Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm excited to see what we get. Space isn't my first choice, but I'm interested to see how it looks.

Just release the teaser already :D:D:p
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Little late to the party, but I just caught up on this thread. My first thought when I saw the icon (without having seen anyone else's speculation yet) was Batuu. It just looks so much like the logos that have been designed for Galaxy's Edge.

Side note, a while back one of the community surveys had a question along the lines of "What brand(s) would you like to see The Sims collaborate with in the future?" and my answer was Star Wars. So, y'know... you're welcome everybody. :D I'm joking of course, I doubt my sole suggestion would influence the creation of a GP. But if (emphasis on 'if', not trying to act like anything is confirmed yet) it does indeed turn out to be a Star Wars pack, it will make me wonder how many more people than just me suggested Star Wars in that survey. At the time, I assumed I was alone in my answer.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Someone on facebook posted this picture. Apparently Brindleton Bay's map view is glitching for them and showing this. They thought it could be something from the next gamepack's new world. That kinda seems unlikely though. What does everyone think?

Fw8RQ5W.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2020
    Was one of the questions What's the best place for a honeymoon? Otherwise it's Gretna Green or Las Vegas! ;)

I remember a SF story called "Honeymoon in Vega"

Sassy ladies, androgynous bacteria, and boxing crocodiles, this anthology of space-faring comedy shorts has it all. This 20th edition volume collects FCC classics "Honeymoon in Vega," "Space Age Boxing Club," and "Lightspeed Dwindorf."

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/honeymoon-in-vega-1/4000-746877/
  • ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    What if this is not new pack icon, but icon for new neighbourhood in pack? (still for me looking like Batuu)

Pack icons are blue with white background,
    ttqJ3HX.png
    while neighbourhoods icons are white on color background (these icons held more resemblance to leaked icon!)!
    e3nuqnQ.png
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited August 2020
    ElectraRai wrote: »
    What if this is not new pack icon, but icon for new neighbourhood in pack? (still for me looking like Batuu)

ttqJ3HX.png
    while neighbourhoods icons are white on color background (these icons held more resemblance to leaked icon!)!
    e3nuqnQ.png

Then why would it be in the game packs area

sparkd-main-menu-2.jpg
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

ttqJ3HX.png
    e3nuqnQ.png

But then why was it shown under "game pack" beside all the other game pack icons?

ttqJ3HX.png
    e3nuqnQ.png

But then why was it shown under "game pack" beside all the other game pack icons?

I said that
    edited August 2020

ttqJ3HX.png
    e3nuqnQ.png

I could see it being possible for a neighborhood icon to be used as a temporary placeholder for whatever reason, but I think the fact that the leaked icon has the blue/light blue geometric pattern, similar to all the other GP icons, is a giveaway that it is the official pack icon.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    But then if it’s not a real icon, why don’t they say it. Like “calm down guys it’s just a joke” or something.
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    Meh. Haven't the last two Game Packs been Sci-Fi (Strangerville) and Fantasy (that magic pack)? I was hoping for something more down-to-earth.

If it's tied in with improvements to the aliens we already have (there's precedent with vampires being introduced in Late Night and "improved" in Supernatural, so those who don't have GTW could get them in the new pack) that would be a plus for quite a bit of the community. We've had "down to earth" in packs like Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out and Parenthood, so I'm willing to see what they have to offer in terms of the Space Race. B)

Of course, the other thing to consider is that The Sims was merely paying tribute to the Star Wars franchise in a bit of inter-company synergy, and this isn't actually a new pack icon at all. :/ (I still want improved aliens -- maybe not a full skill tree like spellcasters and vampires, but at least something better than what we've got.)

A thing to remember is this wasn’t an official reveal. It was an accidental leak, made over the weekend.

EA is on the west coast. It’s 11am here. And there’s a lot of bureaucracy in corporate life. This was probably the first bullet point in a Monday morning meeting and they’ll have to talk to higher ups and get approval or how or if to acknowledge it or respond. They’re not gonna be clarifying things at 9pm on the weekend on Twitter before they’ve been released from an NDA.

Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
    edited August 2020
    What is the 3rd free stuff pack
    edited August 2020
    What is the 3rd free stuff pack

It's the family portrait frame that was made as promotion for The Sims Mobile in 2018. Not sure if you can still get it anymore.
    The planet with 3 suns is Tatooine.

Tatooine has 2 suns. Batuu has 3.

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    There must be some things already in the game that will come in useful for any later pack which now, we don't really know the use of, just adding to the environment totals but won't have to be added later, just used better. Maxis always seems to do this. We had lots of objects that would come into the "Off the Grid" category long before they were really made a major part of the Sulani and Eco Lifestyle's packs.

The spaceships for example don't really go anywhere that you can land on, with the messages puzzling, and the observatory seems to be too big to be useful for anything else but woohooing in. We have met aliens in disguise and The Mother. We need to send ET home and follow him! We probably will get a spacefaring pack sometime if not the next one.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I think it's either out of space pack or superheroes and villains lol
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Someone on facebook posted this picture. Apparently Brindleton Bay's map view is glitching for them and showing this. They thought it could be something from the next gamepack's new world. That kinda seems unlikely though. What does everyone think?

Fw8RQ5W.jpg

HUH ... that's INTERESTING! Sorry for the caps I am just impressed.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Going to go with one of these things...
    1. Werewolves
    2. Winter Resort
    3. *Barfs* Star Wars :(
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    I thing it looks like a small town in the mountains and moon. Maybe werewolves/fairlies or Happy Haunted
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Fw8RQ5W.jpg

I think they just need to update their graphics card. ;)
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Fw8RQ5W.jpg

or that.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Fw8RQ5W.jpg

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 I suspect you are probably right. Ah well too bad!
  • Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    Sakuske1 wrote: »

Regarding the SW theory: Maybe it's about the scrolling text at the opening of every Star Wars movie. Also, the word 'gravitas' (gravity?) is used in the in-game description of these scrolls.