Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    I love your build @ciane it's so airy I feel like my build is going the other way lol
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    You know I only do these for fun, so the only pics are in the upload:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9402024
    roof_up_original.jpg

I love those windows, especially the ones over the garage! Are they cc?
    image.png
    edited July 2020
    Well it says no cc on cianes build @simtresa and I doesn't show them in the store content so they have to be from in EP or sp

Edit the skinny windows are store content but the rest have to be from EP or sp
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    The triangular windows come with Lucky Palms. The other windows are mostly bauhaus, which is a set with lots of windows!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    The triangular windows come with Lucky Palms. The other windows are mostly bauhaus, which is a set with lots of windows!

Thanks!
    image.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    TsrEo1w.png
    Attention Beginner Entrants for #227 - Oceanside Resort

Your results are now available here
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited July 2020
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #228 -50 Shades of Gray
    NAME: PINKUSFAMILY
    LINK TO LOT: 18 Maywood Lane
    LINK TO MEDIA: "50 Shades of Gray"
    LEVEL: intermediate
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20 x 30 , 18 Maywood Lane , $ 146,365
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Located in Sunset Valley at 18 Maywood Lane . This 20 x 30 lot provided just enough room for our medium Mediterranean style home with a small pool round back and space for entertaining. Using only black, white & shades of gray. The outside siding of this home is white stucco, with several shades of gray accents at the doors & windows. Inside we became creative with wall paper & paint in Black, white & shades of gray. There is an all white Modern Kitchen. 2 black & white tiled full baths. A warm gray guest bedroom. Living room, dining room & office. With the Master bedroom all decked out in several shades of gray. (On a personal note : I had fun with this , Coming from recently building in Sims 4 - and not using the color wheel in a while - I made shades of Gray, ranging from gray that looks blue,off white to even green, yet it is all different shades of gray.. Also I was challenged to make it tight quarters as far as furniture arrangement, again coming from Sims 4 where Tiny living has made it easier to create small spaces, I pushed it to see what kind of space I could put to the test here in 3. I Tend towards using many clutter objects, I was able to make use of a Mod from "Mod the Sims" - One more Slot. ) Most pictures were taken in the fall, and during a storm, There are a few Build mode pictures at the end of the album.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: Mod the Sims "One more Slot Please " ( link in comments of Photo album)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Mom's Sims 3 & 4. Creations

SPACE FOR PICTURES

110054226_2764207103799363_3134368667202793952_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=b2YoFKV95YEAX_xctii&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=057181f736b63aa5146ce18b716bef25&oe=5F37F9F6

110182710_2764301317123275_1387805385079005523_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=2He72I3uLowAX90X_Gc&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=ef4004cf5eb0fb10ea5455417f47f149&oe=5F3850D0
    I LOVE this build so much @pinkusfamily going to recommend it and see if I have enough store content to download it and not have every item replaced lol :D
    Another really great build @Pinkusfamily! I'm really impressed that you fit the expensive Diesel seating and a grand piano in for under 150k!
    Thank you , @ciane & @seaben .

It was my taste in Car at the beginning of the build that set me off budget.. I did not know a car could be so expensive..LOL

Cost in Sims 3 varies very greatly then in Sims 4.. Since I play tested the house,( because I put the furniture in so close ), I am sure the cost some how went down than when I first built it..

But thank you both for your kind words.. This style is something different than I usually do.. It started out as an A frame...LOL
    I did notice the cheap car in the garage and guessed that was a budget restraint because of the other choices @Pinkusfamily. The cost for these challenges is supposed to be the cost before you play test. Someone told me that when a house with depreciated value is installed in their game, the price always goes back up to normal value (so not as cheap). It could be a mod that causes that. I'm not sure and haven't play tested it, but the rules used to firm on before play price.
    edited July 2020
    Yes, @ciane ,

Since I started Sims 3 Challenges, I have jotted down the Price when I finished Building, or taken a Picture. ( Think I forgot to snap a picture the last 2 challenges ) ..Before I Sim tested..

Yes tho, The Car had to be re-colored, It had a discolored door that did not match the rest of the car..LOl, Ya caught me ;) ...
  • JMConceptJMConcept Posts: 123 Member
    NAME: as13579
    LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9404728#
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/Iwwe2cV
    LEVEL: intermediate
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x30, 18 Maywood Lane, 92k
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: this was my first build in over a year so it's not perfect but i'm happy with the results. The lot size was perfect for me to fit in everything that I needed.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

AbPdMfZ.png
    eu5kBf3.png
    a742kT4.jpg
    What a great build @JMConcept! Love the design with its symmetry in an asymmetrical way! I'd be tempted to add a connecting wall to the empty room on top and make it a great closet, bath, or study as it looks like you could add a single-tile hallway under the roof pitch. I just might have to check out your build in my game. Great job!
    thank you @ciane however the empty room isn't a full size wall as i've shortened it with constrainfloorelevation false, not to mention even a single-tile hallway pops through the roof
    a742kT4.jpg
    I did wonder @JMConcept. Ah well, it's still just an awesome layout and great-looking home!
    I can see why @ciane it's very good feedback, thanks a lot <3
    a742kT4.jpg
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #228 -50 Shades of Gray

NAME: oliv3
    LINK TO LOT: Lot
    LINK TO MEDIA: Pictures
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a
    LEVEL: intermediate?
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x20, 5 Sun Song Ave, final cost: $148,499
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:

Hannah and Reginald Gray wants modern, so they shall have modern…
    • 2 bedrooms + 2.5 baths
    • Large kitchen for foody guru Hannah
    • Cozy study for Reginald to manage CouchPotato.com
    • Curved pool with lots of outdoor seating for the couple to entertain guest

You can thank E.L James, author of Fifty Shade of Gray, for inspiring me with a twisted idea to not include any curtains lol

Most of the cost was dedicated to the exterior. Also, chose to try out some different sidings and paints on the exterior which just drove the price up. Fairly awful at snapping pictures, so if anyone knows any good tips, please share :)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a

xaVJnco.jpg

vXgEznT.jpg?1
    @oliv3 aww I love this one two but don't own all packs/store content for it oh well some day I will complete my collection :D
    edited July 2020
    @oliv3 - I love your design with its big round window and lots of juts in and out and different textures and shades! The outdoor fireplace is a great idea too!

I think your pics are great, but if looking for help with small spaces...

I will go in close to get in the room and then TAB. Then you can back out using x or pulling back with your mouse. You can still use the mouse to tilt and rotate. The keys that correspond to left and right are a and d. Up and down are e and q. Back and front are w and s. And zoom in and out are z and x. Using the keys sometimes helps where the mouse isn't doing what you want or maybe moves more than you want.

I will also go a level up and TAB and then use the q key to move down to the elevation I want. That way it will include what is above the stairs and skylights and give you upper walls and roof too.

Also, reducing picture save size (as opposed to physical height and width) usually doesn't reduce quality and will help the pics load faster and not take up as much bandwidth.
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    @ciane thank you for the detailed tips, I will ty those out next time I snap some pictures. Appreciate the help :)
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited July 2020
    Don't have the energy to do a full write-up but I did build the thing

Grey's Architecture Such grey! Much wow!
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @ciane lovely! I really like your use of the window over the garage door, that is always a tricky one to get into a build.

@Pinkusfamily I like the layout and the back yard especially :)

@JMConcept What a cute build! Very cozy almost cottage feel. I really like the seating area by the pool.

@oliv3 Great modern style! Really well done, lots of interest in that!
    @creativemetaphor - Great layout! Love the contrasting brick used on the column as well as in the kitchen and shower. Love the shape as well. Nice!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top