Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What holidays and objectives have you guys created?

BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
The ones I have so far are New Years Eve, Valentines Day, Superbowl, Easter, 4th of July, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas. I'm obviously from the USA but I want ideas for all holidays. Just trying to think of some other ideas.

Does anyone have Mothers Day or Fathers Day? If so what objections would you think?
heartstopper-couple.gif
Post edited by BatmanFanGirl on

Comments

• Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Obviously from the US 😉

I haven't created any, but perhaps you could assist me with a query I have?

Did Seasons originally have Halloween in the calendar as an event? I was certain it did but I messed around with aging length and season length and now I've only got Valentine's, Harvest, Christmas and NYE.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited July 2020
    I am close to switching from 14 day seasons to 28 day seasons, so I’ve added a few in addition to the typical US ones.

Sometime in the spring I plan to make a day for getting in shape for their summer bod.

Already love to do a Naked Gardening Day - streaking, gardening, give gifts (they share their unique seeds with other families in my rotation) and this is the day the gnomes come (instead of Harvestfest) because it just makes more sense with the seeds.

Instead of whatever the game calls Easter I call it Egg Fest - grand meal is the grand breakfast, if there’s kids in the house they have the egg hunt and the flower bunny, and this is the day I have reserved for family photos

Summer Games - I plan on setting up a vacation home where they have activities they will “compete” against each other like horseshoes, who does the best jump into a pool, a bike race, and a pie or hot dog eating contest.

Roller Derby - travel to a skating rink and lighting fireworks

I always make a couple extra holidays leading up to Winterfest to set the mood. One day to decorate, get a tree and bake, then Winterfest Eve they invite guests for a grand meal and Father Winter comes, then Winterfest.

I wish we had more activities to set on holidays and more icons (I don’t want to get a mod for that).
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    Obviously from the US 😉

Did Seasons originally have Halloween in the calendar as an event? I was certain it did but I messed around with aging length and season length and now I've only got Valentine's, Harvest, Christmas and NYE.

Hahah I said in my post I'm obviously from the USA. It should have had "Spooky Day" on the Calendar.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
    babajayne wrote: »
    I am close to switching from 14 day seasons to 28 day seasons, so I’ve added a few in addition to the typical US ones.

Sometime in the spring I plan to make a day for getting in shape for their summer bod.

Already love to do a Naked Gardening Day - streaking, gardening, give gifts (they share their unique seeds with other families in my rotation) and this is the day the gnomes come (instead of Harvestfest) because it just makes more sense with the seeds.

Instead of whatever the game calls Easter I call it Egg Fest - grand meal is the grand breakfast, if there’s kids in the house they have the egg hunt and the flower bunny, and this is the day I have reserved for family photos

Summer Games - I plan on setting up a vacation home where they have activities they will “compete” against each other like horseshoes, who does the best jump into a pool, a bike race, and a pie or hot dog eating contest.

Roller Derby - travel to a skating rink and lighting fireworks

I always make a couple extra holidays leading up to Winterfest to set the mood. One day to decorate, get a tree and bake, then Winterfest Eve they invite guests for a grand meal and Father Winter comes, then Winterfest.

I wish we had more activities to set on holidays and more icons (I don’t want to get a mod for that).

Yeah I got a mod for more Icos but honestly its TOO many more icons and is overwhelming to sort through. I wish we had more activities too. I wonder if there is a mod for that? I'm thinking things like go dancing, go out to eat, go to the movies, go bowling, go bar hopping, there are so many things I can think of. Its kind of a bummer we don't have the option to add activities.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • JENI2810JENI2810 Posts: 29 Member
    I have a Family Day Out - so that includes Travel, Have a drink - really as a reminder to get out the house and do something together, so my family have been to the beach, out for a meal together.
    I also have a Preparation Day - 2 days before Winterfest, to go shopping and i make sure they all have a gifts to give each other.
    I have a Spring Clean day too, with cleaning and gardening I don't always fill up all the activity slots either, that way it doesn't become burdensome.
    We also have a Summer BBQ, Water Fun day too with Invite Guests and Drinks. I like First day of..Season.. Days too. Just thought, these would be a good time to plan outfits too.
    Off to think up some new ideas.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I create holidays such as Garden Day, Fitness Day, Fall Fasting, Sportsball Spring/Fall Playoffs etc.

