Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge Casting Thread **CLOSED**

Comments

• VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Submitted my quiz, Feel like I bombed this the level of those nightmares of taking the SATs in your underwear in front of the whole school.

Working on my sim for just in case I somehow did well enough to be one of the 7.
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @VanPelt81 Sorry :s I knew this quiz would turn out suuuuper hard :sweat_smile: So far everyone did a nice job tho :) And of course you're all allowed to look the things up!

I think you can create a sim. The quiz seems to scare away a lot of simmers ^^ 5 entries so far only :p
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    @VanPelt81 Sorry :s I knew this quiz would turn out suuuuper hard :sweat_smile: So far everyone did a nice job tho :) And of course you're all allowed to look the things up!

I think you can create a sim. The quiz seems to scare away a lot of simmers ^^ 5 entries so far only :p

My sim for this casting call has been created and uploaded in the gallery. I filled out her application and PM'ed it to you.
    @VanPelt81 Thank you :) The quiz can still be sent to me until Sunday but I guess everyone who's done it so far will get one of the 7 spots :)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @VanPelt81 Thank you :) The quiz can still be sent to me until Sunday but I guess everyone who's done it so far will get one of the 7 spots :)

I'm leaving town on Sunday and won't have access to the sims for two weeks. So...should I do what VanPelt did just in case? PM you my entry...I'm fine if I don't make it in. I just don't want to miss the chance! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2020
    Thought I'd just post my girl here since I have her ready but if I don't get a slot that's fine too :)

vd2cBKa.jpg
    More pictures:
    JK4Uc17.png?1
    HbfEQb1.jpg
    Download link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/21DDA444C60611EA8B235A33F2A459FA?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=thisisarealpainx&max=50&maxis=false
    Forum name: MaggieMarley
    Gallery ID: thisisarealpainx
    Name: Oliana Kealoha (nickname: Oli) [she has the hashtag #Queenarella]
    Hometown: Sulani
    Family Members: Mother is Nalani Mahi'ai and Dad is Makoa Kealoha. Half sister Nani Kealoha. Step-mother Lilliana Kealoha.
    How many kids do you want: At least 2 human children and lots of fur babies!
    Would you be the child bearer: Happy to do either!
    Hobbies: watching and reading sci fi, collecting, exploring tombs in Selvadorada, hanging out with cats/kittens
    What would you like in a partner: someone with a big heart who I can build a family with. She should be able to put up with my constant cheerfulness and be prepared to take lots of holidays with me.
    What would you hate in a partner: someone who was cruel to animals or to other people or someone pessimistic (I am an eternal optimist!)
    Dream career: It would be great if I could make a living exploring tombs in Selvadorada but otherwise it would be cool to be a conservationist - my home world is in dire need of being cleaned up
    Stuff I love: cats, hot weather, vacations, travelling, adventure, sci fi, collecting
    Stuff I hate: being bored and being cooped up.

Bio: Despite growing up in beautiful Sulani, my childhood wasn't always the happiest. I've never met my mother, but I know that she was a mermaid called Nalani Mahi’ai. My father, Makoa, spent a drunken night with her before she disappeared off into the sea... Only to return nine months later with a baby in her arms. She left me on the beach with a note and went back to live with her people under the sea. Thanks, mum. I suppose I shouldn't blame her - I'm not a mermaid, you see, so my lack of gills would have made living underwater kind of hard. I still hope that one day I might bump into my mother, I have so many questions for her.

Unfortunately, my dad was already married with a daughter when I turned up. His wife, Lilliana, was understandably livid but their marriage did ultimately survive. Lilliana has never liked me, though. I can't say that I blame her - when she looks at me she must see a reminder of her husband's infidelity. I think Dad resents me a little too but he could hardly drop me back into the ocean. At least my half-sister, Nani, has always been there for me.

I always try to stay cheerful though, no matter what trials life throws at me.

Oliana was created for a bachelor challenge run by another forum member but since that challenge has been on hiatus for about a year now I thought Oliana deserved another shot at love now. I did change her clothes, traits and aspiration though.

