Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle: Best/Worst NAPs?

In the Eco Lifestyle pack. Which are the best 4 NAPs? Which are the worst 4 NAPs?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I don't like any of them. I thought I might have enjoyed the green one, but it causes a horrible lag that I haven't seen before and since I turned it all off. But as far as worst would be Caring is sharing, and the other one that causes every sim to cheat on their partners.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited July 2020
    I like free love, it's just fun, occasional naked Sims walking around and flirting with your Sim. No jealousy from the spouse, no harm done. It suits for my hippie Sims. I like silly things and random happenings on Sims, so I also like roughhousing encouraged and juiced community.
    The worst is definitely sharing is caring. :#
    I haven't tried many NAPs because I have them on only in two saves, I usually disable them. I really don't want the ones that cause Sims making cakes or having hundreds of clays or future cubes in their inventories.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    The only ones that are good are the ones that are exclusive to Evergreen Harbor and make the neighborhood prettier when you enact them. And the ones to change the community lot are nice aswell. Rest of them are just buggy, serve no purpose and they're ridiculously overpowered and give your sim tons of influence points every time they interact with another sim. Bagheads was fun for a day but it got annoying pretty quick
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Depends on your play style. I like them all for different reasons for different senarios/game play/stories. I do tend to use the gardening one a lot but that's probably because nearly all of my sims have gardens.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I'm sad because I really like the NAPs in theory. I want my neighbourhoods to feel different. But they're so buggy and/or awfully executed! My favourites are probably free love, water & power conservation. I haven't tried all yet.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I always use Self Sufficiency because it causes the fewest problems in my save.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I don't like any of them. I thought I might have enjoyed the green one, but it causes a horrible lag that I haven't seen before and since I turned it all off. But as far as worst would be Caring is sharing, and the other one that causes every sim to cheat on their partners.

Which N.A.P. causes lag?

I didn't get any lag when first playing EL--but after playing around with N.A.P.s I get 5-10 seconds of horrible lag every time I load into a Lot, as if something is burdening the game each load.

Just curious which N.A.P.s cause this from your experience, so I can remove/avoid them.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Best: Depends on the household I'm playing, but I have a soft spot for the artistic one where townies occasionally stop to take photos. I think it's called Support Creative Arts in english.

Worst: We were bags. I've yet to find a use for it, it's far too situational. Even Sharing is caring has a place (in combination with Roughousing encouraged it makes for deviously bad neighborhoods), but the only time I found the bags even remotely useful was right after a volcano eruption at Sulani.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Best: Depends on the household I'm playing, but I have a soft spot for the artistic one where townies occasionally stop to take photos. I think it's called Support Creative Arts in english.

Worst: We were bags. I've yet to find a use for it, it's far too situational. Even Sharing is caring has a place (in combination with Roughousing encouraged it makes for deviously bad neighborhoods), but the only time I found the bags even remotely useful was right after a volcano eruption at Sulani.

We wear bags combined with the sharing is caring NAP, will make give us masked burglars. :lol:
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I think bags could be used in a neighbourhood that's very shady and sims don't want to be seen there so they mask themselves.
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Wouldn't know, since no matter which NAPs I've enacted, and even after disabling and cheat repealing them, my sim still cancels whatever I want her to do to either practice making drinks, play with one of her endlessly spawning lumps of clay that I've become rich selling constantly, giving people fake bad news and then feeling embarrassed about it, using the design tablet and making white cake. Even with autonomy off. Only other NAPs I've managed to see at play is the bags one and I think I have a couple of incomplete commercial lots somewhere due to sharing is caring. I was really looking forward to some of these, even roughhousing, for some stories, but I can't really play them right now.

