Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ps4. Do we need to buy all the dlc again?

I have most the packs on pc and I am thinking of switching over to ps4. Do I need to buy all the packs again or do I just need the base game ?? Thanks.

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Just curious why would you wanna play on console? I mean...go ahead if that's your thing. I just heard that playing on console is awful...plus why would you rebuy packs to play on a limited PS4 that has no CC or mods.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Sadly, i think you have to rebuy everything.
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    You do have to rebuy, different consoles.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    As the token console gamer here (lol) I honestly think it's a pretty good port! I love having something that can play the game and the controls aren't perfect for console but I played for a couple years with them and it was great.

I recently got a keyboard and mouse to play another game with and Sims 4 PS4 also uses keyboard and mouse.

You definitely need to buy again for console as it doesn't use origin.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Too expensive to buy all packs. I currently play on a laptop so graphics isn’t the best. I though it would look better on ps4...

• Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Just curious why would you wanna play on console? I mean...go ahead if that's your thing. I just heard that playing on console is awful...plus why would you rebuy packs to play on a limited PS4 that has no CC or mods.

Console is not awful, I think it is better because if you have a tv in your bedroom you could lie in bed and play and not at a desk.
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    It would suck to have to repurchase all the DLC again for sure. I wish that there was a way to communicate with Origin so that if you owned it on PC you could get like a free PSN/XBone code or something lol.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Too expensive to buy all packs. I currently play on a laptop so graphics isn’t the best. I though it would look better on ps4...

You can save up your money for better desktop computer rather than using it to rebuy all the packs in ps4, but whatever floats your boat.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    You do need to rebuy all packs again for the different platform. It may be more cost effective to just save for a gaming laptop or desktop rather than rebuying the game.
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    To be sincere, you'll have to buy everything again, unfortunately. I have almost all packs on PC till Pets and when i got my XOne S i decided to buy the game again because it would play better on console than on my potato PC. Well, i did buy 4 bundles to XOne. :/

That's very sad. EA should allow at least one time to switch between platforms without paying for it. Shame on you EA. :/
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2020
    Console is awful. I bought the base game for Xbox some time back for $8 and I’ve regretted it since. Controls suck and everything is too small. The distance between where I sit and my tv make everything way too difficult to read. It’s not worth the frustration at all. I refuse to buy any more packs for it. Playing with mouse and keyboard is a step in the right direction but they’ve still got a ways to go in my opinion.

And yes, you will have to start a new collection on each device you play on. So if you want to play on PC, PS4, and Xbox, you would need 3 individual copies. It’s ridiculous.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    My computer was down for 8 months and I have all dlc.
    When my computer wasn't working I brought the sims for ps4 which I already own. It was nice playing and seeing the game on a 55 inch TV
    but, then I realized I don't want to buy all those games all over.
    So I put a new harddrive in my computer and I never been so happy to have my baby back. So yes you have to buy the game for that platform.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2020
    Flap wrote: »
    To be sincere, you'll have to buy everything again, unfortunately. I have almost all packs on PC till Pets and when i got my XOne S i decided to buy the game again because it would play better on console than on my potato PC. Well, i did buy 4 bundles to XOne. :/

That's very sad. EA should allow at least one time to switch between platforms without paying for it. Shame on you EA. :/

That's pretty much how it works with games in general that's not just EA.

Can't recall any game that you don't have to buy again if you own it on X console but also want to play it on another X console. I 'think' you can share saves with some games with some platforms though other than that as per usual you always have to buy the game again. Why gaming is such an expensive hobby.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

I'm not that knowledgeable on tech stuff, but as an alternative you could probably connect your PC to a TV screen so then you'd atleast have a better quality and bigger screen to play it on.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Can't recall any game that you don't have to buy again if you own it on X console but also want to play it on another X console. I 'think' you can share saves with some games with some platforms though other than that as per usual you always have to buy the game again. Why gaming is such an expensive hobby.

Cyberpunk 2077 and Witcher 3
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

I'm not that knowledgeable on tech stuff, but as an alternative you could probably connect your PC to a TV screen so then you'd atleast have a better quality and bigger screen to play it on.

He/She use the laptop mode option no due screen size.... due graphics card capacities
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Yea the laptop graphics will look even worse on bigger screeen 😅
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Yes, consoles get the rough end of it because you can't try and mod around all the bugs EA throws out there that are never fixed. That, and there's no mods in general.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I just recently bought The Sims 4 for Xbox because it was on sale for I think $7 or something for me so I figured why not give it a go. I wish there was a way to transfer all my packs from my laptop but there's no way I'll be purchasing any packs on Xbox. I mostly got Sims 4 because it was so cheap and figured it would be a good game to play for a quick hour or so before bed.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Cyberpunk 2077 and Witcher 3

Yeah but that's CD Project Red. They're the good guys.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.