Oliana's family (Nalani, Makoa and Nani) will be long dead in your save I guess so feel free to ignore specifics regarding them. Or maybe you can say that Makoa, his wife and Nani died in a freak accident lol.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
    @pammiechick Yes, you can do this :) Or you can post it here like Maggie did :)

@MaggieMarley Oleana is such a pretty sim :o Thank you! :)
    Okay...I’ll post it here later today! Thx!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited July 2020
    07-10-20_3-37-53-pm.png

Forum name: TheYayToast
    Gallery ID: TheYayToast
    Name: Skyler Slade
    Hometown: What sims 4 world are you from? Evergreen Harbor
    Family Members: Mother, father, three brothers all back home in Evergreen Harbor. I have a kitten named Cairo, but I'm pretty sure she's a demon.
    How many kids do you want? An even number. Either 2 or 4... I don't want there to be a middle child stuck without love.
    Would you be the child bearer? Should your sim or Rose get pregnant? I'd be more than happy to carry our children.
    Hobbies: I like drinking wine while talking with friends. I also enjoy things like knitting and candle making.
    What would you like in a partner? I'd like someone I could talk to and someone that wants to go out and make friends with the world.
    What would you hate in a partner? Someone slobbish. I couldn't be around someone dirty. Ewph!
    Dream career: Critic
    Stuff I love: I love the opera, a fine dinner downtown, and chatting with friends.
    Stuff I hate: Filth and creepy crawly things, gross humor, and the chicken dance.

(Don't worry... I mention stuff from Eco Lifestyle too... but I don't have that EP either. Just flavor text!)
    edited July 2020
    ****PERLA SHADOWCAST****

kUux4Gj.png

Forum name: pammiechick
    Gallery ID: pammiechick
    Name: Perla Shadowcast
    Hometown: What sims 4 world are you from? Glimmerbrook
    Family Members: Father, Gabriel Shadowcast, Mother, Simplexis Shadowcast.

How many kids do you want? I would love to have two to four.
    Would you be the child bearer? Should your sim or Rose get pregnant? I think we should be pregnant together! But if that can't happen, whatever Rose wishes is best.
    Hobbies: Painting, potion making, knitting, cooking
    What would you like in a partner? Someone who enjoys hanging out, having dinner together, making art together, just doing life side by side!
    What would you hate in a partner? Someone who loves themselves more than their family. A person who is rude, loud and obnoxious.
    Dream career: Style Influencer
    Stuff I love: cooking, potion making, knitting, going out, hanging with friends, joining clubs, meeting new people, KIDS! animals
    Stuff I hate: laziness, gnomes, roller skating, fishing, dirty houses
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited July 2020
    @pammiechick Oooh! Perla is cool. She and Skyler seem like they could become good friends!

@MaggieMarley Eeee! Oliana is so pretty. Glad to see she gets a second chance at love!
    @TheYayToast Skyler is amazing! Love her :) Thank you!

@pammiechick Perla is so cool! Pink eyes, pointy ears :love: Thank you!

AT ALL: I have Eco Lifestyle now. If you want to give your already entered sims a makeover to add some stuff from this pack, just tell me and make the new version easy to find for dummies on the gallery :)
    @TheYayToast Skyler is amazing! Love her :) Thank you!

@pammiechick Perla is so cool! Pink eyes, pointy ears :love: Thank you!

AT ALL: I have Eco Lifestyle now. If you want to give your already entered sims a makeover to add some stuff from this pack, just tell me and make the new version easy to find for dummies on the gallery :)

Yessssss!

Oh and I’d change some of her traits too. Lol! I’ll be back later today.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited July 2020
    @TheYayToast I love Skylar’s look! Beautiful! And I think you’re right about our sims!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick Awesome :) I haven't checked out the new stuff in the pack yet so no idea what it looks like :D I like the septum piercing tho.
    @pammiechick Awesome :) I haven't checked out the new stuff in the pack yet so no idea what it looks like :D I like the septum piercing tho.

I love all the clothing and there are TONS of hairstyles!

I love piercings but theirs are so chunky I think they're a bit too much and overwhelming on the face. I tried the septum piercing (love to give my sims cc piercings that aren't so huge) but it still was too much (for me). Feel free to restyle her any way you wish (if she makes it in!)

Here's the link to her: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EEE8DDDEC7D711EA81B33FF1F252049A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=pammiechick&max=50&maxis=false

I didn't end up changing her traits (totally forgot!)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick I'll check it out today, gameplay included :) I hope it'll be worth it :D

I don't like the piercings that came with DU but the septum seems to look nice on many sims. If I had had the pack back some time, Jada would have had the septum :p

Do you want to change the traits or are you fine with them? ^^
    @pammiechick I'll check it out today, gameplay included :) I hope it'll be worth it :D

I don't like the piercings that came with DU but the septum seems to look nice on many sims. If I had had the pack back some time, Jada would have had the septum :p

Do you want to change the traits or are you fine with them? ^^

Yes! Instead of “insider”, change to Freegan. Thanks!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    QUIZ ANSWERS
    Question 1: Name the naming schemes used in the legacy.

* favorite teachers at uni
    * Queen
    * flowers/plants
    * Bones

1 point each -> 4 possible

Question 2: What's the maximum of aspirations a sim completes in the legacy? (baby-elder!)

3: the children's aspiration, and up to two aspirations from teen-elder

1 point

Question 3: Who are the 2 Sunshines?