Oh, I do enjoy the day without power a week.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    The only ones that are good are the ones that are exclusive to Evergreen Harbor and make the neighborhood prettier when you enact them. And the ones to change the community lot are nice aswell. Rest of them are just buggy, serve no purpose and they're ridiculously overpowered and give your sim tons of influence points every time they interact with another sim. Bagheads was fun for a day but it got annoying pretty quick

This. The ones exclusive to Evergreen Harbor are the only good ones. The rest are just stuff you can already do in the game. Constant Sim Fighting NAP? We have that in Season as an Holiday! Dims Doing Art? We have that as Organization in University, and all of them can be easily be remade in the Clubs from Get Together. This is a wasted Opportunity.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited July 2020
    My normal picks for most saves and neighborhoods now are: Foodies Unite, Green Gardening, Rock your Body and Mind, Self-Sufficiency, and Promote Creative Arts.. sometimes Support the Performing Arts and Tech Support depending on the sim I'm playing.
    The others that I've used are by save... So Free Love, Caring is Sharing and Juiced Community are strictly restricted to a fun chaotic save.
    I feel kind of bad in that I really haven't tried any of the real Eco NAPs yet except for Eco Friendly Appliances and that was great with a handiness skilled sim. I just don't like the idea of being fined for those sims that don't follow through or bad moodlets for not participating.
    I'll probably never use Roughhousing Encouraged one again, at least in the vanilla game .. so I guess that one is my "worst".

Lol.. I had to add that I've had the Free Love and Rock your Body one going it was pretty funny to see all the naked joggers. Think I have to add the we wear bags into the mix and see what that looks like.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I have them disabled and haven’t had any issues. The only three I enjoy for Port Promise are the three in the pic. On Water Conservation Day, my Sims just visits one of his relatives' houses since the water is off. I like being fined as it makes things more realistic. I find any NAP causing Sims to do random crazy things all the time is super annoying.

Neighborhood-Action-Plans.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I don't know which ones are the best. But the worst is Sharing is Caring. It's so spammed where Sims just come in and can literally swipe anything....even high value items. But your Sim can't hardly take anything. I think I'd like it more if it were more balanced.

The rest are just annoying....my Sim can be in a middle of a conversation with another Sim....& the other Sim all of a sudden starts doing push-ups and exercising for that NAP for Exercising. & I'm like screaming at my computer....'um, will you stop exercising, I'm trying to talk to you'.

I just tried Free Love, which I haven't seen what does yet. Back in the Old Days might be cool too....not sure. So many I haven't tried. I try to stick to basic ones like Gardening or Upcycling.
  • Options
    pandykekekepandykekeke Posts: 54 Member
    For me definitely sharing is caring... I really hope they fix it because it's so dumb and ironic since NAPs are supposed to bring POSITIVE change but no... everyone is STEALINg and it's actually BREAKing lots.

Question: Can your own sims actually steal things? I haven't been able to do that.

ALSO there should be an interaction like "return item" when the item is spotted again because it's about SHARING right, so it should be fine if things go back to their original place??

I haven't tried a lot of the other NAPs, only the eco-friendly ones mostly but with Foodies Unite, wouldn't it be nice if someone makes a visit and offers to cook ONE meal? like it can be a pop-up dialogue similar to drop-ins in City Living. WHAT IS THE POINT OF SPAMMING WITH CAKES honestly.

JUST CAN'T THINGS BE MORE REALISTIC???

Another question: which NAP is the one spawning all the clay??? So annoying...
    Origin ID: pandykekeke
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't know which ones are the best. But the worst is Sharing is Caring. It's so spammed where Sims just come in and can literally swipe anything....even high value items. But your Sim can't hardly take anything. I think I'd like it more if it were more balanced.

The rest are just annoying....my Sim can be in a middle of a conversation with another Sim....& the other Sim all of a sudden starts doing push-ups and exercising for that NAP for Exercising. & I'm like screaming at my computer....'um, will you stop exercising, I'm trying to talk to you'.

I just tried Free Love, which I haven't seen what does yet. Back in the Old Days might be cool too....not sure. So many I haven't tried. I try to stick to basic ones like Gardening or Upcycling.

