Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires no longer breaking in

BethSims4BethSims4 Posts: 112 Member
edited January 2023 in The Sims 4 Packs Discussion
I got the Vampires game pack a few months ago and I've noticed that there are no vampires who break into people's houses ever. They just come onto the sims' lots like normal sims. How come? And could they possibly break in again?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I've not had any in a long while and if I do,it's like maybe once. I use MCCC and sometimes cheat to force a break in
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Yeah, I haven't seen a legit break in with feeding in forever. I'm a little salty about it, not gonna lie.

When the pack first came out it was awesome. Good times back then. :'(
    #Team Occult
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Nope the anti occult players complained about it and then it got nerfed. Sorry. But it still exists in the game maybe 0.5% chance that it will happen in the night
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited July 2020
    It does still happen, but it's so so rare. I bought the vampire pack around this time last year and I play a couple of times a week (more lately because of lock downs) and I only JUST saw this happen in my game about a month ago. (And then, not since then). It's really disappointing. I bought the pack knowing full well there would be vampires and hoping this would be the case, I have no idea why it was nerfed to nearly never just because people bought a VAMPIRE pack and didn't want the vampires....

Now that they have locks on doors and you can actually select to lock out vampires specifically, they can hopefully turn this feature back up.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited July 2020
    Wow that's weird after the Eco pack I started getting a lot of break-ins. I was in new saves though so maybe that had something to do with it. Then I switched to the new door restriction for families I didn't want to have break-ins (although I did have one weird incompleted break in with the restriction on once). The vampire got in and mesmerized a sim (roomate) but just kind of wandered around and never bit him. Then eventually left.
    egTcBMc.png
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I don't get break ins. What I get is a vampire knocking on the door then leaving, even when it's not locked. Even when it is locked but the vampire is one of my own and has the power to unlock it. Add me to the salty club.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2020
    Not gonna happen. 😒 I had fun while it lasted. I use to run around putting garlic everywhere and it was exciting. Now they say hi and keep it moving. I swear they nerfed celebrities too. The people use to go wild for me and that was exciting. Now they barely notice me and I'm a global super star. borrrrrriinngggg.😑
    They notice me so little I don't even go out in disguise
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I saw Vlad breaking in on a let's play video after Eco Lifestyle was released.
    I remember it because he was wearing a bag on his head and it was hilarious.
    I personally haven't had vampires breaking in for a while and I miss them.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’m upset about this as well, even trying to force it doesn’t work (without cheating/mods). I just had my Sim (a spellcaster) max vampire lore, meet several vampires, talk about them a bunch.. nothing. I did have a teen vampire (the daughter of one of mine) knock at the door around 1am, she stood there for an hour then left. Honestly, the save I have where I focus solely on occult’s is becoming so forced and boring. Mermaids don’t want to ever admit it (um I can see your tail), alien abductions are incredibly rare, and the vampires are “broken”. The one time Vlad broke in recently he just emptied my trash, loaded the dishwasher, played with some clay, then left. I used the club system to make vampire covens, and they don’t even show up when I send another Sim to their hangout.. so even my “cheat” isn’t working.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Jupp, no scary vampires in my save either. I am so disappointed about it :'(

It is like they have real difficulties getting frequency for stuff right. When the pack came out some players had vampire-break ins nightly and came to yell on the forum. Cue mega-nerf.

Now N.A.P.s are completely too spammy, wait a bit and they will go extinct too.

How about just.... not going overboard in the beginning with a new feature.

Please turn the vampires back on again!!! Pretty please!!

I modded risky vampirism into my save so that each break-in could vary the risk of my sim turning into a vampire. I was ready to play my sim as a vampire but I did to be out of my hands as to when. It was very easy, after the first visit from Vladimir it never happened again.

I miss break-ins, they added a scary element onto the Sims 4. Those are few and far between. It is so irritating not knowing when a random patch just obliterates something that you truly enjoy in the game.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I had a break in in a new save. Vlad came by to show his love 😈
    But before that i hadn't one for months...
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I had one yesterday, in a save_as copy of my rotational save. Then the Phillips family I played in spring had break-ins all the time, they were also a save_as copy of my rotational save. I do not know why none happen in the original save, but since this one is suposed to be more alien- and robot-centric I'm perfectly fine with the arrangement.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    As usual the family players screamed their head off until it got removed because we can't possibly have any gameplay that isn't specifically for them and for some reason they decided to buy a pack around vampires despite hating vampires.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited July 2020
    It's been nerfed I'm afraid, mainly because the "realistic" players complained enough times that the feature was downed to a 0.05% chance of occurring after the first scripted break-in. It was fun while it lasted though, now vampires are just immortal human sims. I want my vampires back, gosh darn it! D:
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Wow that's weird after the Eco pack I started getting a lot of break-ins. I was in new saves though so maybe that had something to do with it. Then I switched to the new door restriction for families I didn't want to have break-ins (although I did have one weird incompleted break in with the restriction on once). The vampire got in and mesmerized a sim (roomate) but just kind of wandered around and never bit him. Then eventually left.