* the first family cat
    * James' mother

1 point each ->2 possible

Question 4: What collections are already completed?

* Crystals
    * Elements
    * Fossils
    * Frogs
    * Holiday Cracker Plushies
    * Microscope Prints
    * My Sims Trophies
    * Postcards
    * Space Prints
    * Voidcritter Cards

1 point each -> 10 possible

Question 5: How many active vampires have been in the challenge so far?

Explanation: active vampires are those I played actively. So all vampires that lived in the legacy house and those who were part of the bachelor/ette part.

1 point

Question 6: Name all active vampires from the challenge.

* Cam(ille)
    * Kevin
    * Sophie
    * George
    * Mostyn/Moss
    * Regan
    * Lonnie
    * Sheila (part of the bachelorette where she held an interview)

1 point each -> 8 possible

Question 7: Name all the traits the spouses have had so far. (no aspiration traits)

* Active
    * Ambitious
    * Kleptomaniac
    * Clumsy
    * Foodie
    * Genius
    * Loner
    * Loves Outdoors
    * Materialistic
    * Paranoid
    * Neat
    * Outgoing
    * Romantic
    * Self-Absorbed
    * Slob

1 point each -> 15 possible

Question 8: Which hair colors haven't been in the legacy yet?

a) black
    b) dark brown e.g. Tempy
    c) light brown e.g. James
    d) bright red
    e) dark red e.g. Rose
    f) light red
    g) cheese e.g. Martin
    h) blond e.g. Kaden
    i) white blond
    j) light grey e.g. James
    k) dark grey e.g. Kaden
    l) soft pink
    m) bright pink e.g. Steve
    n) blue e.g. Blue
    o) turquoise
    p) green
    q) greyish brown
    r) greyish black

This one was confusing to give points to... 9 points if you got all right. If you had too many or not all I subtracted up to 3 points maxmium.

1 point each -> 9 possible

Question 9: How many proper legacy houses have there been so far?

4 - I wanted to add pictures but I can't find them, so explanations have to do. The first real house was the one with the blue kitchen. Second house was the pink house for Barbarella. Third was the one where the coffee table was a real pain and the fourth one is the current one :)

1 point

Question 10: Name the Succession Laws chosen for the legacy.

Gender Law: Equality
    Bloodline Law: Strict Traditional
    Heir Law: Democracy
    Species Law: Tolerant

1 point each -> 4 possible

Maximum points available: 54

CONTESTANTS
    I wish I could say there were 7 entries and all 7 get a spot. There are 8 and there's one unlucky simmer. I am sooo sooo sorry!

I promise to never do a hard quiz - or any quiz - for the casting again. Maybe there will be one again for in-game stuff but NOT for entries because 1) it's too hard and I felt super guilty seeing how you all fought to find all the stuff asked, and 2) what if someone new wants to enter a sim? I am sorry and feel super guilty!

Thanks a lot to all of you who went through with my torture.

The lucky simmers that get a spot and can enter a contestant to fight for Rose's heart are: (random order!)

@DCJ504
    @MonaSolstraale
    @pammiechick
    @Skeilah
    @Karababy52
    @MaggieMarley
    @TheYayToast

If you have already posted your sim here on the thread, it's fine. If you have PMed me the form, please copy-paste it here to the thread :) If you haven't entered a sim at all yet, you may now do this :)

@VanPelt81 I am so sorry but you had the lowest result. Therefore your sim you already entered doesn't make it into the challenge. I am very sorry :/

DEADLINE TO ENTER A SIM: 23rd July 2020 noon CET.

Don't forget:

1) I have Eco Lifestyle now :)
    2) No skills, jobs or a bit older than sims fresh out of CAS. If your sim has it and I find out, your sim will be sent home asap.
    3) If you have questions about the quiz answers, find something odd, or notice I've made a mistake, PM me :)
  • DCJ504DCJ504 Posts: 116 Member
    EhoQqxa.png

Forum name: DCJ504
    Gallery ID: DCJ504

Name: Briana Fraser
    Hometown: Brindleton Bay
    Family Members: James and Claire Fraser (I do have these sims and they are on the gallery in a separate household)
    How many kids do you want? At least 2. I was an only child and sometimes it was pretty lonely. I don't want my kids to have that feeling.
    Would you be the child bearer? Should your sim or Rose get pregnant? Well, I have always wanted to know what it feels like to have life growing inside of me. I don't know if Rose feels the same, but if she does, I think we should both have children.
    Hobbies: I like to build stuff, so I guess the closest that I can come is woodworking.
    What would you like in a partner? A true partner. Someone who I can confide in and trust, and will in turn confide and trust in me.
    What would you hate in a partner? A bully. I have had some rough experiences, and while I recovered, I don't think I want a partner that inflicts terror on others.
    Dream career: I want to design things that will benefit the people and the world around me. Is that called a civic engineer?
    Stuff I love: I love being with family, experimenting, and designing a better way to do things. I've lived off the grid before and it requires a lot of extra work. When I lived off the grid, I was always trying to improve things with the power of the world around me.
    Stuff I hate: Quitters. You've got to put your best effort into everything that you do. Quitting is just not something that should be an option.
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    wrk0mp6g9wf1y.png