Back in the old days makes mistery books spawn in the inventory as crazy! And the sims will be reading non stop. It's another anoying nap.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The anoying ones imo are foods united, sharing is caring, back in the old days, we wear bags, juicy community, the criativity one and the exercising one.

Yeah a lot of them...

I don't know why i thought that this nap feature was connected to the community spaces... i thought that when i saw the livestream.

It would make so much more sense if no npc autonomy was changed and instead the community spaces would change with stuff related to naps and also this stuff could spawn in the neighbourhoods... like if we chose the exercising one some exercise machines would spawn in the neighbourhood free spaces... that would lead to npc's using the machines as they normally use the childrens playground or the grills...
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited July 2020
    my sim steals his own stuff usually chairs and sofas and he hasn't got the steal trait and he isnt mean either. they dont show up in the family inventory and I have to either make new in the fabricator or buy again. makes me so annoyed. But I love the echo pack, best yet I think, has anyone tried it in other neaighborhoods?? Another thing i don't like about it is too much empty space and not enough houses or flats or both to live in, not even a community childrens park, with all that space it would be nice to have one. i do love the fabrictor and the chance to make money doing plans etc, and changing spaces. i like that we can vote what happens to community space and enviroment.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited July 2020
    I don't like any of them. They are spammy, buggy and you can't even remove them properly. They can still get stuck on your sims even if you remove them. And more sims can get them if you switch or visit other households, which almost make them almost behave like a virus. I had so many sims that kept using the future cube and play the guitar even when the NAP's were gone. Without simvasion's mod I probably would have uninstalled the pack...
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    my sim steals his own stuff usually chairs and sofas and he hasn't got the steal trait and he isnt mean either. they dont show up in the family inventory and I have to either make new in the fabricator or buy again. makes me so annoyed.

This sounds like the Recycle Disciple trait. If they don't recycle enough, they will pilfer their own stuff. VERY poorly implemented trait. :/

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Yeah, I don't know what I thought they would do when I learned of them, but not that they would override e v e r y t h i n g including a sim's ability to feed themseleves. I guess I thought they'd work a little like clubs, in that, left to their own devices, a sim might start doing one of the enacted activities and if you made them do them, they'd get some sort of boost. I thought I could enact arts in the art district in San Myshuno or Mirage Park in Del Sol Valley and it'd be nice to see sims performing around because everybody wants to be discovered. Like they would bring ambiance and life to the game. That in certain areas of Britechester you would see everyone drinking and think yeah this is a college town. That seeing people constantly working out in the streets would make sense for rich neighborhood. I thought roughhousing would be fun for others, but my sims stop whatever they're doing to witness a fight every five seconds at restaurants. I love NPCs reacting to things, but having to cancel and requeue actions for active sims is becoming exhausting.
  • Options
    qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    The arts and music one is super annoying. My sims who don't have any music ability and don't own instruments will whip a violin out of no where and start playing.

What?!?
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    qpmomma wrote: »
    The arts and music one is super annoying. My sims who don't have any music ability and don't own instruments will whip a violin out of no where and start playing.

What?!?

This annoys me too. I like it fine for the townies. The background sims can do what they like and I think the NAPS could make that a little more interesting.

I don't much care for when the sim I'm in control of does it. I thought for them it would work more like a background boost to those skills when YOU choose to do them. Although, that said, I don't recall now if I've actually seen my own sim do it since the latest patch, it might have been fixed or at the very least, toned down.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    The only ones I like are the green initiatives and modern development for the Evergreen Harbor neighborhoods. All others are a huge disappointment, I don't like how they take over sims actions to do the NAP behaviors instead. They're over the top, mess up my gameplay, and usually don't make sense (like my programmer suddenly playing a violin he doesn't own). Caring is Sharing is even worse. I hate how it destroys community lots and I'd have to constantly edit them to replace stolen objects. Except for Green Initiatives and Modern Development, all other NAPs are banned in my game. The feature needs a COMPLETE overhaul.