Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are the "green_threshold " and "industrial_threshold" tunables?

Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
Hi!
Well, I've been reading from some EA Changers that polluting the world is kind of hard because of the lack of options. After some research I ended up finding (through TDESC) a file called "eco_footprint.eco_footprint_tuning" where (according to TDESC) I should find a green and industrial threshold, however, I can't find them on the code.

This is where those tunables should be located:

Captura.jpg

And this the actual code:

Captura2.jpg

There's no reference to those thresholds. I never found this in the past. Is it a mistake? I would be really thankful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Comments

• SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I'm curious about this as well. Did you open an object that already had an eco footprint or were you looking at one without to add one?
  • classicdisastrclassicdisastr Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I know this thread is old but I hope I can help anyone else trying to find tuned values that are not defined in the actual tuning files.

Getting the default values takes decompiling EA's game code, but once you do, open the associated py file defined in "n" at the top, (eco_footprint_tuning.py).

You'll find the tunable definitions that map to the file and provide defaults. Within the ECO_FOOTPRINT_STATE_DATA variable are the default values for "green_threshold" (-400) and "industrial_threshold" (400). You would then be able to override these defaults by creating your own copy of the xml file above.

Example of the python definition:

green_threshold=Tunable(description='The number at or below which a street or lot is considered green. ', tunable_type=int, default=-400), industrial_threshold=Tunable(description='The number at or above which a street or lot is considered industrial.', tunable_type=int, default=400)