Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Community Voted Stuff Pack Deep Dive: Knitting!

123457...Next

Comments

• WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    When I first heard about this pack, I was like, "seriously, who would buy this..." then today I saw the animated picture with the cats.

I understand now.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • opalnoctemopalnoctem Posts: 16 Member
    This is such a strange addition to the Sims, but I honestly love it. I don't knit, but I crochet, and it's just one of those flavor things that make the world more real and customizable, and closer to how things actually are. Everyday the Sims get easier to make just like my own family haha very cool. Keep up the good work.
  • mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
    This seems to be quite complete. I'm excited even though I haven't knitted anything in my entire life. I'm excited for the etsy equivalent, for having a grandma live her best life and knit in a rocking chair something for her grandchildren to wear, just like my grandma.
  • Genie1221Genie1221 Posts: 223 Member
    I had really hoped to get this pack today... since it's July 28th... but as usual a California based company believes the entire world revolves around their time zone.
    Here's a tip if you want to keep your global clients satisfied... don't only state the date of release but the time zone you are basing your release on. For me, it's past noon and I still cannot purchase or download this pack. It's disappointing. Living through a pandemic makes this even harder to deal with when a company as big as Electronic Arts cannot get their heads into the Global Market Think Space when creating games and content for those games.
    From now on, don't just say "Available (month, day, year)" but also state the time zone you are basing your launch time on, that way those of us who have woken up half a day before you get out of bed and start your morning routine would not be sitting here being completely disappointed that we have to wait until the day AFTER you stated was the launch day to actually be able to get the promised item.

You see, by the time you actually launch the game in California... I'll be in bed sleeping.

9am for you is 6pm for me.

It should not be incumbent on your customer to find out the actual launch of your product in their country. Good customer service is a team who can think on a Global Market, since you want that Global income... and make life so much nicer on everyone by simply adding the actual time zone you are basing your launch on. Example: Available July 28th, 2020 at 10am PDT. This allows your customers the opportunity to verify what time that is for them. Using the example I listed, customers in New York, NY would know that the launch is at 1pm in the afternoon for them. I would know that the launch is at 7pm in the evening for me. For my friends in New Zealand would know that the launch is at 5am on July the 29th for them.

I know some of you are new to the team, but for your customers... your company has literally had 2 decades of making The Sims and its about time the team learned to think Globally and do better at clarifying your actual launch date and time.
  • chele5213chele5213 Posts: 32 Member
    Well, that explains why my code doesn't work. And I agree with Genie1221 - include time zones.
  • JulianneALeeJulianneALee Posts: 109 Member
    Genie1221 wrote: »
    I know some of you are new to the team, but for your customers... your company has literally had 2 decades of making The Sims and its about time the team learned to think Globally and do better at clarifying your actual launch date and time.

For what it's worth, I'm only two hours ahead of EA Local Time (Pacific), and am well within US zones. I NEVER get the packs on day-of anymore. One time I waited two days and still couldn't get past the "Whoops, something's wrong" notice. I learned to pre-order when I can, but often I can't even do that. It's 7:25 pm local time, and I still can't find a link that will let me buy the knitting pack.
    Julianne Lee
    Simmer since 2001
  • 92explor92explor Posts: 5 New Member
    I just got the pack about an hour ago. Has anyone else noticed the lack of the Metal radio station in the pack? I got "Focus" but not "Metal".
  • 92explor92explor Posts: 5 New Member
    > @92explor said:
    > I just got the pack about an hour ago. Has anyone else noticed the lack of the Metal radio station in the pack? I got "Focus" but not "Metal".

I take that back, I don't have "focus" either now that I rechecked it. I could have sworn it was listed before.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    92explor wrote: »
    > @92explor said:
    > I just got the pack about an hour ago. Has anyone else noticed the lack of the Metal radio station in the pack? I got "Focus" but not "Metal".

I take that back, I don't have "focus" either now that I rechecked it. I could have sworn it was listed before.

That's odd, because I have both of those stations. My Grandma was able to knit to the Focus station and thereby fulfill one of the aspiration milestones, and my teenager both brutally danced and then played air guitar to the Metal station. After he had listened to it once, I noticed he had a habit of turning whatever stereo he was near to that station (although that may have been a coincidence).
  • Rach121190Rach121190 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm definitely loving this stuff pack! :)
  • lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    I cannot sell my paintings on plopsy...click and nothing happens.please fix
  • SpookyGnomesSpookyGnomes Posts: 31 Member
    > @lana44 said:
    > I cannot sell my paintings on plopsy...click and nothing happens.please fix

I thought nothing happened, but it just stays greyed out in your sim's inventory until someone wants to buy it. Then you click on it and ship it to the customer. So check and see if that is what has happened :)
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I really am enjoying this pack too. I just relax and take my time on the weekends with my Sims 4 family. :wink:
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My Sim just sold a knitted product on Plopsy for the first time. It was fun! I like that you have to actually click on the mailbox in order to send it off.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    This pack has to be the most fun and exciting Stuff Pack by far it has so much stuff in it and I am having fun! I love Metal station as its so funny see our Sims headbang its super funny XD keep up the fantastic work guys!
  • LiltpunkLiltpunk Posts: 5 New Member
    So I just boughtthis pack, starred leveling up my sim. The problem I have is I started a store for my sim, and most of the stuff you can only sell on plopsy. The issue I have is I used my sims poinys to get marketable, which allows created products to be sold for more, most of these items dont have the set for sale option. I really want to sell the plants, rugs, and everything else. So far its only letting me sell the pouffs. Please help if you can, The only reason why I bought this was so I could sell these products.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top