I also create empty holidays as a way to keep track of the months. First /Middle/Last Day of Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter

One holiday I'm proud of is Holiday Shopping where I use the appreciate object tradition and also the attend holiday ceremony tradition to simulate Sims going "shopping" by leaving the house lol.

I really really wish they would update the game to use more icons in the game and also more tradition types as a console gamer I cannot use mods. 😟
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    Obviously from the US 😉

Hahah I said in my post I'm obviously from the USA. It should have had "Spooky Day" on the Calendar.

I know 😂

Ah, thanks. Shall recreate it.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2020
    I added a Summer BBQ day, Spooky day and also I split Winterfest into two days so the first day is Winterfest eve where sims decorate, bake and father winter visits. The second day they open presents, have a grand meal and some other objectives that I've forgotten without checking. :D I don't really know what else to add but I would like to add more holidays.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    I am using a mod by LittleMsSims (I hope I have her name correct) for 21 day seasons. 7 is too short, 14 isn't quite enough but 28 days is like playing the game without seasons for me. 21 is just right.

I, too, am from the USA, born and bred. I have Ancestors who go back to the Revolutionary War, like others have. I created (borrowing from another Simmer's statement) Church for my future game save and Sunday Go to Meetin' for my 18th century game save. All that is required in the first one is attend holiday services. The second one they also have to serve a Grand Meal. As per some of the 'traditions' I read about describing the culture of the Colony of Virginia.

I have Liberty Day in the future game save and since in my ancestral game save Liberty hasn't yet been achieved, I don't. But, it occurs to me I should think of something for them.

Thanksgiving in the future save and Harvest Day in the 18th century. I have Christmas in both saves; I have Love Day in both saves (that the game comes with) and I put in place Pascha for the future game save. New Year's in both saves, although I may change the time of year in the 18th century, learning fairly recently that the new year used to begin in March. (Before we switched calendars. Chew on that one for a bit. ;) )

And right now, that's about it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited July 2020
    I've changed Winterfest to Christmas Day in my current save, and I also added in Christmas Eve and Boxing Day, both of which are days off work too. Most people have to work on Christmas Eve here in the UK (as far as I know) so I let my sims have the day off off as a treat whenever I add that particular event to a game. I also have New Year's Day as well as New Year's Eve. As I rotate a lot, and almost always on a Sunday morning, I tend to remove the Resolution activity from New Year's Eve and put it in New Year's Day so it's relevant for the family I'm switching to.

I usually delete Brawl Day and sometimes Prank Day, and remove the gnomes from Harvest Fest, and often add a day off of work in the summer but unless I'm playing a themed game, that's about it really.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I always add Summer Fun Day to the calendar because I love summer. They BBQ, go streaking (I do not do this irl ;D ), and sometimes I add water activity. I've also started adding an Arts & Music Festival Day at the end of summer where they appreciate art and music, there was another art/music thing I forget, BBQ, go streaking (hey, it's funny to watch the reactions from the passer-by's.)

I also try to delete the Brawl and Prank Days.

I really wish there was a master calendar you could set up and drop into every game so you didn't have to keep setting it up every time you start a new game. I'd also really like to have Brawl and Prank days not hidden so I could remove them from the get-go.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I rename the holidays to their 'real' names, and streamline them a bit -- Thanksgiving just involves giving thanks and watching sports, Valentine's day is just about romance or drinking alone, etc. I sometimes add "Open Source Celebration Day", which involves playing computer games.
  • AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member

I am using a mod by LittleMsSims (I hope I have her name correct) for 21 day seasons. 7 is too short, 14 isn't quite enough but 28 days is like playing the game without seasons for me. 21 is just right.

