March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The game is super buggy... Will that stop you from buying Nifty Knitting?

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I experience little to no bugs and will be buying Nifty Knitting.
    I rarely get bugs and when I do it's nothing game breaking. and my game play has not be impacted in any way shape or form so I'm definitely buying! B)
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I experience many bugs and will NOT be buying Nifty Knitting UNTIL they're fixed.
    I would not say they are many but i have met some bugs, the one that was most annoying to me with cats vanishing have been fixed in the recent patch but i would have bought the pack even if it was not. It is just that i am excited for it, i might have waited if that was not the case.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I never wanted Nifty Knitting to begin with and will not be purchasing it regardless.
    With all the current bugs in this game right now that they've had two patches to fix, plus all the other bugs that never got fixed from previous packs I won't be buying anything else. I haven't gotten a single pack since GTW and until they decide to fix that one (which I seriously doubt they will at this point) EA won't be getting anymore of my money.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    I experience many bugs and will NOT be buying Nifty Knitting UNTIL they're fixed.
    I don't use mods and I experience many bugs in the sims. I bet if I used mods I would experience little to no bugs in the sims.

Btw, Bethesda Games Studio tops Electronic Arts in quality control, bug testing, etc., because I don't use mods and I experience little to no bugs in their games.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I get occasional bugs, but since I didn't buy Eco Lifestyle, I think I have fewer than some people.

I'm a teeny bit apprehensive about the Knitting pack, that it might come with new bugs, so I might wait a few days to see what happens in other peoples' games, lol. I feel that since the devs are working remotely instead of in the EA/Maxis studios, the bug probability has been amplified, as one would expect.
    #Team Occult
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited July 2020
    few bugs,
    nothing game breaking noticed yet

but also I been spending a lot in these sales so I think im going to get NK later

didn't even get eco yet so i might also bundle if upcoming gp is any good
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I experience many bugs, but I will be buying Nifty Knitting anyway just NOT immediately on release day.
    I'm probably going to wait until I can bundle it, which won't be for a while because I currently own all the game packs. I am hoping that the reduction in bug fixes per patch is caused by the working from home situation and that it will improve in time.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I experience many bugs, but I will be buying Nifty Knitting anyway just NOT immediately on release day.
    I'll probably get bugs but I want the pack at some point. If I can I'll wait until it's 50% off but I might be tempted by 25% if that happens first.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I experience many bugs, but I will be buying Nifty Knitting next week.
    I buy everything despite expecting many bugs. I would honestly be surprised if EA ever released a title that didn't have bugs.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'll be buying Nifty Knitting a few days after release when after I've earned enough money for it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2020
    I never wanted Nifty Knitting to begin with and will not be purchasing it regardless.
    Too many bugs and I stopped buying packs for good over a year and a half ago.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I experience little to no bugs and will NOT be buying Nifty Knitting.
    Few bugs, at most t-posing and resetting here and there, also the basil and sage glitch, but the N.A.P. bug from EL is a dealbreaker for me and I'm not sure if yesterday's patch has fixed my particular issue that is only a sub-issue of the original problem (my autonomy off sims suddenly did autonomous actions related to NAPs). At the moment the mod I use to fix the problem is working like a charm and I'm not going to risk my working game for a stuff pack that I'm only moderately interested in. Knitting can wait, I'll stay offline for the time being.
    (I might sing a different tune if the new packs are winter vacation or gang wars.)
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I don't use mods and I experience many bugs in the sims. I bet if I used mods I would experience little to no bugs in the sims.

Btw, Bethesda Games Studio tops Electronic Arts in quality control, bug testing, etc., because I don't use mods and I experience little to no bugs in their games.

I'll take that bet and raise you 5. LOL I don't use mods However I do know everyone has a different experience.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I am not excited about Knitting Stuff, but my friend is and we are going to play it "together" if you will. Plus, for $10 and all it includes, it is fine.

Anyway, bugs. I usually only encounter a few. Annoying as they may be, they are not game breaking so it works.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I've had so few bugs, I don't even notice them. I don't play with any mods though. I guess everyone experiences something different. Yet, I always Delete Cache Files and other files before I play and use this link that a Sims tech support gave me years ago to know which files to delete. https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

I'm so buying Nifty Knitting next Tuesday.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I play vanilla & the bugs that I experienced did not really interfere with my gameplay. If I got irritated, I'll build to take away my frustration then come back to play with my Sims once I'm okay to play. I don't really get stressed out when it's involved the Sims because I control the outcome or how I want to play with it. I'll buy it, but not on the released day. I still have a lot of packs that I need to explore more in-depth, because I usually explore the gameplay along with my current household.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »

I'll take that bet and raise you 5. LOL I don't use mods However I do know everyone has a different experience.

