Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did they change CAS?

After the latest patch (july 23rd/1.65.70.1020) everything in CAS is showing up in a completely different order? Is anyone else experiencing this?

I tried without mods, same result.

27UE0rQ.png

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    yeah i think stuff is ordered from release now? i think.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited July 2020
    @logion wrote: »
    After the latest patch (july 23rd/1.65.70.1020) everything in CAS is showing up in a completely different order? Is anyone else experiencing this?

I haven't tried it yet, but I know for sure that my CAS doesn't have 'Kvinnlig' as an option. What does it mean? :)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited July 2020

I haven't tried it yet, but I know for sure that my CAS doesn't have 'Kvinnlig' as an option. What does it mean? :)

Female/feminine in swedish.

I'm not a huge fan of them changing everything like this...I am no longer finding items as easy as I used to.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Instead of adding more rows (so we dont need mods for it) they do this...
    Bump me so the devs see how to improve CAS properly: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950325/remodel-cas-interface
    edited July 2020
    Female/feminine in swedish.

Ah! I've learned a couple of things about Sweden on the forum lately. Something about the Gingerbread House tradition yesterday. Nice!
    logion wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of them changing everything like this...I am no longer finding items as easy as I used to.

I have to admit, my CAS is in such chaotic state at the moment I've forgotten the order of things a long time ago. I do remember that packs were sort of mixed, so assume the way that they are categorized has changed?
    Get the mod to have five rows and you will find more and easily too because you can see more.
    edited July 2020
    I have to admit, my CAS is in such chaotic state at the moment I've forgotten the order of things a long time ago. I do remember that packs were sort of mixed, so assume the way that they are categorized has changed?

I think everything that is basegame are now listed at the top... and the other items from the other packs are listed together after.
    Zasz wrote: »
    Get the mod to have five rows and you will find more and easily too because you can see more.

Yes, I use the more columns mod usually, I removed it when I noticed that the order was different, I will add it back now.

It has a new version because of the patch.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I noticed that and it bothers me. After all this time creating Sims and remembering where every clothing item is I now spend most of the time trying to find where everything is.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2020
    I hadnt noticed, but then again i never remember the order they appeared in cas as they seemed to be totally random instead of sorting it by the order of their particular release date.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sorry, the screen is too small for me to see what the problem is, plus I never had it memorized, despite how often I take my Sims back into CAS.

As to the other poster's concerns, why would you expect knitting to show up when the SP hasn't launched yet? It's set for release on Tuesday 28th. In two days.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited July 2020
    As to the other poster's concerns, why would you expect knitting to show up when the SP hasn't launched yet? It's set for release on Tuesday 28th. In two days.

I don't think anyone in this thread expects 'Knitting' to show in their CAS. What do you mean?

My bad, the screen is too small I took 'Kvinnlig' to be Knitting. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php

My bad, the screen is too small I took 'Kvinnlig' to be Knitting. :open_mouth:

I was wondering... ;)
    LOL I was wondering about the Swedish. Curse these eyes!
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I didn't memorize the order they used to be in, could not figure out what method it was. If they rearranged it to make it more organized then i guess that is better, although currently inconvenient for anyone who was used to the old way. The only thing i memorized is the mac makeup was always in the top rows, hope they dropped those eyeliners to the bottom now.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I think they may have reorganized to accommodate the new knitwear that’s incoming for those who buy Nifty Knitting.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I thought I'd gone mad! It's ok though, I can get used to this too. It's likely as @Pamtastic72 has said and because of the knitting.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I suppose I haven't noticed it since over the last year or so, I've been buying up the odd DLC pack here and there. So it keeps changing for me anyways each time. Plus the CC clothing I keep adding or deleting. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited July 2020
    Camkat wrote: »
    I thought I'd gone mad! It's ok though, I can get used to this too. It's likely as @Pamtastic72 has said and because of the knitting.

Most likely. Strange of them to not mention it. I am slowly getting used to it now after a couple of hours...

Hairstyles are a bit more difficult to remember by pack though.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Yeah, I kind of had to hunt for stuff, but I do actually like that the items from packs are together now, and my CC is not all mixed in.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Oh lord what on earth is going on with the game rn I literally cannot.

Why do they fix stuff that is not broken? Why do they not mention this anywhere? Why do they NOT fix the stuff that IS broken? I do not understand.
    origin ID: adduapina
    adduapina wrote: »
    Why do they fix stuff that is not broken? Why do they not mention this anywhere? Why do they NOT fix the stuff that IS broken? I do not understand.
    Im asking myself the same for years. Not just when it comes to the devs of the sims but for other games aswell. These people spent years to learn how to code, how to find problematic code thats causing bugs, work out concepts before coding... but change things that nobody benefits from and dont see the elephant code in the room thats half over CAS that should have gotten attention years ago.

The only answer I found is one word that describes such behavior: Incompetence.
  • S3bSterS3bSter Posts: 32 Member
    Zasz wrote: »
    adduapina wrote:

Im asking myself the same for years. Not just when it comes to the devs of the sims but for other games aswell. These people spent years to learn how to code, how to find problematic code thats causing bugs, work out concepts before coding... but change things that nobody benefits from and dont see the elephant code in the room thats half over CAS that should have gotten attention years ago.

The only answer I found is one word that describes such behavior: Incompetence.

👏👏
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yes, I noticed and it's really bothering me. Not that I had it memorized, but the order things were in made it easier to find what I was looking for....but now I scroll, scroll, scroll.....and the CC I use is all over the place. I'll get used to it....but definitely not thrilled with this change.

Off topic, but anyone notice the Gallery changed too...and the Popular items are sorted differently too. I'm assuming the sorting changes is from the new stuff Knitting in CAS & Spark for Gallery