Forum name: Skeilah
    Gallery ID: SCNVM

Name: Maité Mayberry
    Hometown: Evergreen Harbor
    Family Members: She may or may not have any family members. She doesn't know. She lived in the orphanage until age 18. Okay, sometimes she lived somewhere in a family but she was always returned. She also doesn't know why everyone always returned her. Because of her piercings, maybe? She went to live in an appartement by herself.
    How many kids do you want? She doesn't know how many kids she wants, but she knows for sure she wants to spoil them sooooooo much so they don't have to go through whatever she has been through.
    Would you be the child bearer? Should your sim or Rose get pregnant? No preferences.
    Hobbies: She likes to do whatever things with her hands, especially growing her own vegetables since she's a vegetarian. She'd like to be a tattooist/piercing placer (idk how that is called ehehe).
    What would you like in a partner? Someone as rough as herself but with some soft spots. Also, someone who won't judge about her life as an orphan.
    What would you hate in a partner? The opposite from above? xD She doesn't like 100% softies. Her perfect partner needs to be rough in some way and may have some soft spots but if it's too soft, it's no match for Maité. Judgers are also not done.
    Dream career: She hasn't thought about that because she was sooo busy getting her life back on track. She can think about that later.
    Stuff I love: Plants, cats, tattoos & piercings, parties, lazy sundays
    Stuff I hate: Softies, the orphanage, all those families who dumped her (including her very own)

Extra: Maité doesn't have tattoos at the moment but I give you my permission to "make her go to the tattoo shop" while in the game because that sounds like fun. And then one by one she'll have a covered skin xD Nah okay, you don't have to do that but I give you my permission.

koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    7NYzY4U.png

Forum name: Karababy52
    Gallery ID: Karababy52
    Name: Caroline Albright
    Hometown: Strangerville
    Family Members:

Mom: Madeline Albright (No, not her, we're not into politics. Mom spells it different too)
    Mother: Carla Albright
    Male Cat: Ziggy (Gray striped American Shorthair)

Fun fact - My parents combined their names to make my name! How cool is that? True story!

How many kids do you want? At least two so they have someone to play with and grow up together. I'm an only child and sometimes it got a bit lonely.
    Would you be the child bearer? I would agree to carry our child(ren) or Rose can. Either way is fine by me. Maybe we could even adopt! I know there's lots of kids just waiting for a family to love them out there.
    Hobbies: Woodworking, Programming, Rock Climbing (i.e. climbing wall), watching sports with my buds, playing video games, chess and watching the stars at night. I've always wondered what, if anything else is out there in the universe besides just what I can see and know from books.
    What would you like in a partner? Someone who isn't clingy, gives me my own space so I can get stuff done, especially when I'm using my rig. They should be open-minded, authentic, love children, animals and sports! I love soccer! Not so much playing it though, just watching is fun. I'd hope they'd enjoy cuddling on the couch during a game, having some popcorn, maybe some pizza and a few brews too!
    What would you hate in a partner? If they were mean, didn't like sports, wanted to talk, talk, talk when I'm busy on my rig. Otherwise, when I'm not, I'd hate if they weren't a good listener. If they weren't a good kisser, I love kissing! Um, I guess that's about it.
    Dream career: Tech Guru
    Stuff I love: The color pink! My hair, watching the stars, programming (and hacking...shhh), making stuff out of wood, video games, sports, conspiracy theorists, UFOs, mountains, hot, hot, hot weather, fixing stuff, kissing, pizza, Ziggy, my parents and GeekCon! \o/
    Stuff I hate: Snow, talkative people (blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda, Ugh!), judgy, preachy people, rules, except in coding, gotta follow the rules on that one. Bullies, snakes, lemmings (not the animal type), and scarecrows freak me out.
    @DCJ504 Briana is great! Thank you :)

@Skeilah I don't know how to pronounce her name but Maité is a cutie! Love her chubby cheeks :p

@Karababy52 Another girl who's into one color! Love it! :)
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Queenarella It's a Spanish name and although I don't really have much with Spain, this character is actually based of someone I know in real life (and she is Spanish herself). Maybe I should've added that in her bio but I didn't really think of that... XD

If you go to Google translate and type in the name in Spanish, and then listen to the pronouncing, that's how you pronounce it.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!