Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really annoying random behavior

2...Next

Comments

• ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I have so many mods for these kinds of annoyances my mods folder is groaning. The entire EL pack and everything they added in the update, need to be retuned. A little over a month since EL's release and I have added ten new mods, and once other mods become available for whatever else irks me, I will happily add those, too. I recently played a Sim with the Nerd Brain aspiration. What is up with the blow torch blowing up every few seconds while our Sims work on their rocket ships? I about put a fist through the monitor before I finally finished that part of the aspiration. The same animations for every task connected with the rocket ship, and none of them add a thing to the enjoyment of playing that aspiration, or even having a Sim own a rocket ship. Total waste of time unless you turn off the sound. So this has been going on since they released the game. I just stopped being mad about it and began adding mods to nuke those irritating and random actions. The dev team doesn't think how these things actually play out because I don't think they play the game very much and don't get how irritating some of these actions are in reality. But we might be able to forgive them if they'd take the time to to tone down some of these things and include those in a base game update.

The fact that they reused animations is what really troubles me. They couldn't be bothered to make new animations for the *nice environment*. There are modders literally making new animations for this game every day, but Maxis can't be bothered making new animations for a brand new expansion. That's just sad. I wouldn't be so mad, but I've invested over $600.00 into this game since release. So, seeing them reuse animations is extremely disappointing.

And yes, the constant reactions to the environment when your Sim has been in a house all day is really annoying. It's like visiting a new house for the first time and you notice a particular smell when you arrive. Not bad, not good, just different, but after staying in the house for awhile you no longer notice it. Yeah, it should be like that...