Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what you think of Plopsy?

Now that we finally have our hands on nifty knitting and can finally play around with Plopsy what do you think of it?

I like it so far I think it adds a difficulty to earning money we've not had before, granted i've not played with it long but it seems like it's going to take a while to earn any money off of it. I can see myself pairing it with a sim who has a business and use Plopsy as a way for her to do "online deliveries"

let me know what your thoughts are and how your going to incorporate Plopsy into your gameplay :D

Comments

• Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I like it so far. I for one thing like that it gives me to buy craftables like candles, herbal mixtures, potions, candles and the new knit items/clothes. It makes it easier to get some of these as I don’t use debug often.

As far as selling it’s pretty cool. I’ve only had a sim sell a few paintings but they sold in less than a day and I like the pop ups you get throughout the process. My only thing is I wish you could set prices and change your plopsy name. Nothing major though as you still make a good amount more selling here than through inventory plus it adds realism.

I currently plan on using it for my artsy sims who paint a lot but at other points will use it for candles and knitting as well plus whatever else the game throws at me. I wish you could sell fabricated objects but I get why that’s not a doable thing.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I had two items listed and one item expired with no sale and the other is set to expire tomorrow. I guess because the quality was normal. Socks and a mailbox cover.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I love it, I have paintings selling for $4,000-$5,500!
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited July 2020
    I wish we could of managed or created our own profile. Like changing our name and setting prices like the previous comment mentioned. One thing that I would of liked was a waiting period of a few sim days after making a purchase on plop & receive the item in mail. Just like you would if you purchase on Etsy. (Make plop more unique ya know?)
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm enjoying plopsy. My sim has several photos listed. He has already sold 3 of them and some are about to expire. It's much more realistic than selling from the inventory. Every crafter knows that not all crafts are going to get always sold.

I also like that we get a message by notification saying how much the buyer enjoyed receiving the craft. It happens after a while. Im not sure if the day after the sell or some hours after it.

I haven't bought anything yet.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I like Plopsy, though I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed that I can't sell the items from eco living like the fizzy drinks or the fabricated items. But they addressed this in the livestream so I knew going into it & it's understandable why it wasn't included.

I do love having Plopsy as another way to sell items for storytelling purposes. It's perfect for my 100 Baby Challenge. I have my matriarch selling the eco living stuff in a yard sale or at the flea market & then Plopsy for all the other items, like floral arranging and knitting items. My matriarch is an entrepreneur, & I use Plopsy for her "online deliveries". Making tons of money on the floral arrangements, but not so much yet on knitting (level 3 skill so far). Having fun and I can see me using Plopsy frequently in my Saves.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited July 2020
    I like it. Pascal Curious bought a pair of socks from me! I just wish I didn't have to run back home every time someone bought something.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    edited July 2020
    Plopsy? 🤔
    Nevermind. Found out what it is. Need to find time to play more.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Does selling stuff on Plopsy give you fame (if you have Get Famous installed)? I really hope not...
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Does selling stuff on Plopsy give you fame (if you have Get Famous installed)? I really hope not...

No it doesn't, a dev in the livestream said there were too many ways to gain fame already in the game.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    simm621 wrote: »

No it doesn't, a dev in the livestream said there were too many ways to gain fame already in the game.

Excellent, thank you :D
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I haven’t used it for selling but I did browse around a bit. I like that you can’t just buy every crafted item at the get go but still get some crafty things if your sims aren’t crafty themselves.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I don't have NK yet but I am curious about Plopsy.

From what I understand, not all items are guaranteed to sell?
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    My sim has had several excellent quality items listed for days with no sale. I wonder how long it takes to sell something.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I only just got around to watching the livestream lol. But, from there, it looks like you list stuff on Plopsy 'magically' - I would have thought your sim would need to go and sit at a computer to list it, or at least pull out their phone and list it via a phone app... I'm a bit disappointed with that.

But I can't wait to start buying and selling stuff, that part will be fun.
  • Options
    I only just got around to watching the livestream lol. But, from there, it looks like you list stuff on Plopsy 'magically' - I would have thought your sim would need to go and sit at a computer to list it, or at least pull out their phone and list it via a phone app... I'm a bit disappointed with that.

