Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited July 2020

Finally been waiting <3. LOL 5 seconds in and he sounds so tired....I understand LGR...I'm getting burnt out too.

HE SAID exactly how I feel "a game that has far stayed it's welcome." LOL
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I think he has some good points ...
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Oh thanks for this. I was excited to see his review.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    I think he has some good points ...

Especially what he says at 6:51 . My thoughts exactly.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I love his reviews because they are so well written. In this case, I enjoyed all the alliterations and clever turns of phrase to do with knitting, stitching, sewing etc (some of which actually made me chuckle, like "yarnful encumbrance"). I could have predicted he'd find the the pack superfluous, given his general negativity towards stuff packs as a whole, and the whole "niche" quality of the thing. Personally, I don't agree that the game has "far outstayed its welcome" (at least not for me, because I know many in the community feel the way he does too) but I did enjoy the review anyway, especially the points he made about Plopsy. As for the pack, I've been having fun with it, but then I am mainly a family player. The ability to teach kids to knit, to gift craftables to different family members, and make a variety of things for all ages has made the pack worthwhile to me.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Haha I do enjoy his reviews, he always manages to make me smile.

It probably is a bit of a niche pack, but I like what it adds and would love even more hobbies for my sims. And Plopsy is fun too. I do wish they had added more wood tones for the rocking chair though, as the one brown colour does not match much in the current catalogue.

In the next sims version they really do need to separate colour options, ie. being able to choose the bedding colour and the frame colour, the chair colour and the cushion colour etc.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I love his reviews but I take them with a pinch of salt. (As I do all of the youtuber's reviews). He's tired and disappointed with the game. He's become jaded rather than actually informative as of lately. I don't blame him at all, it has been a lot of packs and it's gone on for more years now than any in the series. I still find his humour entertaining, he's witty and he puts together some good scenes. I'll still watch his videos as long as he wants to keep doing them, but it's not the only opinion I seek. Besides, I can see what's in the pack just as easily as anyone else can on the home screen in game and make up my own mind if I like that stuff or not, no matter what any reviewer says. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Didn't we vote on the content and already knew what was going to be in the pack?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited July 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Didn't we vote on the content and already knew what was going to be in the pack?

Yes. And with SimGuruConnor's deep dives and livestream there was plenty of information to make an informed choice. The basic unknown was what type of bugs might pop up. It would be interesting to know if anyone actually plans their game purchases on reviews.
    edited July 2020

@crocobaura Yeah but that doesn't take away from dissapointment from people who didn't want that. Also I did vote for Arts and Crafts but I did it only because I imagined a pack similar to FreeTime or something. Once I saw the second vote I was immidiately put off by the narrow feature options and I just stopped voting.
    We did have a voice in the pack but we were not the ones who decided on the execution and that's what it's all about.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I did not know sims 4 had 17 stuff packs!! I am shook! When people state that i always assumed they meant the total number of all packs and not just stuff packs. That is a big number but it makes sense when you consider that sims 4 has no store unlike ts2 and ts3. If you put the store items from previous games into packs, you would probably get an equal number of packs or even a higher one.

@crocobaura Yeah but that doesn't take away from dissapointment from people who didn't want that. Also I did vote for Arts and Crafts but I did it only because I imagined a pack similar to FreeTime or something. Once I saw the second vote I was immidiately put off by the narrow feature options and I just stopped voting.
    We did have a voice in the pack but we were not the ones who decided on the execution and that's what it's all about.

Same, I was here thinking we'd get TS4 Freetime somewhat...I would have never voted for arts and crafts if it meant to just knitting would have made my second choice HH top choice...but, after seeing Knitting has became kinda glad HH didn't win.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

My point was that we cannot say that there wasn't enough information on what the pack is about and what it contains. There were very few surprises by the time it was released.

My point was that we cannot say that there wasn't enough information on what the pack is about and what it contains. There were very few surprises by the time it was released.

So?
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I am having more fun with the pack than expected (I voted against both knitting and arts and crafts...), but I absolutely understand and empathize with his point of view. It's there to use and that is about it. Unless you play a knitter, you really will not use this stuff and going in I did not really expect to play knitters since I have no interest in real life.

I have, though, and I have gotten some fun and hilarious moments out of it. Will it stick, though? Well, no one knows until this packs ages some more.

I can say, though, I have been wanting more info about the gamepack well before this come out.
    Naus wrote: »
    He did NOT hold back this time.

LGR: "In my eyes, this is nothing more than another forgettable add-on to an increasingly forgettable game that has far outstayed its welcome."

I know some people will disagree, but I believe he's right. TS4 has overstayed its welcome and stuff packs are just mind-numbingly boring. It's literally watch your Sims perform a couple of new animations over and over. There's no depth whatsoever.

At least they included younger Sims this time, because more often than not they forget children and toddlers exist. But that doesn't make up for the lack of gameplay, the boring knitting animation (seriously, why doesn't the wool change colors at least?) and the lack of depth, which is pretty common for TS4 SPs.

Agree 100% he took the words of what I have been saying for months.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    He was definitely more critical this time.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Short. Simple. entertaining. Not too detailed and honest thoughts afterwards... hard to find within the sims community.

I am fine with the whole voting thing and for me it was always clear in what we get.

The stuff pack will include the top voted gameplay (knitting) from the top voted theme. Additional gameplay from the theme may be included if it fits within the stuff pack scope of the stuff pack, but its not guaranteed

We were informed, it was clear that only one gameplay out of 3 will win. And yeah the other gameplay stuff within this theme are only shown with decorative things, but at least somewhat there.

Expectations...they are still there after 6years. Even though the Sims4 is known for splitting packs and having the same theme in 5 DLCS covered (scam). There are still expectations to have a full blown Freetime Pack like in the sims2, while voting for a stuff pack, when the Team can not even listen to their fanbase about skin colours and we still have object babies...

Sims4 is what it is... its sad honestly, but still enjoyable if you dont expect too much, dont always compare and pay half off...
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I couldn't finish this. His tone is snotty and condescending from the get-go, and I am disinclined to fight through his lousy attitude to sift out any actually useful information.

Is he always like this? Must be a lot of fun at parties.
    With TS3 not really. Great example being Seasons expansion pack.
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I couldn't finish this. His tone is snotty and condescending from the get-go, and I am disinclined to fight through his lousy attitude to sift out any actually useful information.

Is he always like this? Must be a lot of fun at parties.

Dude chill....No need to be a 🌺🌺🌺🌺. LGR is respected in the community, his opinion matters to a lot of people. He's tired like many others...he probably doesn't wanna do these reviews, but when you have MANY people who COUNT on you to do reviews you gotta do what you gotta do! He's real plain a simple and dishes it like it is and is not afraid to speak his mind...

Just don't watch him if you aren't a fan that simple bud.

You don't have to take it personally just because somebody doesn't like the youtuber that we do.
    NNpYlHF.jpg