That's definitely a new save thing, there is always one scripted first break-in, then the rest is left to random chance.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I want my vampires back too. I also have my Risky Vampirism fixed at different rates and a break in bite would be higher. I have a story I want to create and cannot do it if they don't do it on their own. Why do people get a pack and complain about it having things in it they don't want, like a life state, or even not get a pack and still complain so that those that did get the pack for what it was supposed to be cannot play what they paid for?! Thank goodness for MCCC and now after reading this discussion more I will use the force break in more often, because I know after a certain pack ( I think was Get Famous or whatever came after) they declined even more. Before that they were not happening when supposed to or as often but was at least more than now. The Historical Apt in the Foodie area in the City is usually a great spot to get bitten, if you live there. Lately when I try it, there are none that ever show up, or they show as vendors and then I know it won't happen. I want either Vlad or Caleb to bite my sim to turn her, or my vampire version of Diego, he's great as a vampire and seems to love being one too. Here's to hoping we get our vampires back! And not broken in a different way this time!
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    They put a no tresspassing option now for those players who dont like occults but bought the pack anyways lol developers change them back, I love my vampires and I miss my vampires breaking in lol, meantime us occult loving players are miss out 😥
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    I want my vampires back too. I also have my Risky Vampirism fixed at different rates and a break in bite would be higher. I have a story I want to create and cannot do it if they don't do it on their own. Why do people get a pack and complain about it having things in it they don't want, like a life state, or even not get a pack and still complain so that those that did get the pack for what it was supposed to be cannot play what they paid for?! Thank goodness for MCCC and now after reading this discussion more I will use the force break in more often, because I know after a certain pack ( I think was Get Famous or whatever came after) they declined even more. Before that they were not happening when supposed to or as often but was at least more than now. The Historical Apt in the Foodie area in the City is usually a great spot to get bitten, if you live there. Lately when I try it, there are none that ever show up, or they show as vendors and then I know it won't happen. I want either Vlad or Caleb to bite my sim to turn her, or my vampire version of Diego, he's great as a vampire and seems to love being one too. Here's to hoping we get our vampires back! And not broken in a different way this time!

Wait!

I got the MCCC risky vampirism with a higher risk for break-ins but what is this about forcing a break-in? I will search MCCC again but if there is some other trick I would love to know what it is.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited July 2020
    If they’re going to break in it will be between midnight and 2 a.m. in game time, and every sim in the household must be asleep and the doors must be unlocked. The frequency has been severely decreased since pack launch due to several simmers who only wanted the CAS and BB in the pack but not the vampires themselves very vocally complaining. Now they can set the no trespassing for vamps on their doors, but sincerely doubt the frequency of break ins has been increased.

Gosh, hope that didn’t sound too bitter.

ETA: you can increase the likelihood by studying vampire lore, researching vampires on the computer, and interacting with vampires in game.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    You dont sound bitter at all, honest is good, your just expressing how us occult players feel, I can sound even worst than that I'm like why even buy a pack that actually says vampires as a title if you dont like them, lol @Pamtastic72
    If they’re going to break in it will be between midnight and 2 a.m. in game time, and every sim in the household must be asleep and the doors must be unlocked. The frequency has been severely decreased since pack launch due to several simmers who only wanted the CAS and BB in the pack but not the vampires themselves very vocally complaining. Now they can set the no trespassing for vamps on their doors, but sincerely doubt the frequency of break ins has been increased.

ETA: you can increase the likelihood by studying vampire lore, researching vampires on the computer, and interacting with vampires in game.

The researching and interacting hasn’t increased it happening at all (for me at least), I’m on a new save too. I believe Pets being awake also keeps them away, as pets take up a Sim slot, so the game doesn’t consider them separate.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Occasionally, I get a break in or see the vampires running in warp speed in City Living. But I'm glad if they are not automatically breaking in nor do I play with those features because I am not a fan of the occult (in my game) either. That said, as some have suggested, I'm sure you will probably get more interaction of this sort if you do things like approach the Sim Vampires or study their books and read about vampire lore, etc. It's the same with Aliens, too. Less interaction, then, less visibility of them.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
    Kita5399 wrote: »

The researching and interacting hasn’t increased it happening at all (for me at least), I’m on a new save too. I believe Pets being awake also keeps them away, as pets take up a Sim slot, so the game doesn’t consider them separate.

Yes pets do count, that’s why I rarely play with them. I feel like I have had some luck with researching and interacting as long as my whole household is asleep by the hours specified, but again we now have to force something that should be spontaneous and provide an element of surprise.
    @Pamtastic72 I couldn’t agree more! I also don’t want to have to pick and choose which packs/features I get to use, they should all work together. I’m trying to get a story going without cheating but I don’t think it’s going to work. My spellcaster will either have to purposefully go seek out and visit a vampire, or give up her black cat familiar.
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    @Pamtastic72 I couldn’t agree more! I also don’t want to have to pick and choose which packs/features I get to use, they should all work together. I’m trying to get a story going without cheating but I don’t think it’s going to work. My spellcaster will either have to purposefully go seek out and visit a vampire, or give up her black cat familiar.

I don’t understand buying a pack titled Vampires if you don’t want them in your game and then basically ruining the pack for everyone who actually wanted vampires. I feel like if the nerf features we paid for we should get some of our purchase price back. I paid $20.00+ USD and now I rarely get vampires so I feel I should get like $10.00 back.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top