@elanorbreton they do pull out the phone to list the items.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Oh! Haha I must need new glasses, I only saw the sim swipe the painting. Thanks for that info x
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I like it.
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »

Oh! Haha I must need new glasses, I only saw the sim swipe the painting. Thanks for that info x

I've noticed that cause my sim is a photographer. He takes 5 photos at a time. He sells 4 of them to magazines (that is magical hahah) and then he pulls out his phone and lists the last one on plopsy.
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited July 2020
    After watching videos and reading comments.... (Don't have NK yet)

Basically, plopsy seems like a copy/paste of the store-like script that pops up when you want to buy stuff like seeds, medicine, or items from the ROM shops.... that doesn't really do anything extra except give you the option to buy pretty much most things offered by all the packs as a whole..... rather than be limited to one pack such as the ROM store popup.... or the buy seeds popup.

I'm not sure if its fair to consider it like ebay or etsy, or more so like an all-in-one mall script. I think the only thing that makes plopsy seem more like an online marketing tool is that you don't need to travel to a shop to use it... such as ROM shops.

Overall, plopsy seems great when considering the idea of it, being that it opens the door to buying and selling at least most items in the game. I like the marketing value it adds to the sims households.......

........ However, when it comes to "using" it. It seems like something that would be completely boring. It doesn't have it own look and feel separating it from the obvious script it was copied from, it doesn't come with any notable features (can't create profiles, set prices, etc), there's no need to manage the sales by mailing the sold stuff, and on the selling end of plopsy, it seems we don't even get the store-like popup.

So far, again, based on videos and comments shared by others, plopsy seems more like a semi-rabbit hole mall of a buy/sell feature for sims pack items.

Please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Edit:
    ..... With the economy tweak leaving my rent for a mansion size house at being just 500 or so simoleans a week, my 4 sim household really doesn't need more money. So when it comes to plopsy, I was more interested in the "entertainment" value side of the feature, not so much the "economic" side.

I was hoping plopsy was fun to use, not just be economically convenient. It's ok if I only get 1200 simoleans for a painting by clicking/selling as usual rather than 4000 using plopsy..... because truth be told... my sims don't even need the 1200.

Edit:
    .... just bought pack so i'll see for myself what plopsy is about.
    Post edited by muzickmage on
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I don't have the pack yet, but eventually I want to use Plopsy to buy christmas presents :)
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I like that it's realistic. I've sold stuff on Etsy before. People aren't clamoring to buy your wooly socks. Sometimes things don't sell, and you aren't going to get rich from it.

I prefer to play poor, struggling sims and I was worried that Etsy would make TOO much money. But it doesn't seem to be that way. Knitting isn't going to make you rich OR famous, and that's exactly what I wanted.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I've seen potions on plopsie from Realm of Magic. If I buy and give them to a sim willl the sim drink them or will they just hold them?

I haven't been able to get potions to work unless a witch gives them out.
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited July 2020
    After buying Nifty Knitting, and playing around with plopsy a bit, I have discovered that IMO plopsy is a very convenient feature that is easy to like for its household marketing scheme, while at the same time, being about as entertaining as a glass of water.

Plopsy is a copy/paste script that we've already seen pretty much since day one (6 years ago) that allows you to browse the store-like listings.... no differently than buying seeds, or shop items.... that allows you zero user options other than "buy" and "quantity" of items.

Add to that the selling side of plopsy being limited to rabbit-hole sales. You click on item, choose "sell on plopsy", and that's it. Item disappears from house, and shows up in sims' inventory.... which you can then see plopsy info by hovering mouse over item.

As for browsing plopsy to see your listings.... that option doesn't seem to exist. You can browse plopsy to see what items you can buy, but not to see what items you are selling. To keep track of the items you have listed on plopsy you will need to visit the sims inventory.

And yea... that's plopsy.
    Post edited by muzickmage on
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    edited July 2020
    I like that it sells craftables, very handy if you want the items without crafting them/using cheats. I dont think i will use it much to sell since i prefer yard sales and the flee market.