Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why isnt there an attraction system yet?

So many people have asked for it. Id like it to be harder to make friendships or relationships based on the charisma. Like personality differences, hobby/interests, sexual preferences, etc

What would you want it to include?
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I would like all that you said and memories. I miss the memory system from the Sims 2.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    i would love it as well, ea even has past sims games as a reference to how it could work on ts4. i miss the memories, chemistry, interests, personality, zodiac signs, fears, wants, etc
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    A certain mod that shall not be named has an attraction system.
  • chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    edited July 2020
    I think they asked about it on a survey last year, maybe something is being done about it.
    Post edited by chons95 on
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    YES! I've been saying this for years. The Sims always had a system in place where a sims just might not care for another sim, maybe their star signs crossed, or a sim had a trait another didn't like, idk.
    That is non existing in S4 and it's sad.
    Every sim is THE SAME as the other. How BORING.
    Traits don't matter, their jobs, or whims, or even moods don't matter. Why can't they release a pack based on romance? Trait overhaul pack!
    Instead we get a knitting pack.
    knitting.
    I cannot wait for Paralives.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    So_Money wrote: »

We need one without a mod for it! It should be in the base game.

I agree, but let’s not ask for miracles. ;)
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    So much yes! Signs, favorite things, interests and so on. Anything to make finding a good partner more interesting.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Excellent question.....EA, want to comment?
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yes, I agree! I’d like to see turn ons/offs, more slots for traits, interests, favorites and memories. It would make a huge difference in my gameplay.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

I agree with both of yous. With that 'certain mod' though, any of the stuff you don't want, can be disabled. Shut off. ;)

But yeah, I don't see how it would be difficult to add just that part into base-game.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    I'd love to have a working one, but my faith in them to create anything that didn't just make things totally worse is about zero. When my male hetero sim is being hit on by another supposedly hetero male sim when the two are enemies and despise each other, and they both respond favorably, I don't need them coming up with a system to say who likes who.
  • dawnmayerdawnmayer Posts: 33 Member
    It would be amazing if that was the case. Honestly I'm really hoping the new GP focuses on relationships/family interactions (like deepening each life stage). If it had story progression it would be even better... But I might be asking for too much
  • SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    All of these suggestions are good. I would also like to see an option in a romance overhaul for Faithfulness. Don’t get me wrong, I myself like to play a player who woohoos anyone who will let them. 😉. However I also enjoy playing a couple in love and who are monogamous and be that way until the day they die. Give us a faithful trait. ( yes, there’s a lot of us out there). And also if a NPC does flirt with one of your sims and it gets rejected by them, it shouldn’t take a negative hit on their marriage. If anything, it should be able to give their partner a confident moodlet because they can trust their partner. Maybe I’m just old fashioned.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Sadiesue wrote: »
    All of these suggestions are good. I would also like to see an option in a romance overhaul for Faithfulness. Don’t get me wrong, I myself like to play a player who woohoos anyone who will let them. 😉. However I also enjoy playing a couple in love and who are monogamous and be that way until the day they die. Give us a faithful trait. ( yes, there’s a lot of us out there). And also if a NPC does flirt with one of your sims and it gets rejected by them, it shouldn’t take a negative hit on their marriage. If anything, it should be able to give their partner a confident moodlet because they can trust their partner. Maybe I’m just old fashioned.

Yes this!!

• ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member

What's funny is that mod actually fixes a lot of the relationship problems that exist in the base game.
    Arzekial wrote: »

What's funny is that mod actually fixes a lot of the relationship problems that exist in the base game.

Yep. And there are many more mods that do the same. It happens with a lot of games but especially in TS4’s case the modding community is doing the devs’ jobs for them.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2020
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

I agree with both of yous. With that 'certain mod' though, any of the stuff you don't want, can be disabled. Shut off. ;)

But yeah, I don't see how it would be difficult to add just that part into base-game.

Do you know if it's at all possible for whims and moodlets related to this mod to be able to be turned off in the settings? I had it before with all the stuff I didn't want turned off but it bothered me that my sims kept getting desires for the things that I had turned off. :D

• ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    There is an attraction system provided with a certain very adult mod that I use and love. If that could be added into the game, i would be happy. Until then - that mod is permanent addition to the game. Installed it, never will turn back. Keep your "Woohoo".
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    They need a romance update for the base game.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Imagine meeting sims that is not so compatible with yours, but your sims try anyways every single day and they finally fell for your sims, this in itself introduce personal goal and longer gameplay commitment in which ts4 is severely lacking in that department imo
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    I must be in the minority, I like being able to choose who my sims date. If there was an attraction system, I’d have to go off of compatibility rather than what I want.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited July 2020
    Why is there no attraction system (yet)? Because TS4 is not an AI simulator. We thought it would be, but it never was.
    Will we get an attraction system? Looks like a serious overhaul, but it would be nice! Some good ideas in this thread btw!
    We could have:
    • Physical Attraction.
    • Traits and Interests compatibility: Sims should like to do stuff together and ask for it: riding their bikes, skating, hiking, fishing, woohoo.
    • Gender preference (it's absolute mayhem right now.)
    • Obsessive sims: sims that are attracted to a specific sim and keep following and calling them. We need some conflict.
    • Attraction based on memories, e.g, a sim falling in love with their childhood friend when they meet again later in life. Even if they're married to another... You know it! Conflict!
    • Civil partnerships.
    • Depending on the sims' traits there could be attraction between two polar opposites. Conflict?
    • Woohoo/ make Baby Desires.
    • Woohoo buddies. (thatwon'tbeathingwehaveamodforthat)
    • Unhappy Marriages.
    • Childhood/Teen crushes.
    • Being clingy due to fear of losing a loved one (in relationships or death).
    • Non-mutual relationships.
    • Attraction based on Zodiac.*

*Unlike the existing zodiac or chinese horoscope, the sims should have their own zodiac which is based on a belt of 12 constellations that solely exists in the Sims Universe. These zodiac divisions could be named: The Unicorn, The Frozen Bunny, The Gnome, The Laganaphyllis, etc. etc. etc.
    Two sims, one being a Unicorn and the other being a Gnome may or may not be compatible. I have not thought this out yet.