I guess I should have added that I own all packs including eco living and all my sims are gardeners. Also eco living is not working as advertised, because it keeps going back to neutral. I don't do anything to change it from green, my sim is the only resident in newcrest. And there was nap voting in the neighborhood and my sim wasn't voting but naps were being passed.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Currently I can't play my game because of a bug (can't update Sims 4) so there is no sence in buying any new content for this game! (PS: I already posted on the bug-forum and hit the "me too" button on somebody's post.)
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    My game is broken. I had a serious eye infection and could not play for months but recently I was again able to play and started opening restaurants, bakeries, a vet clinic and clothing shop in many of the worlds and was having a blast running them but recently especially after the last update, I can no longer run my businesses. At one upscale restaurant which had always run flawlessly, suddenly the customers no longer would sit down to eat....they order but leave the tables and never go back to finish eating, instead they hang out chatting it up with other customers.,..they never pay and no money comes in...I keep losing money. At my Italian restaurant, again it always ran flawlessly....people congregate in the vestibule...never get seated...and all they do is brawl and do pushups...again food is served to empty tables and hardly any money is made...the brawls are endless. At my favorite restaurant in Sulani, the Kuhana Island Restaurant ran beautifully at first but now, it is a total nightmare...after paying for all the training for my staff, suddenly, I keep losing them and having to rehire and retrain new staff because essential business objects keep disappearing such as a sink in the bathroom or a waiter station and the second one is gone, my staff march out the door and I lose them permanently. I will replace the object, have to rehire and retrain staff but it never gets that far any more, I am only open a few seconds and the sink is gone again and the chef starts walking out. It is just unplayable. I checked on lot traits with all my restaurants and it is not the lot traits that are causing these things to happen. Since this is how I am playing rght now, I really have not much reason to play right now. I have not turned off Eco gameplay but will try that now. I would appreciate any input from fellow simmers. Thanks in advance.
  • Mizz_TriceyMizz_Tricey Posts: 32 Member
    I really dont have any bugs that are related to EA. I just need to go through my MODs folder lol. Im going to buy the pack because I like adding to the depth of the game.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'm very upset about this. I desperately want the knitting pack but I'm not prepared to deal with broken gardening and ridiculously low bills.
    I still haven't installed the pre-eco lifestyle patch, as I understand that's what broke everything, and I'm not prepared to update my game until these issues have been resolved.

BTW does anyone know if the latest patch actually stopped pets disappearing like they said it would?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I buy everything despite expecting many bugs. I would honestly be surprised if EA ever released a title that didn't have bugs.

Sorry to pick your comment (not trying to target you or anyone else specifically) but when I see comments like this it makes me sad. Its so disheartening to see that despite the game being a buggy mess for some, and ea not fixing a lot of the problems, people still continue to buy packs. Instead of holding ea accountable for their broken game people continue to buy whatever they put out even if its not the best quality because that's what ea has conditioned us to expect. Yeah all games have a bug or two but when things get this bad maybe we should take a step back and ask ourselves is it worth it to spend my money on this?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    To update my above post, I turned off eco gameplay but it had no impact on the bugs in the game. I added extra sinks to my lot and caught customers swiping the sinks and counters and dining tables etc. I locked everyone but employees out of the kitchen and bathroom and that fixed the problem of essential objects going missing. It seems that as long as you have a sink in the bathroom even if customers cannot get to it, it still satisfies the requirement to have one. The dining room tables being swiped is still an open problem.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I guess this one fits closet to me? I don't expect all the bugs fixed before I buy a new pack. I'd like to see some of the more urgent ones introduced from the last pack addressed first though.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I've had so few bugs, I don't even notice them. I don't play with any mods though. I guess everyone experiences something different. Yet, I always Delete Cache Files and other files before I play and use this link that a Sims tech support gave me years ago to know which files to delete. https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

I'm so buying Nifty Knitting next Tuesday.

Thank you for that link, I always delete cache but did not know to delete thumbnail cache too, thank you, maybe that will help as I don't have a ton of bugs but some were really making me not want to play and perhaps that will help. Thank you again!