swear id beat someone up if they play another britney song at me but i be jamming now cause its no longer shoved into my face everywhere and its lowkey jams

Hit me baby.

one more time was too many times
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,566 Member
    Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
    I don't have either, so that speaks volumes.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I'd take MFPS anyday if these two were the only options.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    My First Pet Stuff
    DLC for DLC will always be worse. I actually liked to use KPST for kids bedrooms.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    My First Pet Stuff
    Oh, no no no. See, one of those requires an expansion to even function properly. I would choose to actually play Sweet Treats before I'd buy First Pet Stuff on sale. Give me nonsense. Give me fluff. Give me a pastel cash-grab. But don't expect me to accept DLC for my DLC.

I'll spare you the rest of my rage. But never forget it's there.

29136174_2011679265526465_7641651378351243264_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=raHuhakoE24AX_NgjTr&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=5988dc536fd1231f1b3ea4629377ecba&oe=5F48428A
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    RipleyrawrRipleyrawr Posts: 273 Member
    My First Pet Stuff
    Sweet Treats content was out of place no matter where you put it, but at least it wasn't DLC for DLC.
    iBVfjxN.gif
    Breadquanda is my spirit animal.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Oh no oops I also voted for the wrong one. MFPS is by far worse. What a cash grab honestly.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Oh no oops I also voted for the wrong one. MFPS is by far worse. What a cash grab honestly.

That's okay. You balance out the other wrong vote. :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sweet Treats. Literally the only thing it contributed to the Sims universe was LGR's wonderful abuse of it. (I mean, his review of it.)
    The only reason people hate Sweet Treats is because they hate Katy Perry (mostly because they're trying to be "edgy" by hating anything mainstream, which is ironic, considering the game they're playing is literally a mainstream game lol).

Not true. I feel indifferent about Katy Perry. But I do not like the look of that pack. It gives me tooth ache.

I've enjoyed a KP song or two, but everything in that pack looked god-awful.
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    My First Pet Stuff
    I've actually never played either but in my history of playing the Sims keeping children alive was hard without having pets to deal with too.

In which Sims generation was there a sweets themed pack?! That sounds amazing!
  • Options
    FamilyFriendFamilyFriend Posts: 24 Member
    Wasn't a fan of either but if I must choose one, I like animals so I think the first pet one is the best out of the two
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    My First Pet Stuff
    I have owned the Pets packs for Sims1, Sims2, Sims3 and Sims4. I have had pets all my life. For some reason I pretty much never have pets for my sims and I'm not really sure why. But I always feel that real pets in real life are so much more fun than sim pets.

But to tell the truth, I'm not interested in a lot of stuff packs. I'm more interested in gameplay.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I get much more use out of the stuff in My first pet stuff than I ever did out of Katy Perry's sweet treats. I love Katy Perry's music, so no, I don't hate her, just the stuff pack, which I bought at the time because I liked her. I regretted it as I never used any of the items.
  • Options
    stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    Sweet treats clothes and stuff gave me nightmares :D
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    No disrespect to Katy Perry. I probably couldn't tell you what she sang/sings but I certainly don't dislike her. What I do dislike is when people make comments like that.
    Just the pack was a bit over the top for me. Although it did make for some really cute candy/bake shoppes by builders.
    I don't remember using the clothing though. Nor the lot that came with it. I have recently reset everything and I doubt I will put it back in. I use the pet stuff though so don't consider that a waste of my money.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    My First Pet Stuff
    Tough question. I voted MFPS because I didn't want to buy it. I didn't mind the DLC for DLC as I had Cats & Dogs, and actually like the idea of expanding on previous DLC, but MFPS felt too much like things were left out of Cats & Dogs specifically to fill up this stuff Pack as an extra cash-grab. I remember being ecstatic about Sweet Treats because it was so outrageous and out of this world. Very different than anything before. I liked that concept and bought it immediately... and then ending up not really being able to use it's contents much in my game play. But at least I liked the pack.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    My First Pet Stuff
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats may have been a horrible theme for a pack, but it’s the principal of MFP being a DLC for DLC that’s bad.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    > @WhatCobblers said:
    > I've actually never played either but in my history of playing the Sims keeping children alive was hard without having pets to deal with too.

Actually I have had more trouble keeping the *parents* alive while taking care of the babies/toddlers. No lie, I had several sims die while raising the little horrors - I mean, darling little tykes - while playing sims 2. I haven't dared to try having babies yet in Sims 4. I still have trauma from that.

I can't vote because I haven't bought either. but rabid rodent fever does sound kinda catchy for an ailment. Fudge, I made a pun. Oh, no, is that another one? I'm stopping now.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    There was nothing wrong with 'Katy Perry Sweet Treats'... there's a lot of things wrong with 'My First Pet' (AKA: DLC for DLC).

The only reason people hate Sweet Treats is because they hate Katy Perry (mostly because they're trying to be "edgy" by hating anything mainstream, which is ironic, considering the game they're playing is literally a mainstream game lol). But yeah... I never understood the hatred for the Sweet Treats pack. Even LGR was extremely biased when reviewing the pack... his overall argument was literally "I hate Katy Perry, so this pack is bad!"

How presumptuous of you to assume why I didn't like it. I happen to like Katy Perry. The pack itself offered nothing I would ever use in any build... ever. I have owned ALL Sims products since The Sims 1 including all TS3 store items. There are only 3 things I ever passed up: Sweet Treats, that 70's-80's pack, and the car Diesel thing. Each was passed up because I had absolutely 0 interest in them.

That being said, the ones that I lag behind in buying are usually the branded ones. H&M, Moschino... I hate collabs. The ONLY reason I bought Moschino was because it was on sale. And I still haven't used anything from that pack.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    Katy Perry's Sweet Treats gets my vote. I have nothing at all against her, it's what the package offers.
    No. Just...no.
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I can honestly say I don't think there is/was (because I still occasionally play TS3) a single item in the KP pack that I ever used! At least with MFP there's that window seat and matching loveseat that doesn't look too bad.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,869 Member
    Haha, looks like KP is winning both polls. 😄
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    My First Pet Stuff
    Never bought either, but the idea of DLC for DLC is too much to ignore
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Haha, looks like KP is winning both polls. 😄

Because really most folks secretly love MFPS. Luckily KP is there to save them from saying it out loud. :D
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    edited August 2020
    I guess i should vote on this one as well lol. I am only voting KP because it has celebrity involvment which i dont want nor like. If this was a regular degular stuff pack i would have bought it. I would have used it for making extravagant shops and parks, and things like that. I like niche and out-there themed items like this one. Too bad they had to attach her name to it.

ETA: on the other hand, if they make a sweets themed pack like this for ts4 i would buy it and use it in my sim's bakery. I am asking for one basically, hehe. If it happenes people would probably be like "who even asked for this? XD