I, too, am from the USA, born and bred. I have Ancestors who go back to the Revolutionary War, like others have. I created (borrowing from another Simmer's statement) Church for my future game save and Sunday Go to Meetin' for my 18th century game save. All that is required in the first one is attend holiday services. The second one they also have to serve a Grand Meal. As per some of the 'traditions' I read about describing the culture of the Colony of Virginia.

Cool! My husband's family dates dates back to the settling of New York. In fact, a nearby town is named after his family.
    I am planning a knitting holiday. I haven't figured out the specifics yet but I think it will be fun.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I created Sweetest Day, which is in the US around Fall time....go on date, romantic spirit, give flowers, etc.

Winter Wellness - just a day off to chill and relax - I have a mod that adds activities....so for this holiday, it's all about yoga, relax in sauna, meditation, sleep etc.

Bowl-A-Thon - holiday for bowling; activities are bowling, drinking, invite guests

Shake & Bake - holiday for baking and cooking; activities are baking, and going to a cooking competition

Music Monday - holiday I created on a Monday in any season; activities are play instrument and some other custom ones (forgot)

I use a mod by LittleMSSam that adds activities which this game desperately needs. Hoping they'll add some other activities soon, as I enjoy having holidays in my game.
    Oooo can I ask where you got the mod to add the activities??? :D
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2020
    This is my list of holidays. I think the only default holiday I didn't touch is Winterfest. I'll also share the few mods I use that add more options. :)

Holidays:
    Fools Day * (spring)
    - Streaking
    - Talk Like a Pirate
    - Mischief Spirit
    - Holiday Gnomes
    - Purchase a Lottery Ticket

Fitness Day * (spring)
    - Exercise
    - Fasting
    - Water Fun

Egg Day * (spring)
    - Egg Hunt
    - Flower Bunny
    - Grand Meal

Love Day * (spring)
    - Romantic Spitit
    - Give Flowers
    - Go on a Date
    - Free Food and Drink
    - Watch Romantic TV

Earth Day * (spring)
    - Cleaning
    - Gardening
    - Make Resolutions
    - Skill Improvement
    - Thankful Spirit

Family Day * (spring)
    - Thankful Spirit
    - Give Gifts
    - Games
    - Shopping Rebate
    - Arts & Music Spirit

4th of Summer * (summer)
    - Fireworks
    - Bar-B-Que
    - Drinking
    - Shopping Rebate
    - Water Fun

Leisure Day * (summer)
    - Go on a Vacation or Travel
    - Water Fun
    - Bar-B-Que
    - Shopping Rebate
    - Drinking

Midsummer * (summer)
    - Art & Music Spirit
    - Fire
    - Give Flowers
    - Invite Guests
    - Holiday Gnomes

Skill Day * (fall)
    - Fishing
    - Skill Improvement
    - Baking
    - Dancing
    - Play an Instrument

Deal Day * (fall)
    - Fighting
    - Shopping Rebate
    - Purchase a Lottery Ticket

Harvestfest * (fall)
    - Grand Meal
    - Thankful Spirit
    - Sports TV
    - Air Grievances
    - Baking

Spooky Day * (fall)
    - Tell Stories
    - Carve Pumpkin
    - Wear Costumes
    - Trick or Treat
    - Watch Movies

Souls Day * (winter)
    - Attend Holiday Ceremony
    - Remembrance
    - Spooky Spirit
    - Party Spirit

Lazy Day * (winter)
    - Sleep
    - Games
    - Eat Popcorn
    - TV Season Premiere

Winterfest * (winter)
    - Decorate
    - Festive Spirit
    - Open presents
    - Grand Meal
    - Father Winter

New Year's Eve * (winter)
    - Party Spirit
    - Make Resolutions
    - Countdown to Midnight
    - Drinking
    - Fireworks

Just for fun... Bob Day :star:
    - Baking
    - Bar-B-Que
    - Go Bowling
    - Polar Bear Plunge
    - Drinking

Mods:
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have New Year's Eve (Dec 31), Lunar New Year, Love Day (Valentine's Day and/or White Day depending on how I feel about it), Egg Day, Summer Festival, Harvestfest (Thanksgiving/Chuseok), Spooky Day, a holiday for my legacy sims to honor the family (kind of like a parent's day) and Winterfest.

