Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pro Tip

Comments

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I never get enough trick-or-treaters to complete that Spooky Day tradition. I just found another way. The “give gift” interaction works to complete it.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    Koteyka wrote: »
    Pro tip: sometimes when you want to take a picture of your toddler, you end up with something like this. But fear not! I found a simple way to get a better angle!
    iec1MdP.jpg

Step 1: make sure testingcheats is enabled and create a pool on your active lot. Send your photographer into the pool.
    z0bP8ct.jpg

Step 2: shift click on the ground where your photographer is supposed to stand. You'll get a "teleport here" option pop up.
    l44rsDz.jpg

Step 3: click on it. For whatever reason your sim is still swimming! :open_mouth: Now choose the camera and click "take photo" or "take photo of".
    2bOCLge.jpg

Ta daa!
    1uwRo7W.jpg
    (I've posted this in a different thread but thought I'd share it here too for more people to see :))

Freaking genius. My parent sims not being able to get cute photos of their toddlers on the floor makes family wall photos less than awesome. THANK YOU!

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Trying to complete the egg hunt on Easter Sunday with multiple sims? Have one sim collect all the eggs then move them all into another sim's inventory and - hey presto - they too have completed it!

Buy gloomy sims a journal. Each time they become gloomy have them make an entry which will not only dissolve the sad moodlet but increase writing skill.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2020
    @amp107 you're welcome! :)

Another awesome thing that I found out is that sims can take photos in any position. Swimming, sitting on a chair, sitting on a bed - anything! It really comes in handy when you need to get a photo that's not too high or too low. Now something I do is always keep a camp chair from outdoor retreat in my sims inventory - just in case they need to take a photo ;)
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    having trouble correct diagnosing patients to advance your sims medical career? You don’t need to diagnose a sick sim correctly for it to count as task completed. I had my sim incorrectly diagnose patients when she needed about 4 patients. Just don’t do it consecutively because it will drop your job performance. She never got fired demoted though😁
  • FrubblesFrubbles Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I don’t understand what you mean in your bonus tip.

Try googling what a black albino person looks like. Even without dark skin and hair, there are other distinguishing features. The idea is to check that the sim's facial features look correct for their race, even if their skin colour is green. Then you can change the skin colour back again.
  • FrubblesFrubbles Posts: 11 New Member
    > @AnnLee87 said:
    > Quick ways to make good friends with celebrities... When you see a celebrity fishing send your sim over to fish and then click on the celebrity Sim and ask them to mentor fishing. When the famous Sim is walking by have the kid do a school project. With the kid Sim selected and ask celebrity to assist with project. Anyone working on the project will make goods friends quickly. For normal friends have the gym trainer mentor your Sim. Also, after an introduction, taking pictures with a camera of any Sim makes instant friends fast.
    You can also add the celebrity to a club with your sim to become acquaintances then boost the success friendly or funny interactions with club points.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Pro Tip: Roofing can go a long way in giving your building the look you want. When looking at examples of potential builds, pay attention to the shape, height, slope, overhang, material, color, etc. of the roof.

d1cd9df3afb3ffe6656fac28d69d1f6a5f91c75e.png
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Pro Tips:
    Headphones from Fitness Stuff are the best way to gain fun while doing other things such as jogging, gardening, writing, painting, doing homework/studying for exams/presentations etc. The best part is they don't even need to listen to the music it just needs to be on.

Text your friends. Sims get upset if you call them at 3am but you can text them all day long and they never get mad.

Vampires are up in the early hours of the night so feel free to call them up.

Orange Juice + naps helps to make Sims get over sickness quicker. Sometimes you don't even need to buy medicine. Apple Juice for toddlers.

Some handy pairings...
    • Neat & Slob - slobs make a mess and neat sims have fun cleaning up.
    • Crafter & Materialistic - anything crafted counts as a new possession.
    • Evil & Romantic - evil sim erodes relationship, romantic sim flirts and rebuilds it.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    @logion this is the greatest thing I've seen all day; I can't stop watching it! *rofl* :D:D:D:D:D

Excuse me while I go attempt to compose myself....nope, can't do it, still laughing...

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    And the winner is.........LOGION!!!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    @logion , LOL, okay, perfect tip :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    @logion He is probably on his way to throw that violin, even the other two far away sims were able to smell it in less than a second! What did you feed her exactly lol.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    @logion Omg fantastic post. Love how he strolls away like "Welp, that happened..." :lol:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Fastest Ways To Build Toddler Skills:
    Movement: Slide from toddler stuff or the ‘wander’ interaction
    Communication: Blarffy (sooooo quick!)
    Imagination: Toys, TV or Doll house (ANOTHER TIP - if you don’t want parents to keep playing with doll house, make a small pocket in the house with a pet door. Toddlers can get through but adults can’t)

What @Leahmiller2006 toddlers can get through pet doors!
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    If you're doing a "Rags to Riches" challenge with Eco Lifestyle, your poor Sim will get bad moodlets if they eat too many of the "quick meals" out of their found fridge. However, if you have them tend some bees and collect the honey, you can fill their hunger need quickly and you can do it for every meal without them getting a bad moodlet. (You can also have them garden with the seeds they find in the dumpster or plants growing in the neighborhoods. Eating produce gives them a nice moodlet but they have to spend a lot of time eating several pieces of produce, whereas one "bottle" of honey and they're full. That's quite a time saver for them!)
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    Fastest Ways To Build Toddler Skills:
    Movement: Slide from toddler stuff or the ‘wander’ interaction
    Communication: Blarffy (sooooo quick!)
    Imagination: Toys, TV or Doll house (ANOTHER TIP - if you don’t want parents to keep playing with doll house, make a small pocket in the house with a pet door. Toddlers can get through but adults can’t)

What @Leahmiller2006 toddlers can get through pet doors!

Yup! It’s adorable, try it!
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
    Is your married sim stressed? Have their spouse remove the moodlet with the "offer massage" interaction.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    edited July 2020
    Pro tip: Functional playground without a loading screen (using mods)

You can use the grass field in Evergreen Harbor (and every other open district) for a playground using the T.O.O.L. mod.
    Download the mod, search in the open district a place to become a playground and build the playground using the mod.

Make a playground club with only children and set "Play On Playground Equipment" as a Club activity. When you want your children to play on the playground, you can start the club gathering to call the other children to come and play.

Locking your front door makes sure the kids won’t enter your house and will automatically play on the playground. In this way you can create functional playgrounds without a loading screen.

o59quk0qp.07.2020_00-04-32.png
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Pro tip if you cant adord a buttler and have get together just make a club and set the activities to things like clean cook and gardening .
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    logion wrote: »
    You can get your annoying roommates to stop playing the violin by farting in their vicinity.

mOpy2n.gif

tactical flatulence :D
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited July 2020
    I learned a new one today: When sizing down an item (such as a ceiling light) that you need to place multiples of in the smaller size, Holding down the [ key while you place all the lights will make them retain the smaller size so that you don't have to resize each one. Meaning, hold it down til you've placed all the lights you wish to place.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Pro tip the foods actually have calories

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/calories.php
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king