Depending on the year, I may add additional random holidays (like a Sports Day).

I'm kind of from the US. :D
  • FamilyFriendFamilyFriend Posts: 24 Member
    Sometimes what I do to make the game interesting. You know how we have those little days like "National buy a soda day" "National pancake day" I just put some of those in my calendar to just have some fun, and my sim gets paid holiday time
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    I have a bonfire night but I m english I dont know if Americans celebrate this too
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    What does bonfire night entail?
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I'm not going to remember all the traditions for every holiday, but this is what my calendar looks like since I moved to 28 days per season.

Last day of winter is New Year's Eve. Drinking, Party Spirit, Countdown to Midnight and Fireworks.
    First day of spring is New Year's Day. It has Make Resolutions for sure, and maybe Be Thankful. Can't remember what else.
    Middle of the first week of spring is Love Day. I didn't change it much from what the game came with.

Second Sunday of spring is Blossomfest, the day of the Flower Bunny and the egg hunts, with a religious ceremony. Grand Meal is generally a breakfast or a ham dinner. Used to have baking but it irritates me that eating the baked goods doesn't fill the tradition the way the grilled food does.

Middle of the third week of spring is Fool's Day. I always try to delete the popup holidays and stick with planned ones, so this is basically a regularly scheduled Prank Day.

Last week of spring we have Parent's Day. kind of Mother's and Father's day together. Give Flowers is a tradition, and I believe I put Travel, so my sims can go visit their parents, or take them out for dinner if they still live with them. I might have put in the Art and Music spirit so children would make crafts for their parents, but I can't remember for sure.

Summer starts with the 4th of Memorial, on the first Monday. There's Remembrance, Fireworks, Grilling and Drinking.

The weekend in the middle of summer is Summer Break/Vacation and the tradition is traveling. My sims usually schedule their vacations to include those two days.

Summer ends with Summer's End, which has Water fun, Fires, Grilling and Drinking.

In the middle of the first week of fall is Creative Day, which includes Art & music spirit, Baking and Gardening. No connection to real holidays, just wanted something to fill out the calendar.

Friday of the second week of fall is All Spook's Eve, with costumes, trick or treat, party spirit and mischief spirit. The next day is Day of the Departed, with Remembrance and Spooky Spirit.

Sometime the third week of fall is Anniversary Day, which involves giving gifts and going out. No matter when they got married, their anniversary is in the fall.

Last Thursday of fall is Harvestfest, without the gnomes.

First week of Winter ends with Winterfest Eve and Winterfest. I think they're Friday and Saturday. Winterfest Eve has Father Winter and Decorating, while Winterfest proper has the Grand Meal and gift giving and receiving. One of them may have the religious ceremony.

The following week has Boxing Day I think on Monday, with the traditions of fighting and exercising because I'm into bad puns.

The third Sunday of winter is Big Game Day, with watching sports, playing games, party spirit, having company and drinking.

Later that third week I have Cabin Fever Day, which involves traveling and the polar plunge. For sims who can't stand being inside anymore.

Either the last Sunday of winter or the day before, I have the Holiday of Lights, which is mostly just about lighting the menorah or kinara.

And then we're back at New Year's Eve.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited August 2020
    Spring: Valentine's Day and Easter Sunday
    Summer: Leisure Day
    Fall: Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Black Friday
    Winter: Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's Eve

Just the usual holidays in the United States... the traditions are probably self explanatory.

*Leisure Day (named after Sims 3's holiday) is basically a combination of Memorial Day, Fourth Of July, and Labor Day.
    *Easter Sunday also combines April Fool's Day as well.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Some really good ideas here! I had to make changes to my original post after reading this thread. :blush: Added links to the exact mods I use too.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    I haven't made or tweaked any yet, with the exception of removing 'put up decorations' on winterfest.

I should give it a try!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    What does bonfire night entail?

Fireworks, bonfire sometimes BBQs and glow sticks
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king